Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

The term "good feet for a big man" is used so much I'm wondering if big men generally have better footwork. Maybe it should be "good feet for a little man".

Just now, Tom13 said:

The term "good feet for a big man" is used so much I'm wondering if big men generally have better footwork. Maybe it should be "good feet for a little man".

Crouch always had good close ball skills…

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Why do we never seem to get such luck the likes of spurs and united get

Didn't see the first half. Was it a worse miss than At Nouri against us?

Edited by VillaChris

4 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Am I crazy or was that clearly a punch to his stomach? Surely there’s video of it on Twitter already.

Commentators seemed quite dismissive of it and I think they only showed one replay. Absolutely bizarre. Definitely looked a clear punch.

When you think of the red Dougie got away to Fulham last season...unbelievable.

• Like 1

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'd say it was.

Interesting how Forest will play the second half. A point is a very good result for them.

However with all of MGW, Hudson-Odoi and Elanga out there they will get chances on the counter with how Spurs push on late so interesting if Nuno keeps them on as long as possible or puts on more midfielders around the hour mark.

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Didn't see the first half. Was it a worse miss than At Nouri against us?

Yeah. It was a yard out with half the goal to aim at and hit it at 100mph off the post. It was literally a 0.99xG

6 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Yeah. It was a yard out with half the goal to aim at and hit it at 100mph off the post. It was literally a 0.99xG

Definitely not as they only had 0.83xG for the whole half.

The keeper was right in his face, can see why he thought he needed to blast it.

9 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

0.58 xG apparently which is still a lot

Spurs will win today, very little doubt about that... just about when it comes. So let's assume same points.

They then face;

Newcastle (A) Arsenal (H) Chelsea (A) Liverpool (A) Burnley (H) Sheffield Utd (A) and Man City (H)

We have;

Arsenal (A) Bournemouth (H) Chelsea (H) Brighton (A) Liverpool (H) Palace (A)

We have three of the same teams. Let's assume they lose to Man City. So it comes down to Newcastle, Burnley and Sheffield or our Bournemouth Brighton and Palace. They definitely have the easier fixtures. We also aren't in form and have European games. Finally, I suspect they'll get more from the tricky Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool games than we will - they'll benefit from the local derby underdog status and nick points and/or wins.

Think Spurs are STRONG favourites for fourth.

For fifth, Man Utd have very very easy run in. Hardest games are Newcastle (H) and Arsenal (H). Be nice for us to shut off that avenue once and for all before too long as the pressure could build. But we're still reliant on the European games for that.