Premier League 2 - U21 Development League 2023/2024

BOF

On 26/08/2023 at 13:28, tommytenjobs said:

Thank you. Not heard much about him. Any info on where he's come from, do people rate him etcetera. Cheers. UTV. 

If you get a partime job....you could be a James Bond Star.......Tommy Odd jobs.

I'll get my coat.......

interesting that O'Reilly is back after being at the Real Union game with Feeney, thought he might be going there on loan also?

Feeney not in the lineup so he seems to be off to spain.

Any ideas where Bogarde might be off too?

Anyone else missing from that list who seems to be off on loan?

If we've got a bunch of first year scholars deemed good enough to be playing a couple of ages up for the U21s and we're doing so because we think it's much more beneficial to their development than them playing against players their own age, then that's a much better sign for how well the academy is doing than the actual results, would rather have a team full of the likes of Proctor, Triston Rowe, Borland, Jimoh, Broggio, and others eventually, getting development time at this level even they lose games, than winning games with older players who we know are going to be released eventually, or are pretty good but shouldn't really be playing at this level any more

Our team than won the FA Youth Cup was basically our U21 team that season, and most of them were first year scholars, results were inconsistent because they were playing a couple of ages up, but you knew we were onto something promising with those players, and bettr to give them tougher games for the sake of their developmet, even it cost us some results, and so it proved as we got the likes of Marschall, Revan, Bogarde, Chrisene, Kesler-Hayden, Aaron Ramsey, Chukwuemeka, and Barry from that group, that's six players playing in the top two divisions, if Barry had have stayed fit he might have got that move next season, and it's differnt for goalkeepers as they play such an important position, but Marscahll is doing well to have a loan in the football league, most his age to drop to non-league

Of course it's still nice to win games though, but i'm sure once everyone has gone on loan, the current group will still win some, but some results like today to be expected

• Like 2

Friday could see an interesting line-up, as I imagine a lot, if not most, of the better U18s will be kept back for the U18s the next day who have quarter-final game against Crystal Palace

21 hours ago, TRO said:

If you get a partime job....you could be a James Bond Star.......Tommy Odd jobs.

I'll get my coat.......

Hey @TRO. First time I've heard that one actually. Not bad. It's an old work nickname, where I used to pick up all the things noone else would  .... so pretty accurate!! 😃

3 hours ago, tommytenjobs said:

Hey @TRO. First time I've heard that one actually. Not bad. It's an old work nickname, where I used to pick up all the things noone else would  .... so pretty accurate!! 😃

Like Dougie Luiz.😃

Edited by TRO

Weekend's stats updated.

Katsukunya finds his way into the u21 league squad for the 1st time and actually starts a game. This was our youngest first 11 of the season, so with that in mind I think we can say they did very well away to the best team in the division.

Next we have our little run of 3 home fixtures.

This Friday home to Swansea in the Premier League Cup.
Then next Friday home to 22nd placed Everton in the league.
Finally we host Middlesbrough the Friday after that.

All Bodymoor and all 7pm kickoffs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Anyone who successfully predicts tonights starting eleven deserves to be lauded like a king.

James thingymejiggy

Rowe OReilly Timson, Ealing

Borland, Alcock, Simpson

JImoh, Kellyman

Wilson

1000/1 shot

• Like 1