Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

8 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Claret background but gold (using the AU1500 scheme) lion and lettering is clearly the best option:

newbadge.png

Of this shaped badge, I think this might be my favourite using a gold/yellow lion.  Needs a star, and the 1874 looks a bit small.  I prefer more claret and blue primary colour badges.  

I’m trying to accept this shape badge because I can’t see it changing now, but they need to do some major changes to the Heck one but if I had been told this was Heck’s and we had no choice of moving from the round badge then I wouldn’t have been angry.  Just the monstrosity that is Heck’s badge has brought the rage out…

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Claret background but gold (using the AU1500 scheme) lion and lettering is clearly the best option:

newbadge.png

I think this is the best I’ve seen actually… though I do prefer a vibrant claret…

👏

Wish the club would take a look…

rather than the abomination they have come up with…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, nick76 said:

Of this shaped badge, I think this might be my favourite using a gold/yellow lion.  Needs a star, and the 1874 looks a bit small.  I prefer more claret and blue primary colour badges.  

I’m trying to accept this shape badge because I can’t see it changing now, but they need to do some major changes to the Heck one but if I had been told this was Heck’s and we had no choice of moving from the round badge then I wouldn’t have been angry.  Just the monstrosity that is Heck’s badge has brought the rage out…

I would have been delighted if this actually was the badge they were going to reveal…

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

newbadge.png

Share it online/social media mate… hopefully it gets some attention and exposure…

this what we should have got…

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, useless said:

The actual new badge, if it really is that, looks way better than some of these fan made proposals that people are coming up with, the club would never use those in a million years, too flat and dour looking, like a beer mat or something - no offence I've only drawn one good picture in my whole life. Often with great designs, or with any great work of art, it's true brilliance doesn't reveal itself at first, especially not to people who don't have good taste, and the same might be true of so called  new Villa crest, with time I bet more people grow to like it

I've got to admit, when it's put next to some of the other badges, it's the one which catches my eye 👀.

Probably due to it being brighter etc OBS.

This is why again, if that is it, I want to see the full branding and implementation guidelines/samples.

• Like 2

The other badges are good efforts in of themself, and a beautiful hobby for people to have, the club should do a collage of them and say thank you for trying to help Villans, we really appreciate it and maybe reward some of our creative souls with a chance to design the match day program or something like that.

Edited by useless

6 minutes ago, useless said:

The actual new badge, if it really is that, looks way better than some of these fan made proposals that people are coming up with, the club would never use those in a million years, too flat and dour looking, like a beer mat or something - no offence I've only drawn one good picture in my whole life. Often with great designs, or with any great work of art, it's true brilliance doesn't reveal itself at first, especially not to people who don't have good taste, and the same might be true of so called  new Villa crest, with time I bet more people grow to like it

The Heck one of the worst out of all the ones presented along with fans versions over the last few days.  

Actually I can’t think of a worse one…that yellow on the blue still makes it hard to see, the poor choice of lion, the poor shadow effect, the unbalance of putting the lettering at the bottom….

Probably more reasons but it’s awful.  

A beer mat design would still be better than that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

In fairness, I think we agree that, this colour scheme would work.

Although @NurembergVillan did point out that it may simply blend into our home shirts.

The yellow is way too faint, IMO. 

16 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

In fairness, I think we agree that, this colour scheme would work.

Although @NurembergVillan did point out that it may simply blend into our home shirts.

As I posted earlier, I think we should go back to our 1982 colours, vibrant… not dull.

It was our best ever period, that’s where we should take inspiration from…

Vibrant claret, blue and a smart shade/trim of gold (not yellow).

Edited by Jas10

10 minutes ago, maqroll said:

The yellow is way too faint, IMO. 

It seems all the " yellows " and " golds " presented are " faint ". However I've started thinking that's just because it's the " raw " colour files or something.

I personally prefer a more gold, GOLD.

I was more meaning having Claret as the background, with gold secondary and blue third ( joint second ) etc 

1 hour ago, useless said:

They should just release a badge and say this is the badge now please shut up about it and we're no more going to use one of your fantastic fan made designs than we would use a fan made design for the Villa Park rebuild

Heck cancelled the redevelopment too!!!

1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

newbadge.png

Now that is the best badge yet. Everything perfect for me, bet you don’t charge as much as Heck’s kid either.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

newbadge.png

It's genuinely embarrassing how easily and significantly this improves it, and it doesn't even have to use a single asset or colour scheme that the club haven't already used.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, useless said:

Plenty of the fan efforts are rough drafts of concepts, of course they're lacking a professional polish.

I think it's fair to say that the Heck abomination has little brilliance - revealed, or unrevealed - and we'll be glad to see the back of it, and him, in a few years.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

newbadge.png

Try Aston Villa in blue, then you have a bit of consistency with the year and the border.

Edit:  this one is tantalisingly close if we’re going with a shield. 

Edited by Stephen_Evans
  • Like 1

Â