Europa Conference League 23/24

HalfTimePost

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

Exactly! I don't mind at all unlike City joining us as EC winners

It's like saying saying lets not try win fa cup because Leicester won it a few years ago.

It would be great to win this cup ahead of a team like spurs

• Like 1

Really hope we get a proper shitter for our playoff game. Obviously we’re pretty good and can fancy our chances against anyone but I’d rather it be easy :lol:

Just get us to the group stages and then give us whoever. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Really hope we get a proper shitter for our playoff game. Obviously we’re pretty good and can fancy our chances against anyone but I’d rather it be easy :lol:

See i think opposite after what happened at Stevenage i would rather a team that we dont take lightly and potentially **** up. I guess the one advantage now is no away goals 

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Question what happens if we draw dynamo Kiev in the game before the group stage?

Where would the game be played?

Ukranian sides have tended to play their home games in European competitions in Poland.

3 hours ago, Farlz said:

We all thought stevenage at home would be an easy tie 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

TLDR; at least 1 of the 9 top seeded sides have been eliminated in QR2 in the 2 seasons of the Conference League, and a few other ties have been very tight.

Just wondering why it has to be QR2 when there is QR3 where some seeded teams might get knocked out in?

Edited by Made In Aston

3 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Just wondering why it has to be QR2 when there is QR3 where some seeded teams might get knocked out in?

I cant work that out either...

QR3 is made up of teams that win QR2, 2 teams that drop out of the Europa League (and are seeded), and 5 other teams that enter there straight away. 

Of those 5, 2 are unseeded and ranked below us.

So assuming all the seeded teams qualify in QR2, is there another window if either Rapid Wien or Arouca (both unseeded and below us) win at QR3?

Possible reasons why we might not:

- the teams that reach qr3 receive the higher coefficient of the two teams that play, so become seeded whatever happens?

-the draw is made before qr3 takes place, and unseeded teams get drawn with their seeded opponents as a seeded pairing?

- the twitter dude doesn't know what he's doing and we actually could yet a final saving grace in QR3?

I haven't got a clue about seedings, but I do have a good idea about the strength of the Villa team that will play the qualifying matches in August.

Why are we worried about seedings? Our very talented squad will have had a full pre-seasons coaching with Emery and his staff, (plus some outstanding additional players that we don't yet know about). We will be big favourites to win a qualifying round against any other team,  

1 hour ago, Made In Aston said:

The draw for the Play Off Round (where we enter) is made before QR3 is played, so any non-seeded teams knocking out seeded ones in QR3 inherit their coefficient for the Play Off round.

Eg; the draw for QR3 is made and puts seeded Club Brugge against unseeded FC Azerbaijan Farmers, and then the Play Off draw sees Club Brugge or FC Azerbaijan Farmers vs Aston Villa.

If FC Azerbaijan Farmers beat Brugge then they don't do a redraw - they'd just play Villa.

Edited by StewieGriffin
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

I haven't got a clue about seedings, but I do have a good idea about the strength of the Villa team that will play the qualifying matches in August.

Why are we worried about seedings? Our very talented squad will have had a full pre-seasons coaching with Emery and his staff, (plus some outstanding additional players that we don't yet know about). We will be big favourites to win a qualifying round against any other team,  

Because getting into Seeded group means drawing easier team 

17 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

The draw for the Play Off Round (where we enter) is made before QR3 is played, so any non-seeded teams knocking out seeded ones in QR3 inherit their coefficient for the Play Off round.

Eg; the draw for QR3 is made and puts seeded Club Brugge against unseeded FC Azerbaijan Farmers, and then the Play Off draw sees Club Brugge or FC Azerbaijan Farmers vs Aston Villa.

If FC Azerbaijan Farmers beat Brugge then they don't do a redraw - they'd just play Villa.

spacer.png 

47 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Because getting into Seeded group means drawing easier team 

i don't understand how people still don't get this. yes things are all good at the moment and yes i fancy us against pretty much any of the seeded teams, but it's like the carabao/fa cup - you'd rather play crawley town than, say, middlesboro. you'd fancy us against them both, but one is considerably more difficult than the other. whilst i might be doing the competition a disservice, i don't think i'm miles off in making the crawley town comparisson with at least a couple of the teams in this tournament.

edit: and just to add, 3 days after the first leg we play burnley. never know with these promoted sides but i'd expect us to win so no biggie. however, 3 days after the 2nd leg we travel to anfield. wouldn't it be nice to be able to play a 2nd string in the return leg having battered some lowly unseeded lot 4-0 in the 1st so that our strongest 11 are nice and fresh?

the last thing we need is to draw juve or eintracht and have to field our strongest team...then god forbid end up with extra time and pens 3 days before liverpool away.

Edited by tomav84
  • Like 3