Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

11 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

I been on this. He's who I've wanted. Man creates more goal scoring opportunities than neymar and Messi per 90. Please **** get him. Dribbles more than Mbappe please. 

Interesting, from his youtube video he does look a powerhouse 👍

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Prefer him to Diaby?

Yeah, very impressive:

Yet he only started 13 times 

I only know a little about him, very rapid, good dribbler and high potential… but is he the finished article? Judging by 17 league starts in 2 years probably not, unless he’s just reached the tipping point very recently 

Would assume Diaby is more of a solid bet as he’s been a proper first choice player for Leverkusen for 3 seasons now. With the inconsistencies of Bailey, Coutinho, Buendia, Traore I’d rather go with Diaby 

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

Had you never heard of him? 

No I hadn't, he looks good from his videos on YouTube looks alot stronger than Diaby does in he looks more bulky more of a unit but still quick 

5 minutes ago, david-avfc said:

I only know a little about him, very rapid, good dribbler and high potential… but is he the finished article? Judging by 17 league starts in 2 years probably not, unless he’s just reached the tipping point very recently 

Would assume Diaby is more of a solid bet as he’s been a proper first choice player for Leverkusen for 3 seasons now. With the inconsistencies of Bailey, Coutinho, Buendia, Traore I’d rather go with Diaby 

Only 21, major potential. It’s a great area of the market to target…

But, we do need more effective players in our first team so Diaby would seemingly make more sense…

AL-Nassr were banned from registering new players on Thursday, until they pay up on outstanding debts including one to Leicester. I guess they will do that immediately as they are now owned by Saudi PIF.

It raises a question over multiple ownership of clubs (PIF who own Newcastle took over the top four Saudi clubs very recently). Newcastle are currently constrained by FFP, and will be concerned that players like Diaby signing for Villa will cause them problems next season in staying above Villa in the PL. So Al-Nassr theoretically step in and make a silly offer to Bayer Leverkusen for Diaby and that interferes with AVFC's plans as it either turns Diaby's head financially and he signs for them instead of us, or pushes Diaby's price to us to a much higher level than would otherwise be the case. Each scenario damages AVFC.

I may be overly cynical, but the lack of current regulation with Saudi clubs in relation to UEFA area controlled signings leaves an opportunity for the possibility of unscrupulous actions. 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, david-avfc said:

He has had lots of injuries in the last 2 seasons so missed a lot of games

26 minutes ago, david-avfc said:

I saw Neil say on his podcast, that Diaby is quite consistent, and he feels Villa fans would like this.

So you may be on to something.

14 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

AL-Nassr were banned from registering new players on Thursday, until they pay up on outstanding debts including one to Leicester. I guess they will do that immediately as they are now owned by Saudi PIF.

It raises a question over multiple ownership of clubs (PIF who own Newcastle took over the top four Saudi clubs very recently). Newcastle are currently constrained by FFP, and will be concerned that players like Diaby signing for Villa will cause them problems next season in staying above Villa in the PL. So Al-Nassr theoretically step in and make a silly offer to Bayer Leverkusen for Diaby and that interferes with AVFC's plans as it either turns Diaby's head financially and he signs for them instead of us, or pushes Diaby's price to us to a much higher level than would otherwise be the case. Each scenario damages AVFC.

I may be overly cynical, but the lack of current regulation with Saudi clubs in relation to UEFA area controlled signings leaves an opportunity for the possibility of unscrupulous actions. 

The whole situation is rotten. St maximin is rumoured to be sold to Saudi for a nice 40m. Not bad for a player who is not in howe's plans!

He also commented that loans from the Saudi clubs was a possibility. So Saudi clubs could buy all the likes of benzema and then loan then to Newcastle for minimal cost, circumventing FFP. If fifa and PL don't intervene then football as a competition is absolutely dead. 

9 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

The whole situation is rotten. St maximin is rumoured to be sold to Saudi for a nice 40m. Not bad for a player who is not in howe's plans!

He also commented that loans from the Saudi clubs was a possibility. So Saudi clubs could buy all the likes of benzema and then loan then to Newcastle for minimal cost, circumventing FFP. If fifa and PL don't intervene then football as a competition is absolutely dead. 

You can only have 2 players on loan in Premier League at a time

Theoretically you could also have the situation where Gerrard might well want to sign his good friend Phil Coutinho, but PIF may say "NO" because they do not want to pay money to Villa and considerably reduce our wage bill (improving our FFP situation) as we are a probable Newcastle rival.

51 minutes ago, Frodo said:

No I hadn't, he looks good from his videos on YouTube looks alot stronger than Diaby does in he looks more bulky more of a unit but still quick 

He's fairly well-known tbf - I think he appeared on a fair few people's radars when he played at the Euros a couple of years back, as he came on as a young kid and looked pretty dangerous straight off the bat. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

Theoretically you could also have the situation where Gerrard might well want to sign his good friend Phil Coutinho, but PIF may say "NO" because they do not want to pay money to Villa and considerably reduce our wage bill (improving our FFP situation) as we are a probable Newcastle rival.

PIF have no say in transfers from Gerrards team

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

I didn't think Gerrard was at a PIF club (at least not officially)?  I might well be wrong though...

1 hour ago, Frodo said:

Que every one on here going to youtube to see who the f▪︎▪︎▪︎ Jermey Doku is 🤣

He's a good signing on FM - him and Ernest Poku always pile in with goals and assists.

• Like 2

Â