Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

3 minutes ago, ben1505 said:

Penalties? Don’t count for points but would determine winner if two draws…

Yeah I’ve been corrected above. Fair enough

I did an 6 game rolling points total for this season. Our lowest was 7 points and happened once. Insane that we got 16 points from 6 games on 8 occasions. I know that it's the end of the season, we've got players missing, and some tough fixtures but it would take an implosion of Spurs/Arsenal porportions to see us get 0 points from our last 6 games.

image.png.d05b079909fe19edd29e4478c3ae625c.png

• Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Ideal result this because Atletico can't afford to lose the 2nd leg either.

Atletico have never lost a home UCL knockout game under Simeone, they’ll be fine.

The CL quarter finals haven't really made a big difference so far in terms of clarifying the 5th place question. Arsenal and City very much still in it but both ties look competitive and it's a shame neither were at least able to win one leg (Arsenal doing so would have been a nice points swing towards England, even if they go on to lose the tie.) Dortmund also have all to play for next week, at least they didn't get any points at all as they lost the first leg. Still all very uncertain!

If Arsenal get through I'll be thrilled. If City get through I'll be pleased. If both do it, and Dortmund go out, I think that's it wrapped up pretty much?

And if the above don't all happen, let's just hope for comfortable wins for Liverpool and that other team playing the French team tomorrow night.

Liverpool's record against other top 6 sides this season isn't great (one win in eight, five draws and two defeats). In a table of the top six teams showing only results against each other they're bottom. Maybe we should back ourselves to do them at home.

But then again in that same table we only have one more point than them (won three lost five) and their only win against a fellow top six side did come against us 😂

Edited by Tom13

6 minutes ago, jayEm said:

The CL quarter finals haven't really made a big difference so far in terms of clarifying the 5th place question. Arsenal and City very much still in it but both ties look competitive and it's a shame neither were at least able to win one leg (Arsenal doing so would have been a nice points swing towards England, even if they go on to lose the tie.) Dortmund also have all to play for next week, at least they didn't get any points at all as they lost the first leg. Still all very uncertain!

If Arsenal get through I'll be thrilled. If City get through I'll be pleased. If both do it, and Dortmund go out, I think that's it wrapped up pretty much?

And if the above don't all happen, let's just hope for comfortable wins for Liverpool and that other team playing the French team tomorrow night.

Bowen out for these European games which is a big blow. Relying on Liverpool and Villa tomorrow to get some daylight between us and Germany. 

2 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Bowen out for these European games which is a big blow. Relying on Liverpool and Villa tomorrow to get some daylight between us and Germany. 

Leverkusen might be a problem, they could go all the way

Edited by villan95

1 minute ago, omariqy said:

That is frustrating, but West Ham beating Bayer Leverkusen was always pretty unlikely given the season they've had. Limiting them to only winning one leg would be nice though.

• Like 1