Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

5 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

How do the club pay so much and end up with incompetence when there are countless Villa fans producing much better stuff out there…

Just minor tweaks like above makes it so much better.  If we have to stick with this design, then ditch the yellow, make lion claret because after all we are claret and blue not yellow and blue.  Then put the words above.  That top left one is much much better than the one leaked.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Just minor tweaks like above makes it so much better.  If we have to stick with this design, then ditch the yellow, make lion claret because after all we are claret and blue not yellow and blue.  Then put the words above.  That top left one is much much better than the one leaked.

That is a lot of tweaking! Which speaks to how crap this is

This is the simplified one from 2015:

If they wanted the words 'Aston Villa' in they could have just changed the AVFC at the top, and there we go, job done in about 30 seconds.

Also, yet another completely avoidable amateurish way of going about things. Saying you're going to reveal the crest in a few weeks then letting somebody find the designs on the trademark website. Heck hasn't got the first clue how to do anything properly, I think he's actually the George Weah's cousin of the marketing world. Apparently at Southampton they used to stand around scratching their heads watching the fake player in training, well it's exactly how I feel watching Heck in action. Sooner or later they're going to do a Scooby Doo reveal and work out he's really a used car salesmen from some small town off the interstate in Iowa. He's making it up as he goes along and wondering how long he's got until somebody works him out.

Screenshot 2024-01-03 at 19.56.12.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Captain_Townsend said:

That is a lot of tweaking! Which speaks to how crap this is

Trying my best mate, if we are stuck with it, just trying to get the best we can.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mrchnry said:

This is so much better 

GC8WDI2XIAE11UW.jpeg

Have to agree … even though I don’t mind our name being on the bottom of the rumoured design … 

• Like 1

So Heck will allow this badge some time to see how we react, like with the round one that even those of us who didn’t like it have come to kind of like in light of our success right? Right??

My first impressions

Like: Aston Villa

Dislike: Pretty much everything else

Appalled by: The dropshadow that looks amateur as hell and will age horribly. 

I'm not convinced it's an improvement on the Lerner badge at all. I was never an advocate for the round badge, but we've taken two steps back here, absolute shocker.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

What the hell is that colour for the outer shield? Is it supposed to be claret? Or is it..

IMG_2930.png.f6a49ce46a0a0334fb36dbc649183cff.png

A very dark blue. 

Johnny......

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Have to agree … even though I don’t mind our name being on the bottom of the rumoured design … 

That's miles better.

The colours work, it's properly spaced out, and the fonts are decent and consistent. if Villa fans can churn this stuff out in half an hour why do the club always make such a balls up of it?

• Like 2

Just now, Risso said:

The colours work, it's properly spaced out, and the fonts are decent and consistent. if Villa fans can churn this stuff out in half an hour why do the club always make such a balls up of it?

We will never all be satisfied, we all have such different views for what makes a good badge, and that's fine, you can disagree on matters of taste. But how do they keep releasing badges that look like completely amateur design? You're absolutely spot on that even if some of these fan made badges aren't to our tastes, plenty of them just look better put together.

I'm loathe to be too judgemental of Heck in general as I don't know what he's doing day in, day out, but so far from what he's publicly been involved with, he **** up everything he touches.

• Like 3

Â