Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

3 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Just curious what a claret outline around the lion would look and to what degree it would help the lion stand out… a darker shade of blue might help too and a “golder version” of the yellow… since they’re unwilling to drop the stupid colour scheme.

Sounds like an easy fix compared to the crap they have come up with and amateur drop shadow.

the same shade of claret outlining the lion may work… anyone wanna give it a go? @Ingers @fightoffyour @Teale's 'tache @Muller Yogurt Long Sleever

could also try in the crappy new badge… but change that horrid dark or almost black border to the bright claret of the original.

truly horrid 🤦‍♂️

Something like this?
image.thumb.png.2dba40dd5f05078297321483468ff15d.png

Can't say I like it...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Billson said:

Something like this?

Can't say I like it...

Better than a drop shadow, but there are much easier ways to fix it. 

• Like 2

On 30/04/2024 at 05:14, The_Steve said:

The lion is missing an eye, someone clearly downloaded a template and did a horrible job with it. 

Looks like the lion has lost some of it's claws based on that bottom paw aswell

3 hours ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Sorry mate on my holidays at the minute so can't mock anything up right now. Back Tuesday, if nobody has done it before then I'll give it a go for you

Thanks mate, sorry to disturb… have a wonderful time 👍

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Billson said:

Something like this?

Can't say I like it...

Yeah pretty much, just wondered what effect it would have when the badge is miniaturised, zoomed out, viewed from a distance 👍👍

it’s kind of a quick fix and improves on it or remedies the original problem/issue somewhat… at least the lion can be seen and not reduced to an obscure or blurred blob.

But not the sort of quality we deserve or expect…

Edited by Jas10

I will be very surprised if we end up with an Adidas "template" shirt.  We've signed a premium contract and will get a premium service.  Plus this is the season for celebrating 150 years so I am sure that the club and Adidas will be looking to make a strong impression.  I would imagine that demand for next season's shirt should be significantly higher as people will be tempted to fork out for a kit celebrating a pretty special anniversary.  I've got next to no chance of making the 200th anniversary and so am definitely considering buying a shirt and framing it.

9 minutes ago, allani said:

I will be very surprised if we end up with an Adidas "template" shirt.  We've signed a premium contract and will get a premium service.  Plus this is the season for celebrating 150 years so I am sure that the club and Adidas will be looking to make a strong impression.  I would imagine that demand for next season's shirt should be significantly higher as people will be tempted to fork out for a kit celebrating a pretty special anniversary.  I've got next to no chance of making the 200th anniversary and so am definitely considering buying a shirt and framing it.

That’s interesting thought! I love and buy kits of our winning years but have never thought about anniversary years.  Don’t think it being an anniversary year would push me to buy a Villa kit but I guess there might be a demand for it.  I will only buy it pre the season if I love the style of the kit or post the season if we win something significant.

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The awkward star still just winds me up 🤦🏾‍♂️

What I don’t get… is if a simpleton like me can so easily and quickly improve on what we had and are likely to get… why can’t the club or whoever they employ???

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

What I don’t get… is if a simpleton like me can so easily and quickly improve on what we had and are likely to get… why can’t the club or whoever they employ???

spacer.png

spacer.png

I think claret and yellow has been ruled out because the colour scheme exactly matches West Ham.  Regardless of who came first, who took what colours first, etc - I think that's something that needs to be considered.  That doesn't mean that I don't like it or that I am a fan on yellow on light blue (I'm definitely not) but I do think a unique shape and a unique colour combination helps - especially when dealing with people who haven't followed football for 20, 30, 40 years and so would be less quick at spotting the difference.  I think for the those not familiar with the PL it can be difficult to spot the difference between Villa and West Ham with a quick glance and if the badges are the same colours then it makes it tougher.  I'm not suggesting that we drop claret, blue and yellow at all or abandon tradition - just that I think we need to try and come up with an identity using those colours that makes it much easier to identify Villa.  (Man Utd, Arsenal and Liverpool all wear predominantly red shirts and yet they each have their own unique "feel" so even at a quick glance you can spot the difference) 

Edited by allani

19 minutes ago, allani said:

