1. 1. Most ridiculous Olympic event?

• Walking
    • Synchronised swimming
    • BMX Banditry
    • Rhythmic Gymnastics
    • Mountain biking
    • Softball
    • Baseball

OK, so this is a real pet hate of mine that I had actually forgotten about. They have just started the men's walking event. Get the **** out of here. That is just Olympic mincing. I don't care how fit they are they just look like a bunch of queers.

However, there are some other pointless events so let's have a poll on this.

synchro swimmming for me. Dancing, in water? It would be a lot easier if they just did it on the ground. Load of bollocks.

They are thinking of introducing 20-20 for the next olympics. if that gets in, that will get my vote. Cricket is shit.

cricket is not shit Steve !!!

but actually fair point if Rugby 7's are in for the next Olympics (sure I read that !!) then 20/20 should be

in fact if Tennis is in any sport should be

golf ??

Darts ?

snooker ?

all surely more justifided than some of the ones listed above, I mean beach volleyball ????

Squash was dumped out as it was not seen as TV friendly but Sailing is ??

Cricket is shit. If you can stand around in a field all day, and throw a ball every 20 minutes and get a medal for it, then we may as well give them out on the street! If they only gave the medals to people who score a century or get, say, 3 wickets then I'd be happy. But if they gave it to the number 11 batsmen who didn't bat all tournament and stood on the boundary and made the odd catch then what's the point?

Actually I'm just watching the ping-po^H^H^H "table tennis" and that seems pretty funny.

It's up there with darts and dominoes as "something you might enjoy playing but wouldn't want to WATCH" (actually I feel the same about snooker TBH).

Cricket is shit. If you can stand around in a field all day, and throw a ball every 20 minutes and get a medal for it, then we may as well give them out on the street! If they only gave the medals to people who score a century or get, say, 3 wickets then I'd be happy. But if they gave it to the number 11 batsmen who didn't bat all tournament and stood on the boundary and made the odd catch then what's the point?

Number 11 batsmen? Did nowt but make the odd catch? Not a Wisden subcriber then Stevo?

Synch swimming for me. Just saftness of the highest order.

Interesting use of the term 'queers' in the initial post mind. Walking is definitely a ridiculous sport, but how gay someone looks when participating in it has no effect on my enjoyment as a spectator. As anyone who knows of my attendance at last year's England bi-sexual XV vs the Navy rugby match will testify. The score? 0-0, but there were 5 tries and 2 conversions.

Walking, deffo.

As a runner, it drives me mad - if you want to go fast on your feet, RUN ffs!

Exactly. What would one of these clowns do if faced with a knife-wielding maniac? WALK OFF as fast as they could?!!!

No, they'd run.

The motor racing equivalent would be limiting yourself to only driving in 2nd gear.

Â