Tyler Adams

Wes

24 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

So we were considering him as a backup/rotation option, and Chelsea are after him as a starter. 

LoL. How the tables have turned.

Chelsea has no strategy other than buy everyone and hope the league allows “multi ball” like an old school pinball machine. 

Why are we not moving for him? The fsct Dendoncker is injured? Or we need our finances for Zaniolo after Buendias injury.

If Chelsea and Brighton are after him he's clearly a quality player. You don't see them bid for Dendoncker do you

27 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Why are we not moving for him? The fsct Dendoncker is injured? Or we need our finances for Zaniolo after Buendias injury.

If Chelsea and Brighton are after him he's clearly a quality player. You don't see them bid for Dendoncker do you

Considering we have Kamara, Luiz, Tielemans, Dendoncker and McGinn that can play there it's probably not a priority. Maybe if Donk leaves?

55 minutes ago, villan95 said:

Considering we have Kamara, Luiz, Tielemans, Dendoncker and McGinn that can play there it's probably not a priority. Maybe if Donk leaves?

Yeah was Adams as a replacement for Dendoncker was my thinking. So if he is injured and can't get a move now because of it then we won't move for Adams

• Like 1

Two things about Adams -

1) He won’t give up during a game like Kamara did. Kamara may be the more classy player but sometimes you need a player willing to rough it up and just be incessantly annoying. Newcastle did what I thought they were going to do at VP last year and took advantage of what still remains a “nice” team 

2) With Buendia gone, we need someone to be the annoying little shit on the team and Adams can do that

A week ago, I thought this transfer made no sense. Now? A lot of upside here. 

Edited by DJBOB
  • Like 2

On 12/08/2023 at 19:57, DJBOB said:

So how much is that release clause again?

£20m but it was timed, it doesn't last all window, it would have ended at some point.

It appears a few clubs (maybe us included) have had him as a backup option and because they know the clause haven't pulled the trigger until they really need to.

Either as a backup to their own first choice Transfer for the summer or incase their current player gets moved on in this current insane DM merry-go-round.

12 hours ago, thabucks said:

We could’ve done with his high intensity pressing against the toon for sure. Zubimendi Would be my first choice but Adams is more realistic. 

I doubt he would have been any use on Saturday as he hasnt played since March and needs match fitness

1 minute ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

Dendoncker > Adams

Why is our Belgian international, strong, solid defensive midfielder so underated by people here. When he is fit he will be a great person to bring in when Kamara is not on the pace. We do not need to replace him.

I think the replacing him bit is more to do with if Dendoncker wants to leave for first team football.

Â