Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

@Mazrim sorry - I only learnt illustrator to play with these badges - been copying and manipulating the many iterations - and I don't have the time (or the will left with the impending reveal from Mr Heck) to make them exact - it was just a quick iteration to improve on what I think is coming...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ingers said:

if its the drop shadow or even the detailed lion one from the leaks, which lets be fair its 99.9% going to be - its terrible....

I can see the logic of not using too much claret in a badge that’s going to be on a predominantly claret shirt… but a good design and sensible colour scheme would be nice or the least we should expect/deserve…

Maybe a standalone lion is the (only) solution… on the shirts and certain training wear, tops etc.

🤞 

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Ingers said:

@CarryOnVilla

1TDch8H.png

yellow or claret?.....

Claret always on blue

gold on claret 

claret on gold

also, way nicer without the text in the shield. External text is the way to go 

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Exciting to have adidas on board and I’m looking forward to seeing all the gear and merchandise they will produce… but an ugly badge is going to reduce the appeal and maybe even spoil certain products… I hope the badge can live up to and match the quality of the gear…

100%  - Adidas make some nice stuff, especially some of the retro stuff, but its such a shame its gonna have the blobby drop shadow badge on it  - just the lion, then maybe, new heck badge and I'm keeping my dollars....

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Ingers said:

@Mazrim sorry - I only learnt illustrator to play with these badges - been copying and manipulating the many iterations - and I don't have the time (or the will left with the impending reveal from Mr Heck) to make them exact - it was just a quick iteration to improve on what I think is coming...

While understanding the restrictions and limitations… and what has been trademarked…

This is what I want and probably the best we can hope for:

spacer.png

I doubt they’ll use darker detailing so…

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Unrealistic to expect anything better or much different than this but… we may end up with something inferior… 😬

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 2

@CarryOnVilla I was joking re the yellow lion....  As per the previous 200 odd pages, never yellow or gold on blue, claret on blue, or maybe gold on claret (with enough blue elsewhere), or blue on claret...

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

spacer.png

Of all the designs I’ve seen posted on here, this has been the best of the lot. Absolutely lovely in my view.  Shame, would have looked gorgeous on a home kit. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Are those weeds sticking out the stumps building?! All that and somebody left the weeds?!

A bit cheap n cheerful isn’t it? Couldn’t they have cleaned/jet washed the brickwork or even painted it to “spruce it all up” before painting on all the logos?

Maybe do a better job in future 🤷‍♂️ 

Make it look more like this:

spacer.png

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I can see the logic of not using too much claret in a badge that’s going to be on a predominantly claret shirt… but a good design and sensible colour scheme would be nice or the least we should expect/deserve…

Maybe a standalone lion is the (only) solution… on the shirts and certain training wear, tops etc.

🤞 

On the shirt - yes, but our badge is our "brand" everywhere - on media, TV, Websites, predominantly on white backgrounds, and often vastly reduced - needs to be claret and blue (or blue and claret) with minor gold detailing to pop - look at the twitter video just posted of the stumps paintings, and if you didn't know, tell me what our colours (and brand) are...

1 minute ago, Ingers said:

On the shirt - yes, but our badge is our "brand" everywhere - on media, TV, Websites, predominantly on white backgrounds, and often vastly reduced - needs to be claret and blue (or blue and claret) with minor gold detailing to pop - look at the twitter video just posted of the stumps paintings, and if you didn't know, tell me what our colours (and brand) are...

Yeah… we’re stuck with the same old problem…

Shocked that the most obvious issue has not been addressed and we’re sticking with the same colours… it’s almost pointless to bother redesigning if the colours aren’t going to change.

Oh well.

12 minutes ago, Ingers said:

@CarryOnVilla I was joking re the yellow lion....  As per the previous 200 odd pages, never yellow or gold on blue, claret on blue, or maybe gold on claret (with enough blue elsewhere), or blue on claret...

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Yeah… we’re stuck with the same old problem…

Shocked that the most obvious issue has not been addressed and we’re sticking with the same colours… it’s almost pointless to bother redesigning if the colours aren’t going to change.

Oh well.

I mean the lion has been yellow since the 90’s just sayin … 

It's good to see Adidas getting so involved and wanting to put time and effort in - the murals look a little scruffy and the building could have done with a bit of a scrub while they were there - but I guess that reflects that it might well be a building site this time next week.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

I don’t mind a yellow, and really like a gold, lion… it’s sticking it on a pale blue background that is the problem…

Aah… we’ve been over this a million times… round n round we go 😂

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

Although as soon as we got a major design company involved changing it to claret was one of the first things they did.

• Like 2

Â