Monchi - President of Football Operations

duke313

10 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

That's interesting, I've just watched that snippet and where Monchi goes to shake hands I am unable to see all the blood on them that I have been assured they are covered in?

4 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

That's interesting, I've just watched that snippet and where Monchi goes to shake hands I am unable to see all the blood on them that I have been assured they are covered in?

spacer.png

27 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

He must be very bored here compared to his other clubs🤣
Maybe he sitting in his office playing Football Manager

We’re only second in the league, not top. Unai must be lecturing him to get better players as that’s not good enough!

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting story from Spain with Monchi connected. When at Sevilla he sacked a player for being overweight and Sevilla have now won the court case

They paid 12 million for him and the guy is retired now at 27. Monchi didnt sign him as was at Roma then

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

Interesting story from Spain with Monchi connected. When at Sevilla he sacked a player for being overweight and Sevilla have now won the court case

They paid 12 million for him and the guy is retired now at 27. Monchi didnt sign him as was at Roma then

NFL contracts can have weight clauses for players, i.e. they need to keep their weight between X & Y. I think it's generally for offensive lineman/defensive tackles (who need to be huge) but I often wonder why it's not done in football. Example when measured you need to be between 5% - 15% body fat, any higher and you don't get paid that week. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

Gabby would be **** if he was still playing 

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, villa89 said:

NFL contracts can have weight clauses for players, i.e. they need to keep their weight between X & Y. I think it's generally for offensive lineman/defensive tackles (who need to be huge) but I often wonder why it's not done in football. Example when measured you need to be between 5% - 15% body fat, any higher and you don't get paid that week. 

Yep I think we need it in McGinn’s contract that his butt cannot decrease below the size of two ten-pin bowling balls. 

• Haha 1

It's still surreal that we have this man in charge of recruitment, one of the most sought-after directors of football on the planet.  

I'm 100% certain him and Emery are going to build a team capable for competing for trophies over the next few seasons. 

• Like 1

Â