Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

1 minute ago, avfc1982am said:

Oh dear.... Is bad press good press. I think not in this instance. 

It does appear the club misunderstood the fanaticism of our fanbase to seek and reveal whatever they try to do. 

11 Villa shirts hanging on a washing line and all that!

2 hours ago, wishywashy said:

Matt Maher has confirmed that it was (Presumably told by someone from the FAB who wouldn't directly want to say it)

The badge that has been leaked is the club's intended choice without a doubt. They are due to announce the new crest in the next couple of weeks and there is no way that they would trademark a badge that they didn't intend to use and at the same time decide not to trademark their preferred design. There is only one badge trademarked and the drop shadow lion is it. 

14 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

It does appear the club misunderstood the fanaticism of our fanbase to seek and reveal whatever they try to do. 

That wouldn’t matter if the revealed badge was good, not an utter pile of poo.

2 minutes ago, ender4 said:

That wouldn’t matter if the revealed badge was good, not an utter pile of poo.

I’m not sure it would matter if the revealed badge was bad to be honest. People would be a bit pissed off but that’s it. 

The problem is it’s worse than bad. It’s not just a bad idea but well executed, it’s a bad idea extremely poorly executed. 

Honestkly my biggest issue with it isn’t the design, it’s how unprofessional it looks. It honestly looks like it’s been done on Paint

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jimmyg said:

Ok... Right.... I'm gonna say it....

The new badge is growing on me and I quite like it..... 

*Runs for cover*

Me and you Jimmy! It needs a better lion and no shadow, but it's actually pretty good.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I’m not sure it would matter if the revealed badge was bad to be honest. People would be a bit pissed off but that’s it. 

The problem is it’s worse than bad. It’s not just a bad idea but well executed, it’s a bad idea extremely poorly executed. 

Honestkly my biggest issue with it isn’t the design, it’s how unprofessional it looks. It honestly looks like it’s been done on Paint

It's probably worth us all remembering that we've seen a low resolution jpg from the patent office website, the version we see may well look less shit (although the drop shadow will still be there of course)

• Like 1

I have shown the "new" badge to a few neutrals at work etc and all of them have said pretty much "yeah it's alright".. with a couple of my villa fans friends saying the same who are regulars but wouldn't know what a message board is let alone post on one. Some of them didn't even know about the proposed change but could probably tell you every goal scorer for the last 30 years. 

Generally I think, if you post on a message board and get involve with online debates you are probably a more invested fan in these kind of matters but doesn't make you better or hardened. There are thousands that will think this is nice, thousands that don't give a toss but the ones that will get heard are the thousands on these boards who will represent the fan base cause that's the world we live in

I know plenty that didn't get the chance to vote on the last badge cause they dont follow everything on villa socials. Don't look at emails etc. Doesn't make it right how the club have handled it..... I just find it interesting cause I like design and branding.. most of the lads I go with don't give a toss and will go and buy merch whatever. 

From the few people I've shown (in my family OK, yeh) the consensus was the new badge is best, but the lion needs to be the new lion.

To go all over this again…

sticking with a yellow lion on a pale blue background is madness… there is no logic there.

The shadow is pathetic and lazy too… it will either have no effect or not be “producable” (or look idiotic) on actual material/cloth…it really is laughable and shameful.

The “leaked badge” barely warrants being called a “new badge” - it is the laziest, lowest effort, most uninspired shite possible… it’s worse than the original version that’s been so mildly altered. It’s so weak and pathetic.

At least that old one had a bit of vibrant claret in it instead of this dark crap with a white(?!) line through it…

After all this time, fuss and expense… is this really what we are ending up with?😂 Why bother at all? Seriously…

As limiting as the previous survey was, at least we ended up with a crest that was different and solved the contrast issue (turning the lion the other way was stupid though and will never look correct or suitable, imo).

Honestly, what the hell is the point of this? Just cancel everything and stick with the first one! What a complete and utter waste of time…

spacer.png
And why stick ASTON VILLA at the bottom? Looks like another lazy afterthought…

It’s so stupid and embarrassing… shocking really.  

