Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

16 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Would love something like that. Bold, distinctive and would be unique compared to the other badges.

The lion in a simple shield… rather than a round or generic crest/badge like others have… nothing like any other club’s. Would stand out and look distinguished.

To the point and iconic, just get the colours right 😆

Nothing overly fussy or complex.

On a claret shirt… it could just be blue background with gold lion.

On a blue/away shirt, claret background…

A gold lion just looks so good…

I agree Jas.

Myself & @TheAuthority were just saying this in the ScotlandvEngland thread.

If done in the right shade of claret & Blue, we could have a cracking shirt.

• Like 2

The simplicity of that Scotland shirt is beautiful, and would work for a Villa kit too.  The standalone rampant lion would be better than the current mash up imo. But the most important thing is to get our colours right. Why haven’t we got a brand palette for our claret and blue? Most companies have brand guidelines, RGB and Hex codes so people don’t get the colour wrong. It’s such an identifiable part of identity, and nobody knows what it should be. I know it’s been discussed before but it still irritates me every time I think about it. 

The issue we’ve got is deciding on the exact shades of claret and blue. It would probably go to a survey, and then someone at the club would choose a shade that nobody likes or at best splits opinion. It’s just a mess really. 

• Like 3

On 23/06/2023 at 11:21, Feidhlim said:

IMO, Heck wants a consistent and easily identifiable brand. 

I don't think anyone around him is convinced the new crest is it.

It's clear to me Heck will not like the idea of two badges, that's for sure. So more to come on this. He is planning for the next 20 years and won't be making any sweeping changes until he is sure it's the best way forward. So I completely understand the soft launch and not (potentially) wasting money on updating crest around the stadium and digital. 

The brand isn't just about a crest either, so I'm expecting lots of tributes to our history, more community events, more events that include non-football related stars.

He is obviously very good at what he does. Without a doubt. 

I suggest you watch the link but you're obviously welcome to be critical of the launch. We have an insight to this guy's mindset and what I've seen makes me excited for AVFC. 

Its my opinion too.

I look at the tick for Nike, and the Wolfs Head as the Wolves offering....Luke has the Lion, and we all recognise that....Ralph Lauren has the Polo Player.

A strong image doesn't need any wording.....it says it all for you.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Jas10 said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Very handsome shirt, and very understated branding by Adidas. No sponsor helps as well. The circle around the shield is a little unusual. I don't particularly like it, but don't hate it either. Just the shield wouldve been enough.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, maqroll said:

A different version of this could be cool if you lose the crown, change the posture of the lion, and change the entire artistic style of the lion and ball.

premier league lofo trademark Archives - Logo Sign - Logos, Signs ...

So just change the whole thing, yeah? 😂

12 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Very handsome shirt, and very understated branding by Adidas. No sponsor helps as well. The circle around the shield is a little unusual. I don't particularly like it, but don't hate it either. Just the shield wouldve been enough.

Well the circle is barely visible on there and not needed, just a Scotland thing. Just the shield with gold lion would be fine.

I wish we would just stick to what we wanted to do rather than ditch it because it isn't  like all the other 'in things' of this moment (which will probably be out of fashion by the time we implement it).

Nothing screams self confidence in our brand like chicken ingredients out of our approved new design, going with two different badges for a season, and on top of that experimenting with stand alone lions that look different again.*

So much to be positive about but this is a mess.

*obviously being sarcastic about it screaming self confidence 

14 hours ago, Daveburnside said:

The rampant lion is about as generic as it gets.

I hope they can be a bit more creative than that. Its this years "get the round badge back!"

I agree. If they do use a stand alone lion, they should include an old fashioned football.

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I might as well support another club as that looks nothing like a lion in our history.  It will feel like a supporting another club.

Its not "villa"

It doesn't have to look exactly like this. But this is the general idea. Lion with old timey football.

1 minute ago, maqroll said:

It doesn't have to look exactly like this. But this is the general idea. Lion with old timey football.

Yeah i get it but i just think uts noy aston villa.

We need to keep elements of identity 

I do feel the lion should be gold though. Dont like it in claret

Gold is fine. Bright yellow is not.

Problem is that both don't really work on a pale blue background. So we either have to abandon the powder blue and move to a darker one (I'd be fine with this),  or have something to sit behind a standalone lion of we have light blue away shirts

Â