Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

36 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Yep the sheer lack of claret is mad when looking at either the Lerner badge or the new one. Basically all the other premier league badges you can instantly tell what colours they play in. Our primary badge colours are blue and yellow.

Yellow lion on claret background, claret lion on blue background, maybe even a blue lion on a claret background (maybe, less confident on that last one).

Yellow lion on blue is the worst option. And we’ve chosen it again.

This is sound, I am content with this (as I am with lots of other versions I’ve seen of this). My suspicion is that we wouldn’t evolve from this new badge to something like the one you’ve posted there quickly. When there’s talk of evolution of the badge on here, it comes across as it would be relatively glacial in speed.

Take that design with the old lion and then the only thing you're changing is shape of the Shield, and the order of the colour. You van leave the star and year, and thats fairly minor change.

The next evolution is the new lion, and potential removal of star or year, but sadly looks like the new lion is going to find itself consigned to the archives.

Whatever lion we pick now, has to be the one we are happy with, as that's the standalone component that identifies is and will be used "uncaged" in lots of places. With this in mind  it would be a shame to go back to the oldlion to save costs, when the new one is clearly better.

It was designed more recently from scratch by a professional design company rather than a rehashed version of what was originally a terrible lion. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

Ellis wanted to get rid of anything identified with our fantastic success before he was with us. That is how big his ego was and also how small-minded.

So he took the best part of a decade to replace the crest?

Hmmm

1 hour ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Well said. The yellow lion on blue had always been unpopular.  There was a big reaction against it in 2007, sort of pre social media.

That's why it feels like Heck has taken something we liked and rubbed our noses in something a lot of us don't like.

I still remember being in the changing room getting ready for a uni football game and someone sending me a picture message of the new badge. The whole team (no other villans) thought it was hilariously bad

The badge is shit but looking on the bright side:

-The unleashed version looks much much better. Hopefully this will be used a lot.

-The version with a detailed lion looks much better. Hopefully they will go back to the rubber badge with a detailed lion that was used previously with the Lion Shield.

-I pray that they release a version that has no text; just a (larger) lion, star and shield, for usage where the text would be unreadable (Twitter icons and the like). One of the fan mock ups included this and it looked quite natty. 

11 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

The badge is shit but looking on the bright side:

-The unleashed version looks much much better. Hopefully this will be used a lot.

-The version with a detailed lion looks much better. Hopefully they will go back to the rubber badge with a detailed lion that was used previously with the Lion Shield.

-I pray that they release a version that has no text; just a (larger) lion, star and shield, for usage where the text would be unreadable (Twitter icons and the like). One of the fan mock ups included this and it looked quite natty. 

What unleashed version?

9 minutes ago, est1874 said:

What unleashed version?

Sorry, that is also fan mock ups only at the moment, but seems very likely this will be a thing given how the current badge(s) are used. I may be wrong and the MS paint badge may be used for all situations 🥹

42 minutes ago, est1874 said:

What unleashed version?

31 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

Sorry, that is also fan mock ups only at the moment, but seems very likely this will be a thing given how the current badge(s) are used. I may be wrong and the MS paint badge may be used for all situations 🥹

This one has been registered and kind of looks OK...still unbalanced with all text at the bottom 

Screenshot_20240110_183417_Chrome.jpg.97b533414a802d8a9ed2f9bf39729b68.jpg

A detailed critique that outlines all of the faults and where and how improvements could be made… from a professional with 25 years experience and lifelong Villa fan…

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

A detailed critique that outlines all of the faults and where and how improvements could be made… from a professional with 25 years experience and lifelong Villa fan…

Love that

10 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Detailed thread worth looking at here…

Just came on to post this. Great explanation for a layman like me and he’s results are 1000’s times better than what the club has come up with.

4 hours ago, romavillan said:

something a bit more abstract but ROUND 😀

avfc.thumb.png.b5548b3fc94c89ed35888ae979a17a4a.png

1874 is a bit wonky but it was a rush job!

Says a lot about me but instantly thought of ladies underwear and pork chops 😝… Wpuld be up for us to depart from the rampart lion and go something more modern poss geometric done right …  

16 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I love that!

Â