Premier League 2 - U21 Development League 2023/2024

BOF

Oh my word, scored another!

For those not following my ramblings, 0-1 to Villa at half time.

Spurs scored after 71 then 76 minutes to go 2-1 up. We equalise after 83 minutes only for Spurs to go 3-2 up after 91 minutes. Villa with the 93rd minute equaliser to make it 3-3 :D 

Hell of an effort - 4-3 defeat in added time with Finley Monroe sent off ten minutes for time for diving and a dubious decision to allow the winning goal.

Against the best team in the league, to take them that far and lose to a couple of contentious decisions is really unfortunate, the team did brilliantly and can look forward to a final coming up at Villa Park.

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Hell of an effort - 4-3 defeat in added time with Finley Monroe sent off ten minutes for time for diving and a dubious decision to allow the winning goal.

Against the best team in the league, to take them that far and lose to a couple of contentious decisions is really unfortunate, the team did brilliantly and can look forward to a final coming up at Villa Park.

Must have typed at the very same second

• Like 1

Just the one to go with next week's Senior Cup Final - be nice to get a decent crowd and make an occasion of it.

One note on this, I saw a bit of criticism of the club for the tickets being a tenner - probably worth noting that those prices were set by the FA not Aston Villa.

It'll be really interesting watching this young team that's developed and come together over the course of the season play n a minor tournament against an adult side for whom,  weirdly, this will probably be the biggest game of their lives.

Be great to see a win.

• Thanks 2

There should probably be a trophy for @BOF too - thanks again for another season of keeping this thread up to date and providing the best place anywhere to check on our U21 results, fixtures and performances.

Perhaps get yourself a little drink.

• Like 2

He was in our U16s, but I think left us a while ago, not sure if he was released or turned down a scholarship knowign he had an offer from Manchester United. Rodrigo Fortes, and Ted Bloomsfield seemed to be ahead of him

Quarter finals
Arsenal(5)    2-3 Chelsea(4)
Reading(6)    3-1 Notts Forest(14)
Tottenham(1)  3-3 Liverpool(8)  (Spurs win 5-4 on pens)
Sunderland(7) 3-3 West Ham(2)   (Sunderland win 5-3 on pens)

Semi-finals
Tottenham(1) v Chelsea(4)
Reading(6) and Sunderland(7) semi details TBC

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Is the video working? Still seeing "Available Soon" message.

Click on matches then U21's and you'll see it in the match centre.

They changed the "Available soon" to the Palace game as it ticked down without telling anyone.

I think sometimes a good indicator of the success of a youth system is how the players develop over the course of a season -- for us, I think you can really see that in tonight's two full backs, they started the season as kids and have finished it as young men - both have really pushed on this term and are showing it tonight. Young and Jimoh-Aloba have showed they're doing the same in recent weeks too.