Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

May as well take Baggies’ badge at this rate 🤦‍♂️

spacer.png

That is so cool! When they do cross-genetic breeding we should sod the dinosaurs and get the lion-bird…it’ll be a roaring success

Looks classic with a claret lion (the usual grumbles about the star, the 1874, and 'Aston Villa' being placed at the bottom aside).

Love it when we introduce gold to our badges, but, in this case, I think it would only work best on the kit while the bottom row-left would work best for anything with a lighter background.

(We already switch between white and claret borders for different contexts - the white was an awful choice, imo - so I don't see we couldn't switch between blue and gold.)

Edited by His Name Is Death

15 minutes ago, Muller Yogurt Long Sleever said:

Consider it whatever Pantone or shade of blue you like or think is right - the point is to further demonstrate how ridiculous and frustrating the colour use is at present. We have 3 colours to consider (I have no idea why white has been added, and appreciate some people prefer just claret and blue). Whatever the reason is, or ever was to go yellow on blue, is a bad one.

Whatever anyone’s opinion of the overall design of elements (I think it’s crap and unbalanced, would drop the star and 1874, but whatever), there are multiple colour combinations that at least give this thing contrast. 

So please Chris, one more step at least, you can do this… (then we can move on to composition, and maybe promote you from Work Experience to Intern Designer)

colour combos.jpg

Nice…

the problem with a claret lion is that it could look like a cut out (stencil or template) on a claret shirt… unless it has the right detailing or a different shade to make it stand out.

the gold lion is the preference for me… it’s just that stupid blue background and stupid shade of yellow that have been the problem. 

ASTON VILLA should really be at the top too…

But… it all seems quite pointless… the club are just going to go with what they want but… it seems like they can’t decide or get around the rules in place either… they’re not going to ditch that pale blue background are they?

Fed up of it all tbh…

Edited by Jas10

15 minutes ago, Muller Yogurt Long Sleever said:

Consider it whatever Pantone or shade of blue you like or think is right - the point is to further demonstrate how ridiculous and frustrating the colour use is at present. We have 3 colours to consider (I have no idea why white has been added, and appreciate some people prefer just claret and blue). Whatever the reason is, or ever was to go yellow on blue, is a bad one.

Whatever anyone’s opinion of the overall design of elements (I think it’s crap and unbalanced, would drop the star and 1874, but whatever), there are multiple colour combinations that at least give this thing contrast. 

So please Chris, one more step at least, you can do this… (then we can move on to composition, and maybe promote you from Work Experience to Intern Designer)

colour combos.jpg

The yellow lion and claret background is the best, but for me the majority blue and claret ones don't really work. To those I prefer the one you wrote Whhhhhhhy over—that one is absolutely fine. It's a marked improvement from the drop shadow version and looks good. (but yeah, the claret background and yellow lion is best)

Edited by Rolta

Just now, Muller Yogurt Long Sleever said:

Me too mate and no idea why I'm bothering to be honest!

Agree the claret lion looks a bit like a cut-out, I prefer gold on claret. Just some full on clutching at straws

I think the vast majority have probably stopped caring so much and have been successfully drained or worn out and willing to accept anything that’s half decent or acceptable… a shame really…

But if it’s bad, I suppose there will be a renewed push to reject it…

🤷‍♂️

The sooner this is over, the better but it’s been comically dragging on with no word or info from the club…

Can't get over how they've seen the overwhelmingly negative fan reaction to the first trademark to the extent that they've adjusted it and introduced a second trademark... that solves none of the many problems people have with the first one, but somehow makes the colour scheme even worse and arguably less legible (and still without even a hint of claret)!

Edited by wishywashy
  • Like 2

How about a thick blue border (maybe a line of gold in between) to break things up, a claret background, gold detailed lion… Aston Villa at the top. No 1874, no star… just a clean image.

Ah what’s the bloody point?

😂

8 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Oh but aren't we so lucky to have Mr Heck, the guru of design!

I dread to think whatever they actually had/have in store looks like… especially because we now know that the image with the gold lion is fake 🤦‍♂️  What a prick that guy is!

Who the hell knows what is going on behind the scenes? Embarrassing 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

In fairness, that " Asten " account put the overlay on the lion way before Bosko Boots did his rendering, and the club trademarked the overlay graphic years ago?

So essentially, the club own all the elements which go into the badge already, what grounds would that bloke have to kick up a fuss?

No one asked him to do what he did lol.

I'm starting to wonder if we're being " had " by multiple parties FFS 😂.

Just needs to be done now.

Made me chuckle Bosko was lapping up the praise and flexing his marketing experience when he's just plain robbed the idea

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Still think this is great

shout it to @fightoffyour

he had it sussed with his designs

spacer.png

There was one with the older/usual lion too

Maybe look even better with the detailed lion 

spacer.png

Even something as simple as making the star and 1874 claret improves this design, and that's very basic stuff.

Make all the writing Claret, and give it a good outline as well maybe?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

1 hour ago, punkymonkey666 said:

Claret badge on a claret shirt regardless of lion colour would look crap. Especially as it will be difficult to match the colours exactly between shirt and crest materials.

Nope

Â