Premier League 2 - U21 Development League 2023/2024

BOF

4-0 - a mile offside and a generous scoreline, but no doubting that Chelsea were the better side. We put in plenty of positives and looked a lot better after the changes.

That was one of the strangest 4-0 games I've seen, in general play there wasn't much difference between the two sides, they just took their chances, on another day we could have had three or four ourselves, we did well to create the chances we did have, as they defended very well, to the point where if we were going to score it was going to have to come from some brilliant play from us, which we came close to on a few occassions but their keeper made some good saves

I thought the usual suspects Triston Rowe, Patterson, Jimoh-Aloba, Borland, and Young all had good games, Kellyman quieter than usual, but maybe playing at half pace knowing he's probably going to be involved with the first team on Thursday

Where Chelsea won it was essentially being better than us in both boxes on the day, they paid seventeen million for Washington and Richards is a full Jamaican international and tipped to be the best player to come out of that country since Bailey, so no wonder they were strong in attack

9 hours ago, AndyClarke said:

Best performance I have seen from Kadan Young, he often flatters to deceive but looked strong on the ball and had an end product.

Agreed, I thought Kadan was the standout player for us. Both full backs looked good again and I thought Bogarde made a difference when he moved forward in the second half. 

4-0 defeat and other results updated. Starting to look a little ominous now. Not that the Chelsea result was unexpected against 4th in the league. Next up is a trip to Arsenal, where I'd be amazed if we got anything. Then it's the 3 must-win (easier) games to finish out the season against Forest, Norwich & Newcastle.

On 02/04/2024 at 18:55, Noel said:

The Birmingham Senior Cup Semi-Final is against Coventry City and will be played at Villa Park on Friday 12th April with a 7pm kick off.

£5 entry for Adults.

I’m going to this later. Looking forward to it. 
Going with my Cov supporting mate (say it quietly) so will be interesting to see both young teams.

Question for people who regularly go to games like this, any suggestion for parking? I usually park near the Barton Arms but with a much much smaller crowd I won’t need to do that. So any suggestions for street parking closer to the ground that will be easily accessible for a game like this?

• Like 1

Full league programme happening over this weekend.

f343fed5ab90d1bdbee520b0832a06d4.png

We'll probably be fed up of Arsenal by Tuesday.

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Going with my Cov supporting mate (say it quietly) so will be interesting to see both young teams.

Question for people who regularly go to games like this, any suggestion for parking? I usually park near the Barton Arms but with a much much smaller crowd I won’t need to do that. So any suggestions for street parking closer to the ground that will be easily accessible for a game like this?

I am hoping to park in Trinity Road tonight Stevo.  You can normally park very close depending on the size of the crowd.  Certainly somewhere like Whitehead Rd will have plenty of parking places.  Hope your mate has a disappointing evening (no offence)

• Thanks 1

I have just had a look at the ticket sales for tonight.  We have B5 in the Trinity and Coventry have B3.  As far as I can make out we have sold about 450 so far.

Coventry look to have nearly sold out B3 so currently will outnumber us.  

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

You can often park on the North Stand car park for these games - if not, you should be able to park on Station Road, you may even be able to park on WItton Lane or Trinity Road - whichever it is, you should be able to park within a stones throw of Villa Park tonight.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

you should be able to park within a stones throw of Villa Park tonight.

Ah yes. The Warsaw fans really took that instruction to heart didn't they?

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

You can often park on the North Stand car park for these games - if not, you should be able to park on Station Road, you may even be able to park on WItton Lane or Trinity Road - whichever it is, you should be able to park within a stones throw of Villa Park tonight.

Cheers. I'll gamble on the north stand car park and see where I get to

• Like 1

It will probably be Young on the left, Wilson through the middle, and Moore on the right, either that or Moore and Wilson as a front two, but I would guess moore on the right more likely as he's played there a number of times before

21 minutes ago, useless said:

It will probably be Young on the left, Wilson through the middle, and Moore on the right, either that or Moore and Wilson as a front two, but I would guess moore on the right more likely as he's played there a number of times before

Young has been playing on the right in our last few U21 games, with Jamal-Jimoh on the left. 

Â