I think claret and yellow has been ruled out because the colour scheme exactly matches West Ham.  Regardless of who came first, who took what colours first, etc - I think that's something that needs to be considered.  That doesn't mean that I don't like it or that I am a fan on yellow on light blue (I'm definitely not) but I do think a unique shape and a unique colour combination helps - especially when dealing with people who haven't followed football for 20, 30, 40 years and so would be less quick at spotting the difference.  I think for the those not familiar with the PL it can be difficult to spot the difference between Villa and West Ham with a quick glance and if the badges are the same colours then it makes it tougher.  I'm not suggesting that we drop claret, blue and yellow at all or abandon tradition - just that I think we need to try and come up with an identity using those colours that makes it much easier to identify Villa.  (Man Utd, Arsenal and Liverpool all wear predominantly red shirts and yet they each have their own unique "feel" so even at a quick glance you can spot the difference) 

That’s fair but… I’m of the mentality that it should be them worrying about resembling us/ours rather than the other way around, we are the original and best claret and blue team (with a classy touch of gold).

Plus we have a lion…

they have a pair of shitty hammers…

Posted (edited)

Wish we would change/upgrade these crappy lions though… the worst version… would look way better with the proper ones.

spacer.png

Edited by Jas10

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, allani said:

it can be difficult to spot the difference between Villa and West Ham with a quick glance 

I don’t really think this is the case either mate…

ok, maybe the colours to a degree but the lion is a big enough difference (and why it should be vivid and prominent) from hammers…

personally… I’m not sure we even need a full crest… maybe the unique ASTON VILLA LION is enough and can be iconic…

I’ve always associated our colours and our club as the most vibrant and bold too…

West Ham & Burnley colours and especially shirts are quite bland, dark and dull in comparison…

personally… I’ve always seen a big difference…

we just need to perfect the design of the badge and not worry about comparisons to other clubs imo… they should all look up to, respect and fear us 🦁 😆

Edited by Jas10

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Billson said:

Something like this?

Can't say I like it...

Maybe it isn’t ideal but… you can shrink that plenty and still distinguish the lion or shape…

even in sunlight… you’d still be able to make it out… or just make the lion claret altogether!

Seeing it on the shirt… it wouldn’t just be a blurred yellow blob

Again, a quick, easy, cheap (?) fix…

But we deserve a hell of a lot better… fat chance of that…

Edited by Jas10

18 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Wish we would change/upgrade these crappy lions though… the worst version… would look way better with the proper ones.

spacer.png

Like actual lions!? The fear we could give opposition teams 😉

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MapleVilla said:

Like actual lions!? The fear we could give opposition teams 😉

The next step in Heck’s master plan 😆

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

That’s fair but… I’m of the mentality that it should be them worrying about resembling us/ours rather than the other way around, we are the original and best claret and blue team (with a classy touch of gold).

Plus we have a lion…

they have a pair of shitty hammers…

But we can't force them to change.  I'm not talking about a complete overhaul, a change of colours or anything like - but I do think that within a global market it is something that we will be looking at.

21 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I don’t really think this is the case either mate…

ok, maybe the colours to a degree but the lion is a big enough difference (and why it should be vivid and prominent) from hammers…

personally… I’m not sure we even need a full crest… maybe the unique ASTON VILLA LION is enough and can be iconic…

I’ve always associated our colours and our club as the most vibrant and bold too…

West Ham & Burnley colours and especially shirts are quite bland, dark and dull in comparison…

personally… I’ve always seen a big difference…

we just need to perfect the design of the badge and not worry about comparisons to other clubs imo… they should all look up to, respect and fear us 🦁 😆

I've been married for 25 years and my wife still can't tell the difference between Villa and West Ham when she walks into the sitting room and the footie is on.  Admittedly she's unlikely to buy any Villa merchandise but I think it does show that people who aren't currently avid fans do struggle.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, allani said:

But we can't force them to change.  I'm not talking about a complete overhaul, a change of colours or anything like - but I do think that within a global market it is something that we will be looking at.

Get your point mate and usually respect your opinion. 👍

16 hours ago, allani said:

I've been married for 25 years and my wife still can't tell the difference between Villa and West Ham when she walks into the sitting room and the footie is on.  Admittedly she's unlikely to buy any Villa merchandise but I think it does show that people who aren't currently avid fans do struggle.

Yup, many a time there has been West Ham or even Burnley game on and I get a " Oh your team is playing how comes you're not watching " 🤦🏾‍♂️

Â