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 2

Flipping hell… the round badge is just made to look better and better… and I was never it’s biggest fan in the first place…

I’m utterly astounded if we really intend to stick with the yellow on blue… what the hell is going on? 😂

I honestly never expected them to come out with anything like this…

It’s kind of funny, absurd and surreal…

but… if this is going to be seen and represent us everywhere, in all media, our shirts and club merchandise… wow, that is going to look bad… and that stuff is going to lose it’s appeal…

Edited by Jas10

In fairness, when I see the three lined up, it's definitely better than the Lerner badge.

From afar, the " dropshadow " definitely makes the yellow lion a bit more tolerable and defined.

Also, hear me out, but I've just realised that the " yellow " actually stands out in the social media profiles.

Although, I'd much prefer the gold/yellow against claret.

I wonder if a part of the thinking is differentiating ourselves form the other " Claret and Blue " clubs substantially?

I really hope this isn't growing on me 😂.

It might partially be that I'm now in the " acceptance " stage of initial grief.

Since it's looking like that is it, I want to see the full branding lineup, and will be hoping the Monochrome is what is used most the time.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

In fairness, when I see the three lined up, it's definitely better than the Lerner badge.

From afar, the " dropshadow " definitely makes the yellow a bit more tolerant.

Also, here me out, but I've just realised that the " yellow " actually stands out in the social media profiles.

Although, I'd much prefer the gold/yellow in claret.

It might partially be that I'm now in the " acceptance " stage of initial grief.

Sinc eit spooking like that is it, I want to see the full branding lineup, and will be hoping the Monochrome is what is used most the time.

spacer.png

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

spacer.png

Hopefully less so when you remember how fickle I am and that my posts are likely to be totally different tomorrow 😂

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

From afar, the " dropshadow " definitely makes the yellow lion a bit more tolerable and defined.

Also, here me out, but I've just realised that the " yellow " actually stands out in the social media profiles.

Although, I'd much prefer the gold/yellow in claret.

I wonder if a part of the thinking is differentiating ourselves form the other " Claret and Blue " clubs substantially?

Sinc eit spooking like that is it, I want to see the full branding lineup, and will be hoping the Monochrome is what is used most the time.

Yeah I agree....

I just seen them lined up and thought.. you know what... I quite like it. 

The mono looks tidy imo.

Screenshot_2024-01-03-18-47-11-05_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg

• Like 3

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Hopefully less so when you remember how fickle I am and that my posts are likely to be totally different tomorrow 😂

Yellow on blue yellow on blue yellow on blue yellow on blue yellow on blue yellow on blue yellow on blue yellow on blue yellow on blue yellow on blue yellow on blue yellow on blue yellow on blue yellow on blue yellow on blue yellow on blue yellow on blue yellow on…

AAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!

spacer.png

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

Yellow on blue yellow on blue yellow on blue yellow on blue yellow on blue yellow on blue yellow on blue yellow on blue yellow on blue yellow on blue yellow on blue yellow on blue yellow on blue yellow on blue yellow on blue yellow on blue yellow on blue yellow on…

AAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!

spacer.png

At least I've been consistent with liking the monochrome versions?

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

At least I've been consistent with liking the monochrome versions?

If this is it… we won’t have a monochrome badge in the main. It’ll just be used in variations and it’s still a bit shit and lazy with ASTON VILLA and 1874 bunged at the bottom…

We will continue to be stuck with a yellow blob on blue whenever we see our club represented anywhere, on tv, online, on merch, on stores, anround the stadium etc. etc.

I’m not having a go at you mate, just messing around and joking. But you have been one of the main or consistent critics of the yellow and blue scheme and you were spot on about it… I just can’t get my head around this… sticking with that absurd shite…

The design is horrendous but what’s bothering me most of all is just how lazy a pointless it is… that’s the worst thing of all for me. The lack of effort and change… it’s kind of hilarious…

After, what? 2 years? of this fuss, nonsense and expense… is this really what we are going to end up with?

And we are going to cancel and ditch a design that was professionally and expensively produced  and voted on for… this lazy shit?

it is kind of infuriating but most of all really, really stupid…

I’m just in shock really… I expected so much more and better…

Hoping, somehow, that this isn’t going to be our badge and a different/better version is going to be released/announced but I feel like I’m just fooling myself or resorting to denial…

Can’t believe how tired n lazy this is… I’m really underwhelmed and disappointed that the club (and whoever is responsible, mainly Heck) would make a decision like this…

Wowee…

Â