Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2023/24

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

BOF

1 hour ago, BOF said:

Not that you hardy grizzled veterans would get caught out by it, but beware the 8pm Friday kickoff this week lads & lassies.

i hadn't actually noticed, thanks

• Like 1

I went Maddison instead of Gordon last week. Which looks like a terribe decision.

But the idea was to leave a third Newcastle slot that I could fill with Wilson. So I'll have both Isak and Wilson.

In the run in last season they both scored shit loads so hoping we get a repeat. Newcastle are right back in form

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

I'm willing to give up Watkins getting the golden boot for a Cole Palmer hat trick tonight.

_113803180_hi062767807.jpg

• Like 1

out of the top 100k for the first time since GW23. pretty well set up for the rest of the season though

Decent standard in the league this season. Top 25k and only 4th. Dagnammit. Although I seem to have the Midas touch with defenders. Brought Schar & Udogie in just before season ending injuries. Anyone else want someone injured for the rest of the season? Just let me know.

You know when you know there’s an early deadline and you’re just about to make your transfer and changes then the shit hits the fan at work and you have to have multiple phone calls and jump in to fix the issues… then you finish, look at the time and it’s 2 mins past the deadline… yeah that happened

Already 30 points down this week on where I should be. Haaland not captained and Saka on the bench. If someone could shoot Darwin Nunez so he doesn’t play a single minute that would be helpful :D 

All of the following is in the context of using the bench boost.

This week's thought process is 'how many hits' on the basis that they're basically free if replacing non-playing players (in my case Kelleher) with doublers. Or almost free if replacing a single with a doubler.

I'd really like Jackson this week but I'm already triple Chelsea. So I'd need to dump Petrovic or Gusto.

7.1 ITB

Scenario 1 (1 FT 0 hits)
Just bring in a goalkeeper (someone like Vicario) for Kelleher.
10 doublers + Gabriel, Saka, Ait-Nouri, Reguilon, Muniz

Scenario 2 (2 FT -4)
Bring in a goalkeeper for Kelleher.
Bring in a doubler for Muniz v mci
11 doublers + Gabriel, Saka, Ait-Nouri, Reguilon

Scenario 3 (3 FT -8)
Bring in a goalkeeper for Kelleher.
Bring in Jackson for Muniz v mci
Bring in a defensive doubler for Gusto
11 doublers + Gabriel, Saka, Ait-Nouri, Reguilon

I won't be going scenario 1 because that's too boring and at 17k OR I want to roll the dice a little bit to try and gain.

If I think I can cover Jackson with another striker then I may go scenario 2 because I don't dislike having Gusto for the run-in now he's back from injury.

Maybe a midweek injury or a press conference might make my decision making process easier. But that's where I am for now.

i just want the season to end. got 2 utd players ffs

on paper my DGW looks decent but so many players i've made the mistake of bringing in (i.e. maddison) and not got any chelsea apart from palmer.

got 2 FTs just doing gabriel to dunk and rolling the other with the view to just having a bit of fun on the last day

15 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

Is this the place for general FPL discussion? And if so, is it cool to ask for thoughts on, say, a free hit squad?

Yes it is and yes it's cool. Welcome! 😁

25 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

Thank you! Just wanted to be clear before I hit you guys up for advice 🤣

In gameweek 37 😂 You left it late 😛

Just now, BOF said:

In gameweek 37 😂 You left it late 😛

Yeah, plan was to use it earlier but my season has been such a train wreck I decided to pocket it after seeing a bunch of mini league rivals squander theirs. Only thing keeping me engaged now is possibility to leap several spots in ML tables this GW. This season I think my process and strategy was better than ever before, yet results have not followed. Too many injuries & elite players hitting dry spells. Looking forward to season’s end 😜

5 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

Yeah, plan was to use it earlier but my season has been such a train wreck I decided to pocket it after seeing a bunch of mini league rivals squander theirs. Only thing keeping me engaged now is possibility to leap several spots in ML tables this GW. This season I think my process and strategy was better than ever before, yet results have not followed. Too many injuries & elite players hitting dry spells. Looking forward to season’s end 😜

i guess i'd say at this point then is just have some fun...look for some differentials with good double fixtures. brighton players, lesser owned city players maybe.

palmer, haaland, son and probably isak should be in your team too (IMO anyway)

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i guess i'd say at this point then is just have some fun...look for some differentials with good double fixtures. brighton players, lesser owned city players maybe.

palmer, haaland, son and probably isak should be in your team too (IMO anyway)

spacer.png

^^^
This is where I am for now. As people I am looking to jump in MLs don’t have FH or WC (so can’t field 11 doublers without taking several -4s) I am less concerned with differentials and focused on total points. Questions I have, in no order of importance:

1. Keeper. No idea really 

2. Defenders in general. No one really fills me with enthusiasm 

3. Do I lose Chalobah and get Jackson, switching to 3-4-3? And if so, which mid gets benched?

4. KDB or Son? If Son, would then bring in Gvardiol, but wondering if he’s nailed to play both matches. Have enough cash to do Gordon or Madueke to Son as an alternative 

Edited by Nor-Cal Villan

defence is a tough one. not sure there's going to be many clean sheets around. brighton and spurs leak goals and as you say there's no city player you can say is definitely safe (though gvardiol is probably as safe a bet as you can get at the moment)

i actually prefer madueke or gordon over son personally. the former would definitely be in a FH draft of mine as he's looking good at the moment.

• Thanks 1

Â