Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

3 minutes ago, Billson said:

It was the minutes from the FAB meeting on the 20th December that said 2 weeks.

"Having now completed the detailed consultation process, the Club will look to announce the new crest in approximately two weeks from the meeting, and the crest will then be rolled out across the summer."

Thank you. I knew it had been said, thought it was Heck but presume the minutes released by the club would have contained info he'd provided.

FYI @allani

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Billson said:

It was the minutes from the FAB meeting on the 20th December that said 2 weeks.

"Having now completed the detailed consultation process, the Club will look to announce the new crest in approximately two weeks from the meeting, and the crest will then be rolled out across the summer."

OK thanks.  Like I said the only quote I could find was the interview on the 19th.  The above looks much more definite - especially if these are the official minutes published / agreed by the club.  If they are unofficial minutes then it is still possible that someone said a few / a couple and someone's written that as a more definite two.  But either way it's a very different message to the quote in the interview that I'd read.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Thank you. I knew it had been said, thought it was Heck but presume the minutes released by the club would have contained info he'd provided.

FYI @allani

👍  Happy to stand corrected - especially if they are the minutes released by the club.  It does (as your original post said) put a very different slant on things.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, R.Bear said:

I'm amazed at the positive reception for that detailed Lion badge. It's hideous. I haven't seen a single design, leak or fan mockup that I've liked. I prefer the old AVFC one to any since.

Not sure if you're joking (particularly if you rate the Lerner AVFC badge!), but I'm not amazed that fans have differing opinions and I think I'm mostly accepting of them .

In my opinion, on a scale of 1 to 10, where 1 is me actively protesting at Villa Park (down with this sort of thing) and 2 is emails to the club and complaining on fan forums.

I'd mark the Lerner years AVFC blue & yellow badge as a 3;

the 'copyright' badge is a 4 (it's as bad as the Lerner AVFC but gets an extra point for at least including the name of our club);

the 'leaked' detailed gold lion crest images are a 5;

the temporary round badge is a 6.

It's a shame none are a 7+ in my opinion, but as previously stated, at least they're not 'can't shift this phlegm off my chest' leeedz style bad. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

No I'm not joking. I think the badge without prepared is better than anything that's followed.

Is it perfect? No but compared to the monstrosity of the current one, its a work of art. Modern, simple, stands out. I liked it.

1200px-Aston_Villa_logo.svg.png

I'm really not a fan of the non detailed yellow lion and unedited, that crest normally has 'prepared' in a poor font. Also when 'Aston Villa' is great sounding and even has a good balanced look to it, why use AVFC?

When I see that AVFC badge, I'm really not surprised the recent 'Aston Villa' with detailed gold lion on a shield got some 'it's okay' type comments. I clearly don't agree with your opinion but it doesn't amaze me that it's held.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

No I'm not joking. I think the badge without prepared is better than anything that's followed.

Is it perfect? No but compared to the monstrosity of the current one, its a work of art. Modern, simple, stands out. I liked it.

I kind of agree that (although not perfect), it’s by no means the worst. If it had said Aston Villa, rather than AVFC, all the better at the time.

I’ve said previously, the badge below could have been a beauty with a few tweaks:

IMG_1267.thumb.jpeg.ed7717c1626a5b54fad4e38f9c8c4117.jpeg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, brommy said:

I'm really not a fan of the non detailed yellow lion and unedited, that crest normally has 'prepared' in a poor font.

Unedited? We changed the badge and removed the "prepared" years ago. It's not edited, it was changed. You're obviously a big Villa fan 😬

13 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

I kind of agree that (although not perfect), it’s by no means the worst. If it had said Aston Villa, rather than AVFC, all the better at the time.

I’ve said previously, the badge below could have been a beauty with a few tweaks:

That is literally 1 tweak.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

Unedited? We changed the badge and removed the "prepared" years ago. It's not edited, it was changed. You're obviously a big Villa fan 😬

My mistake on the old badge 'prepared' omission. I'm a slightly overweight Villa fan of near 1000 games attended. Not sure if that's 'big' or not, but then I'm not looking to be judged.

The AVFC, un-detailed pale yellow lion are enough for me to prefer the recent offerings, as I previously posted. I had hoped an explanation behind a different opinion would clear your amazement that some might prefer the crest with 'Aston Villa' and the detailed gold lion to the Lerner era 'AVFC' yellow lion crest you posted.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, R.Bear said:

That yellow on light blue hurts my eyes. At large scale it's an eye sore. At small scale it's invisible.  Decent lion... Horrific badge.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, ferguson1 said:

If minimum is the way to go, that is what would have been OK.

• Thanks 1

Â