Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

22 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Saturate the Saudi league with enough top players and coaches over the next 5-10 years (and the money WILL bring them) and it suddenely becomes one of the top leagues no one will be going there to regress, it'll be sought after.

And play for what? Your making gross exaggerations when you don’t even know whether the Saudis will still have any interest in 5-10 years.

They can’t play in European Competitions and will never be a premier league, or other major league, becuase they are limited by their appeal to anyone outside of Arabia.

For me the Saudis would absolutely sink to ridiculously low levels to get Newcastle established. Afterall they are known to do rather horrendous things to people who "get in their way". That is fact and I cannot see why on Earth they wouldn't continue to play dirty to navigate FFP rules in order to get what they want. It's what they do as the history of behaviour shows us. Why that would be labelled a conspiracy theory is beyond me. It's actually just looking at past behaviour and assuming they will now bring that into the World of football, to get what they want.  Diaby may be part of that, he may not. It may well be just agents in this case. But do I think they will be up to dodgy stuff....Hell yes, 100%! 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

And play for what? Your making gross exaggerations when you don’t even know whether the Saudis will still have any interest in 5-10 years.

They can’t play in European Competitions and will never be a premier league, or other major league, becuase they are limited by their appeal to anyone outside of Arabia.

Don't be so naive look what they have done to golf! 

They are already buying assets in the big leagues and they have endless pot of wealth to dip into, who knows where the game will be in 5-10 years.

40 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

Money? Against the best players? You know, the reasons players come to England right now?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

You think they're going to stop at players?  I guarantee that the Saudis will buy their way into UEFA, just like they have with golf and the PGA tour.  Once they pull a lot of the talent away from Europe, they'll pull ad revenue/TV broadcast money away from UEFA as well and before long they'll realize it'll be better to partner up with the Saudi League instead of trying to ignore it completely.  Newcastle is their backup plan, but I'm pretty sure their end goal now is to make Saudi clubs the new juggernauts instead of Saudi owned European clubs. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Money? Against the best players? You know, the reasons players come to England right now?

The best players aren’t going to the league only those who at mostly the end of their careers.

Players still have to look at their legacy at the end of their careers and taking money over medals does none of that.

30 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Don't be so naive look what they have done to golf! 

They are already buying assets in the big leagues and they have endless pot of wealth to dip into, who knows where the game will be in 5-10 years.

I’m not naive, just a realist.

Winning and competing in the best leagues and against the best teams in Europe is still the goal of a majority of players.

Golf is not football and a lazy example.

If you believe the best 400 football players in the world are going sign for the Saudi League and only play for money, thats naive.

12 minutes ago, KMitch said:

You think they're going to stop at players?  I guarantee that the Saudis will buy their way into UEFA, just like they have with golf and the PGA tour.  Once they pull a lot of the talent away from Europe, they'll pull ad revenue/TV broadcast money away from UEFA as well and before long they'll realize it'll be better to partner up with the Saudi League instead of trying to ignore it completely.  Newcastle is their backup plan, but I'm pretty sure their end goal now is to make Saudi clubs the new juggernauts instead of Saudi owned European clubs. 

Football would be ruined in that scenario, and I don’t see the governments of major league countries accepting that scenario.

2 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

Football would be ruined in that scenario, and I don’t see the governments of major league countries accepting that scenario.

You don't think UEFA/FIFA (both organizations who have been embroiled in serious bribery scandals in the past 10 years) or European governments (who have NEVER turned down significant Saudi business opportunities before) will turn down a ridiculous amount of money from the Saudis for entry into UEFA competitions for the principle of it?  And you call yourself a realist who isn't naive? 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, KMitch said:

You don't think UEFA/FIFA (both organizations who have been embroiled in serious bribery scandals in the past 10 years) or European governments (who have NEVER turned down significant Saudi business opportunities before) will turn down a ridiculous amount of money from the Saudis for entry into UEFA competitions for the principle of it?  And you call yourself a realist who isn't naive? 

I think your over complicating a uncomplicated issue.

While fans focus on the mostly has beens who have gone to Arabia, there’s also very good players who have turned them down.

Some players will continue to sell their souls for money, while many players still value winning the major European leagues and cup competitions.

