Fantasy NFL 2023/24

Tubby

10 hours ago, rjw63 said:

What a weird season.

I've only won one in 6, and most of those defeats were less than ten points, some less than five.

Then when I'm playing a team that isn't being managed (no changes since week one, half the team out on byes, RB been on IR since week one but still rostered) three of my team have their best game of the season and the team score more than all eleven others in the league.

Now next week they will probably revert to shit!

Based on your points for, you've been desperately unlucky, whilst I've definitely had the rub of the green results wise. Funny how this week's 1st v 2nd match up had both sides scrambling to score 100.

• Like 1

Who was that guy that wanted to join the league?

Think I’m out after this year, I’m just wasting my own time trying to cobble together a team that wins, utter shite.

38 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Who was that guy that wanted to join the league?

Think I’m out after this year, I’m just wasting my own time trying to cobble together a team that wins, utter shite.

Tough year all round after the changes, not as enjoyable as previous years, that's for sure.

11 hours ago, LancsVillan said:

Tough year all round after the changes, not as enjoyable as previous years, that's for sure.

Were there any particular changes making things less enjoyable?

We can always review things for next season.

You only need an injury to a top pick and you're ****. I've lost Jefferson and i'm scratching around for points from WRs now. 

3 hours ago, Beastmix said:

Arguably not a change... 😉

Most weeks I'm top two or three scoring wise, but still lose.

Then when I'm projected to win by miles, the bottom team beats me and I score the lowest of all 12 teams.

Scoring low and losing I can accept, but scoring high and STILL losing really pisses me off. Probably time I took a break after this year but we shall see.

2 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Most weeks I'm top two or three scoring wise, but still lose.

Then when I'm projected to win by miles, the bottom team beats me and I score the lowest of all 12 teams.

Scoring low and losing I can accept, but scoring high and STILL losing really pisses me off. Probably time I took a break after this year but we shall see.

Yeah, it's really frustrating. I think most people who've played fantasty football for a bunch of seasons has had a season like that.

Fantasy can be a cruel beast.

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

Kelce and Diggs have let me down badly. 

Mahomes and Pacheco for me, and an injured Waller who’s generally been shit anyway 

On 29/10/2023 at 21:46, LancsVillan said:

On 30/10/2023 at 09:31, Beastmix said:

Were there any particular changes making things less enjoyable?

We can always review things for next season.

I don't get this argument that the changes have had an impact. We've removed one position (flex RB) and made some decimal changes to PPR scoring. The same number of players still exist. 

Maybe we should blame the players performances before our own? Many, many players have underperformed this season, many others have exceeded expectations. Just one of those things that requires research and being on the ball with the waiver wire.

If the changes are truly to blame, say why and provide the evidence, not just the feelings.

Edited by Tubby

15 hours ago, Tubby said:

If the changes are truly to blame, say why and provide the evidence not just the feelings.

This is the information I was trying to obtain.

As you say, we only made minor tweaks, so was curious as to what the issue was.

18 hours ago, Beastmix said:

This is the information I was trying to obtain.

As you say, we only made minor tweaks, so was curious as to what the issue was.

Sorry, I didn't mean to seem like I was targeting your comment, more so referencing your point.

So far as I can see, the league is well balanced. Seven of the 12 teams with the highest points scored, are separated by just 70 points. Aside from some teams falling foul of 'any given Sunday', the scoring seems to be resulting in a competitive league.

Edited by Tubby
  • Like 1

On 30/10/2023 at 10:38, rjw63 said:

Yes I keep **** losing.

You should win this week . I knew my team was going to suffer week 9 because of  byes but there's not much I can do without losing decent players.

My team is mostly duct tape and broken dreams this week so enjoy the weekend dude !

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

You should win this week . I knew my team was going to suffer week 9 because of  byes but there's not much I can do without losing decent players.

My team is mostly duct tape and broken dreams this week so enjoy the weekend dude !

I wouldn’t even put money on it!

Ive been the projected highest scoring team almost every week and won two. One of them was against a team that hadn’t been managed since week one.

So anything that can go wrong usually does. Gotta laugh I suppose 🙄

Edited by rjw63
Shittyfookinphonekeypad

1 minute ago, rjw63 said:

I wouldn’t even put money on it!

Ive been the projected highest scoring team almost every week and won two. One of them was against a team that hadn’t been managed since week one.

Do anything that can go wrong usually does. Gotta laugh I suppose 🙄

Nah you're good this week . My 2 players last night beat their combined projections and I'm still miles away . The bare minimum should get you a dub.

Â