Saudi Pro League

tomav84

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Some people like spending a lot of money on things they don't "need".  Others like to be philanthropic with it.  Who knows what his motivation is.

Do we need anything though? I bet like me you probably have two tvs in your home. Do you/we need two tvs?

Its just kids these days most of them have iphones and shit like that. I didnt have a mobile until i was 18 and it was a brick ruby baby Ericsson!

• Like 1

So many people in here not understanding human psyche.

It’s human nature to just want MORE.

It’s what makes us advance.

What if we were just content with what we have all the time?

’why would anyone want to run a hundred metres under 10 seconds.  What’s the point? 10.01 seconds is plenty fast enough.’

’why do you want to fly, walking gets you most places you’d ever need to go.’

’why do you want 2 cars? One is plenty.’

’why do you want to eat any more than a single potato? It’s enough to satisfy your hunger.’

Why do we need cars that can go faster than 70mph? Why do we need designer clothes - a towel covers you up just fine.

why do we need to go to the moon? The bottom of the ocean? Why do we need to make more and more powerful telescopes?

The answer to all these questions is you don’t NEED any of this.  

If most of humanity shared the thoughts of some of you lot in here, we’d never advance as a species.  We’d all still be walking around in the same  place because ‘I’ve got everything I need right here.’

its Human nature to want the most that you can possibly get.  And that’s what drives us forward.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Oh yeah, sorry, forgot how necessary an accessory that was these days. It’s not as if the worlds burning as well as folks struggling to make ends meet.

It’s getting me riled up more than usual to be honest, on Sunday whilst I was doing the shopping I overheard an old couple looking at cooking / olive oils etc and how the cost had gone up so much and what they could take off their shopping list to accommodate buying it. If the world was a bus I’d be repeatedly tapping the stop button right about now.

You also forgot a decent yacht costs around £25-50m.  Mooring fees in Monaco £1m a year.

Hiring a global superstar singer for a bday party costs £2m a night. 

Private jet - £30-60m . Running costs £1-2m a year.

5 properties in NY, London, etc - £200m

Some nice artwork for your residence - £50m.

It's very very easy to burn through £250 million without even blinking.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Right.  But it's not life changing.  Their life is basically unaffected.  They'll still have private drivers and schools for their kids and sports cars and whatever else.  Can they now afford to buy a Bugatti instead of just a Lambo?  Sure.  A fourth holiday home?  Of course.  But their life won't be changed because they're already obscenely rich and they're just adding to it.

Whereas a jump from £30k to £45k a year for someone actually opens up opportunities that could change a life.  Maybe the ability to move to a safer area or actually afford a holiday or whatever.  It's a genuine life changing jump.

Going from (crude calc) £10m a year to even £30m a year is just additional spending power on luxuries.

Henderson is going from about £7,280,000 per year (about £3,640,000 net after tax) to £36,400,000 per year tax free, literally 10x the amount.  It might not be "life changing" but it's a significant increase.

Just now, duke313 said:

Henderson is going from about £7,280,000 per year (about £3,640,000 net after tax) to £36,400,000 per year tax free, literally 10x the amount.  It might not be "life changing" but it's a significant increase.

Not doubting that. Have also stated somewhere a few posts back that I can see the appeal of having the money. It’s just, as you say, not “life changing”. 

1 minute ago, Thug said:

Lol.

do u have more than two pairs of socks?

one on your feet and one in the wash?

I reckon I’m generally much less “luxurious” than most people on here… but I do own more than two pairs of socks. Just ;) 

• Haha 1

Just now, duke313 said:

Exactly.

imagine if someone increased @bobzy salary from £40k to £400k

He wouldn’t be saying any of this. 

And I’ll  pre-emptively answer the ‘but 40k is not £3m a year’.  £40k a year to someone else would be an absolute fortune that they couldn’t understand why you’d ever need any more.

(I have no idea how much @bobzy earns.  It’s a wild guess.)

Just now, Thug said:

Exactly.

imagine if someone increased @bobzy salary from £40k to £400k

He wouldn’t be saying any of this. 

And I’ll  pre-emptively answer the ‘but 40k is not £3m a year’.  £40k a year to someone else would be an absolute fortune that they couldn’t understand why you’d ever need any more.

(I have no idea how much @bobzy earns.  It’s a wild guess.)

I think you’re spectacularly missing the point of the conversation. 

5 minutes ago, bobzy said:

When people talk about life changing amounts, it's attributed to that person.  It's never "oh this is a life changing amount... for my nephew".

Of course he could decide to give loads away.  Maybe he'll invest a ton of money in Sunderland.  Who knows.

But I see that as his own life, the ability to impact and better the lives of those around him

I dont see it as the ability to buy a 4th mansion for himself, this SA money is the ability to buy mansions for 4 other people and then let's face it the SA money is so obscene he could buy that 4th mansion anyway, it's a whole careers worth of money in 2 years

4 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Not doubting that. Have also stated somewhere a few posts back that I can see the appeal of having the money. It’s just, as you say, not “life changing”. 

Well, in a way it is life changing as it's enough for him to uproot his whole life and families lives and move to the desert.

• Haha 2

Just now, duke313 said:

Well, in a way it is life changing as it's enough for him to uproot his whole life and families lives and move to the desert.

The move is life changing in the very literal sense, yes :D 

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

I think you’re spectacularly missing the point of the conversation. 

The point seems to be (and I'll be wrong here...) that when you're rich you should be able to say no thanks I have enough and I live a great life that the additional money won't change

Whereas some of us think that no matter how rich you are more money can still change your lifestyle and therefore be worth doing

I'm the latter, I don't blame Henderson, it's stupid money that's too good to say no to

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

But I see that as his own life, the ability to impact and better the lives of those around him

I dont see it as the ability to buy a 4th mansion for himself, this SA money is the ability to buy mansions for 4 other people and then let's face it the SA money is so obscene he could buy that 4th mansion anyway, it's a whole careers worth of money in 2 years

But it doesn’t matter what he decides to spend it on, it isn’t life changing for him. It could be life changing for his nephew or an estate agent or whatever, but his lifestyle will be (granted, all assumed) largely unchanged. 

Just now, bobzy said:

But it doesn’t matter what he decides to spend it on, it isn’t life changing for him. It could be life changing for his nephew or an estate agent or whatever, but his lifestyle will be (granted, all assumed) largely unchanged. 

How do YOU know it isn’t life changing?

the only person who can decide that is HIM

Just now, villa4europe said:

The point seems to be (and I'll be wrong here...) that when you're rich you should be able to say no thanks I have enough and I live a great life that the additional money won't change

Whereas some of us think that no matter how rich you are more money can still change your lifestyle and therefore be worth doing

I'm the latter, I don't blame Henderson, it's stupid money that's too good to say no to

Not for me. I’ve no issue with him taking the money, wouldn’t expect him to necessarily say no (others might - who knows).

As I said earlier, I see the desire for more money but also see it as non-life changing. That’s it :D 

3 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

👎

No place in the England team for playing in a dire league IMO. 

100%

Henderson should be phased out now regardless, give Jones elliot and Ramsey a shot, build around Bellingham

Seems so obvious to everyone not named Gareth Southgate

"never let me down in an England shirt"

• Like 2

Â