Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

6 minutes ago, abdomlahor said:

The biggest problem I have with the new one is how bad the spacing is, so it’ll still look very weird. Hopefully they can fix that.

I agree. The Aston Villa being off centre and more obvious due to the point of the shield. 

1 hour ago, Pongo Waring said:

Oh wow.... This is what you was all moaning about?

This looks great.

Is got a sort of regal/retro and vintage but.modern feel to it as well imo.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Is got a sort of regal/retro and vintage but.modern feel to it as well imo.

I’m going to use that wording as my tinder profile 😂

Edited by nick76
  • Haha 3

I think we should take a more modern approach and do away with the shield or circle 'container'. Love them or hate them the likes of spurs and juve have done this to powerful effect. We could also adopt a Liverpool approach, where they have a shield for their official club logo but use the liver bird on its own for the kit and most of the other marketing stuff. 

26 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

I think we should take a more modern approach and do away with the shield or circle 'container'. Love them or hate them the likes of spurs and juve have done this to powerful effect. We could also adopt a Liverpool approach, where they have a shield for their official club logo but use the liver bird on its own for the kit and most of the other marketing stuff. 

Juve? Hate what they’ve done. Lost all sign of heritage n prestige. Classless and “ultra modern”, not a fan.

Don’t tell me you want something like this 

spacer.png

Just now, Jas10 said:

Juve? Hate what they’ve done. Lost all sign of heritage n prestige. Classless and “ultra modern”, not a fan.

spacer.png

looks like an abstract elephant

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ferguson1 said:

I agree. The Aston Villa being off centre and more obvious due to the point of the shield. 

You cannot have the spacing being ASTON and VILLA central as the kerning and letter size for Aston is wider than Villa. It actually is central as ASTON VILLA to the width of the badge. If you had it central to the point it'd have more spacing on after Villa than before Aston. Designwise it is layed out correctly. Lee Haynes's idea of having it on two lines is the only way to solve that problem.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

spacer.png

Well it makes a big difference; the new badge looks shit for a multitude of reasons, but the big problem compared to the Lerner crest that the former is evolved from is putting the lion at the top and creating in balance. This new mock up has removed that issue, but we have no evidence the actual new badge will look like that.

21 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

spacer.png

In 50 - 100 years... That Juventus badge will be " Vintage " to new generations of fans.

This is one thing I don't understand why current fans refuse to understand.

Just like the uproar about moving stadiums and losing " soul " etc. 

To new fans and future fans... The new stadium's will be their " home " and representation of history.

All that will happen with clubs and fans who are way too stubborn to accept change is that they will get left behind and become relics.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

In 50 - 100 years... That Juventus badge will be " Vintage " to new generations of fans.

To new fans and future fans... The new stadium's will be their " home " and representation of history.

All that will happen with clubs and fans who are way too stubborn to accept change is that they will get left behind and become relics.

It’s just a J…

the old badge has so much class and appeal to it… history…

and it still works..

spacer.png

Oh well, different opinions…

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

There’s a way to “modernise” without completely foregoing and ignoring elements of the past and the history of the club…

wanting to hold on to to part of that or retain some of that… doesn’t make someone stubborn or a “relic”… most people are open to some change, as long as it’s not too radical and sacrificing too much… don’t see what’s wrong with that at all…

There is more than one way of looking at and approaching this kind of thing mate…

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

It’s just a J…

the old badge has so much class and appeal to it… history…

and it still works..

spacer.png

Oh well, different opinions…

I love their old badge as well.

Our fans wouldn't even like a badge like their old one and would probably say it looks MLS or Pro Evolution like lol.

That old one would probably be ace in claret and blue, with Juventus replaced with Aston Villa and the Lion where the horse is and star where the crown is  😎

My comment was more of a general one though, not necessarily about that or them in particular.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

31 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

You cannot have the spacing being ASTON and VILLA central as the kerning and letter size for Aston is wider than Villa. It actually is central as ASTON VILLA to the width of the badge. If you had it central to the point it'd have more spacing on after Villa than before Aston. Designwise it is layed out correctly. Lee Haynes's idea of having it on two lines is the only way to solve that problem.

Yes, i did know

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I love their old badge as well.

Our fans wouldn't even like a badge like their old one and would probably say it looks MLS or Pro Evolution like lol.

That old one would probably be ace in claret and blue, with Juice replaced with Aston Villa and the Lion where the horse is 😎

My comment was more of a general one though, not necessarily about that or them in particular.

Change for change’s sake is stupid as well…

just for the sake of digital and social media, complete online and ott bs

don’t forego and sacrifice the whole history and prestige of a club just to try n pander and be popular with the “new masses”

don’t hurt fan sentiment, people who have followed and even devoted their lives, decades to a club… it’s disrespectful…

There is a balance to be had…

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 2

Â