Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2023/24

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

BOF

On 10/11/2023 at 10:33, bickster said:

Christ, will I never rid myself of Ward-Prowse.

Same here, had to start him for this gameweek! I’ve used my transfer for maddison out this week as dont want him to decline in value further, I got palmer in and now have £4.4 mil ITB, had 1.7 from last time out. Wanted to do a straight swap between maddison for son but was 0.2 short so went for palmer this week and then will do JWP for son next week. 

my midfield then will be diaby Bowen saka and son, palmer as fifth option when not playing a front 3. Don’t think I will be able to get alvarez in again but not too fussed with keeping nketiah and alternating between 3 up top and 5 in midfield. Might look to try and get foden in at some point in a few weeks time 

Edited by Villatillidie95

Big Mo delivering on captaincy once again. Slightly disappointed to come back and see I benched Tsimikas though 🙃. Bloke is never gonna deliver a 14 pointer ever again. 

59 with Erl and Alvarez to go though. 

Thank f*** Maddison got injured :D 

If he was fit I'd have got rid of JWP and wouldn't have Bowen either

80 points so far with a non-captain Haaland to play. Fortunately all the people who captained Haaland in our ML are all at the bottom

Edit: so ended on a very pleasing 97

Before todays games I had a feeling that salah was going to haul, so I decided to take a -8 to get him in my team. Got trippier out for zinchenko which freed up 2 mil, had 4.4 ITB from last week. Then sold diaby which gave me just enough to get salah in, have 0.1 left.

it meant JWP wasn’t able to be sold so I played him instead and he’s got 2 assists to quite happy with that. Team is much stronger going forward now as arsenal have some kind fixtures and I don’t expect newcastle to do as well now with their injuries. Feels good not to be missing out on salah hauls going forward! if I had waited until after todays games I wouldn’t have been able to afford it so glad I acted. Annoyed that I left tsimi on the bench :(

2 hours ago, Farlz said:

Big Mo delivering on captaincy once again. Slightly disappointed to come back and see I benched Tsimikas though 🙃. Bloke is never gonna deliver a 14 pointer ever again. 

59 with Erl and Alvarez to go though. 

I did the same thing :(

And Palmer on the bench means I left 20 points on there this week

• Sad 1

The play this week transfer-wise will be to cash in on cash for pinnock, freeing up 0.5 mil. JWP plays Burnley so I will be hoping he can get some assists or goals, with a price rise maybe. Mbeumo, who I want in the team, is 6.8 mil, and I have 0.1 mil ITB so will still be 0.1 mil short if there is no rise. I will be willing to take a -4 for Mbeumo as he has very kind fixtures starting the week after next with Luton the key one. 

Maddison getting injured is probably the best thing for my FPL team as it’s made me get salah and palmer in.

now got a decent 5 man midfield of saka, salah, Bowen, Palmer and JWP (soon to be mbeumo). No spurs assets in attack but I think son might struggle a bit more without Maddison. Getting trippier out for zinchenko also freed up a lot of funds and gave me some arsenal coverage in defence

I can turn Mitoma into Saka and Trippier into Saliba but that leaves 0.0 ITB so there's a time element to it. But it also scuppers plans from 14 and 15 onwards. So it might be that Son is sacrificed. I've a few assets heading into sticky fixtures so my possibilities are endless at the moment 😬

I’ve been studying the player statistics and pricing, I think instead of cash to pinnock I will go cash to mykolenko, 0.2 mil cheaper at 4.4 mil and one of the highest scoring defenders in the game at the moment, Everton going through a bit of a renaissance too and got forest coming up next which I see them getting something out of. Mbeumo faces arsenal so hopefully there is no price rise for him then can just use the other free the weekend after saving me the -4 

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, a-k said:

Wow, currently have 5 flagged. Hoping to somehow make it through this GW without using my WC because I'm pretty happy with my squad otherwise for the coming weeks.

mitoma back in training so i must need my head examined in that i'm going to transfer him out considering how many other doubts there are.

13 hours ago, tomav84 said:

mitoma back in training so i must need my head examined in that i'm going to transfer him out considering how many other doubts there are.

Not the asset he was last season IMO anyway, even if he's fit he gets rotated

I have three flagged but I'm not overly concerned about Cash and Haaland. That just leaves Bowen but as I only brought him in last week thats an easy no financial loss out, just who for is the issue, trying not to do the Mbuemo move so tempted by Palmer

Seems like Bowen might well be fine. Which is a big relief. Didn't need to solve that particular conundrum this week, and 123k people have sold him before a Burnley game, lol. I have a plan for the next 2 weeks, and as with all plans, it really could do with nothing else going screwy in the meantime. I think Cash will be going this week for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BOF said:

Seems like Bowen might well be fine. Which is a big relief. Didn't need to solve that particular conundrum this week, and 123k people have sold him before a Burnley game, lol. I have a plan for the next 2 weeks, and as with all plans, it really could do with nothing else going screwy in the meantime. I think Cash will be going this week for me.

with bowen i was fairly relaxed as fixtures are still good after this GW and all i'd have needed to do is start archer at home to bournemouth. which i might end up doing anyway

Â