Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

22 minutes ago, pichichi said:

Taken from a post on Reddit. Infinitely better than the rubbish effort proposed by Heck.

Image 1.png

These are lovely...  The last one especially. 

• Like 2

The proposed new badge adds nothing to what most thought about the current/old/relaunched/whatever it is now, crest.  The vast majority of fans thought it had to much blue and gold and not enough claret. And this what is the same apart from a border and putting in Aston Villa instead of AVFC. I most have seen dozens of fan designed ones which are far better.

9 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

Heck has just released his Crest V2.0……. at least it’s an upgrade!

13502665-f2cf-4339-8488-7de5529e7d9f.jpeg

It’s the uniqueness people wanted and stand-alone from a crest or badge.  Fills the requirement….let’s do it, and at least everybody will know it’s us.

15 minutes ago, est1874 said:

These are lovely...  The last one especially. 

Great thing about these is they are interchangeable or adaptable to whatever platform or media they are going on. They're very flexible. We want to do a special one off kit for 150 years? remove the shield. Want to put the badge on the outside of Villa Live building can use the full badge or the one without the shield. It's classy and unique, modern and flexible. None of these can be said for the new/leaked version.

3 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

Thank you. I know I could have googled it, but surely that is my point. It is not immediately obvious who they are.

Sampdoria I’ll give you, but the Galatasary badge is extremely recognisable. That ones on you

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Sampdoria I’ll give you, but the Galatasary badge is extremely recognisable. That ones on you

The problem here is that you expect me to have better knowledge of football than I actually have. 😀

49 minutes ago, pichichi said:

Taken from a post on Reddit. Infinitely better than the rubbish effort proposed by Heck.

Image 1.png

They’re better, esp the last one 

but… where has all this emphasis on “white” come from?

It’s not really one of our colours and we just don’t need it…

I don’t understand the inclusion of it in the border of this “leaked design” either… just pointless and completely unnecessary…

Claret, blue, gold… no need for anything else…

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I don’t understand the inclusion of it in the border of this “leaked design” either… just pointless and completely unnecessary…

The badge will be going on alsorts of things. For example the outside of the new north stand. The renders showed the two tone badge. Cheaper to make a massive Villa badge in just two colours that can be put on the side of a building, than putting the full claret and blue version. Easier to maintain, no need to re-paint or clean the badge when the weather or elements get to it and fade the colours etc. Sounds stupid I know but it's good to have the options these days. Take the current training gear, not the full claret and blue badge. That will be cheaper to print and therefore can maximise profits on the sales of the shirt.

17 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I knew both.

People on here have said Wolves is the best badge in the premier league. It's not and this is a good example of why.

Outside of England (or Portugal a few years ago tee-hee), or indeed outside of people with reasonable football knowledge, why would anyone look at the Wolves badge and know what club that is? It doesn't even look like a wolf. It looks like it could be a hieroglyph-style jackal or dog, or a Batman cowl symbol in the top half with a strange codpiece sticking out the bottom.

17 minutes ago, est1874 said:

I knew both.

People on here have said Wolves is the best badge in the premier league. It's not and this is a good example of why.

Outside of England (or Portugal a few years ago tee-hee), or indeed outside of people with reasonable football knowledge, why would anyone look at the Wolves badge and know what club that is? It doesn't even look like a wolf. It looks like it could be a hieroglyph-style jackal or dog, or a Batman cowl symbol in the top half with a strange codpiece sticking out the bottom.

It does stand out and is recognisable but..

it also looks like something a high school student has done with a pen and ruler in a design & technology class…

all straight lines and ugly colours…

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

Crikey....if the Stand takes as long as the badge....I'll be dead, before I see any of them.

Don't worry, once they build the stand they will knock it down after a season and build back the old stand. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

Crikey....if the Stand takes as long as the badge....I'll be dead, before I see any of them.

Sod it… just enjoy the Unai era my friend and the football we are playing…

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I rather like the one on the far right.

Having said that....I have always favoured just a simply icon, representing Villa, not necessarily spelling is out.....Like Nike,with the "tick" or Wolves with just the Wolfs head....unfussy.

I don't want a brand/ badge  to be too busy....just simple and concise, and one, the mass population, will know, its Villa.

5 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Sod it… just enjoy the Unai era my friend and the football we are playing…

I am.

Â