Premier League 2 - U21 Development League 2023/2024

BOF

Lasted longer than the 12 minutes after the linesman pulled a muscle, but the ref disappointingly blew up four seconds short of the second half lasting an hour.

We showed some real spirit and determination, defensively especially, and the midfield worked their socks off - a good win.

• Like 1

Good win and a decent performance. Everton's threat came mostly from set pieces but otherwise we limited them to few chances. Our build up play looked crisp at times but we could make more of our attacking situations with better decision making in the final third.

Motm Jimoh-Aloba - looks a bit like Jacob Ramsey at times with his drives forward from midfield and ability to pick out teammates in the box. Kellyman looks a class act too. His finish after rounding the keeper was great - lifting it out of the reach of the defender rather than trying to roll it in.

12 mins of injury time was weird and Wright may have been lucky not to get a red, although Katsukunya was being fouled in the build up to that.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Is that kadan young back? 

Yeah he came on against Everton the other day too.

• Like 1

Missed the first twenty minutes. We shaded the first half, creating a few half chances, but weren't able to take any. Moving Patterson forward and Jimoh into the middle at half time made a big difference and Middlesbrough were unable to cope with them. They seemed to struggle with our physicality in general, and it was noticable how much bigger and more athletic our players were than theirs.

Jimoh and Patterson (Motm) were both excellent, as was Triston Rowe and the two lads in centre midfield.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AndyClarke said:

Jimoh is quality, Katsukunya didn't put a foot wrong. First time I've seen this pair in action.

I missed tonight's game - but in the last couple, Katsukunya has really impressed me - he looks a real prospect.

For the second time in a week, Villa put out their youngest U21 league team of the season, and for the second time in a week they win a game.  We're now just inside the playoff places, but we do have games in hand over most teams above us.

Boro result and stats updated.

• Thanks 3

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

wow, we have a smog problem.

I think we have a camera problem - when they go pitchside you can see there's no mist at all.

They just don't seem to be able to deal with the glare from the lights.

Â