• Like 1

If the rumours that a fee has been agreed (paddy last night on the love for Paul mcgrath podcast) then this morning he won't be out for training with the Leverkusen sqaud, sleuths will be all over the live training this morning on YouTube. Then I suppose it's a waiting game see who he has chosen, either way think today is the day we find out if we got him. I feel optimistic it is a Wednesday. 

25 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

The best players aren’t going to the league only those who at mostly the end of their careers.

Players still have to look at their legacy at the end of their careers and taking money over medals does none of that.

Why are we discussing this in the Moussa Diaby thread then? A player who, if we were to sign him ahead of Al Nassr would be far and away our record signing.They're absolutely going after the best players.

They've already taken Wolves' best player, and about to take Fulham's as well. At the very least you can see them replacing the PL also-rans (which includes us) who have been propped up by TV money, if not the big boys. Though they have enough money to make that happen.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Why are we discussing this in the Moussa Diaby thread then? A player who, if we were to sign him ahead of Al Nassr would be far and away our record signing.They're absolutely going after the best players.

They've already taken Wolves' best player, and about to take Fulham's as well. At the very least you can see them replacing the PL also-rans (which includes us) who have been propped up by TV money, if not the big boys. Though they have enough money to make that happen.

I think it’s a short term fad. They can hand out money hand over fist, but football fans won’t actually watch their league.

31 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

Winning and competing in the best leagues and against the best teams in Europe is still the goal of a majority of players.

If you believe the best 400 football players in the world are going sign for the Saudi League and only play for money, thats naive.

Winning and competing on the US PGA tour was the pinnacle for the very best golfers in the world,  golfers aren't lazy that is a lazy comment. All it took was being set up for life with $$$ to persuade some of the very best golfers to switch footballers are no different at all and it won't take 400 to change the balance of power, realist? I'd hate to see players like Diaby go there but for the right money they will. 

4 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Winning and competing on the US PGA tour was the pinnacle for the very best golfers in the world,  golfers aren't lazy that is a lazy comment. All it took was being set up for life with $$$ to persuade some of the very best golfers to switch footballers are no different at all and it won't take 400 to change the balance of power, realist? I'd hate to see players like Diaby go there but for the right money they will. 

I don’t believe Diaby has any intention of going to Arabia. If that club was serious they could have already offered Leverkausen the money they want and offered ridiculous wages to the player, why hasn’t it happened already? Either the rumour is fake, or the player has no interest in seeing his career go down the toilet.

I could be wrong, but believe the player wants to come to Villa and most footballers who aren’t at the end of their careers will do the same.

People like Ronaldo, the Chelski exodus etc, they couldn’t get contracts anywhere else, good teams weren’t prepared to pay the transfer fee they wanted nor the inflated wages, only these dodgy Arabian clubs. And if you really forensically look at most of these transfers they are becuase that’s the only place their agent could get them a club.

Theres another side to this story, unfortunately some are more interested in coming up with the worse scenario.

1 hour ago, QldVilla said:

Can’t say I agree with you.

The more names that go over there, the more justifiable it becomes to others.

Right now they’re concentrating on recognisable top tier names.  Soon they will shift their focus to the next tier to make it a competitive watchable spectacle.  Then they’ve got a marketable product.  

if they wanted, they can even afford to broadcast it around the world free of charge - making it the go-to product for football because it doesn’t cost the viewer anything.  Once it is the go to product, then everything else just falls into place.

Think IPL of cricket.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Thug said:

He won the Ballon D’or.  For the first time.

That would make him in HIS prime.  I.E at the top of his game.

Ruben Neves is 26.

regardless, I’m not sure of what the point you’re trying to make is.

MY point is that money rules over all else.  Even at 35, Benzema would have had many suitors all over the world.

He chose a pay packet over heritage.

There is not a footballer in this earth that can not be bought.  I’m telling you now, if MBappe is offered £10bn, he’ll be playing in Saudi next year.

it’s a sad state of affairs, but money spanks the shit out of heritage.

And what do u mean by getting carried away?

You are making blanket statements that don't take into account previous attempts to "buy a league" and are ignoring the fact that most players that have gone to Saudi are not in their prime. Some will go for the money but most won't because they have footballing aspirations.

For the record i think the Saudi interest in Diaby is almost all hot air

Â