Fantasy NFL 2023/24

Tubby

Good to see how close the league is so far this season. No runaway leaders, no one team truly adrift. The games are close.

A lot will happen over the coming weeks, but it bodes well and is an acknowledgment that we may have finally got the scoring mechanism right.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, maqroll said:

I must admit I miss the full WR/TE/RB Flex option. Maybe we can revisit it next preseason.

I don't. There just aren't enough good RBs in the league to justify a third RB slot whereas there are more than enough pass catchers. The current setup requires a bit more skill.

3 hours ago, maqroll said:

I must admit I miss the full WR/TE/RB Flex option. Maybe we can revisit it next preseason.

I feel like I have three good RBs. I keep going to add my third to the starting roster every week and then thinking "oh shit, that's right"

11 hours ago, Hornso said:

I feel like I have three good RBs. I keep going to add my third to the starting roster every week and then thinking "oh shit, that's right"

I drafted as if we we had 3 RB's slot so Im gutted to be honest  .  There is NOTHING wrong with Yahpoo standard scoring and roster formations . I do agree with smaller benches as we have a larger league .  The games in standard usually finish way closer than our league.

It doesn't make our league anymore "skillfull" in the slightest tbh. Fewer options equals fewer decisions so it's actually less skillfull .

18 hours ago, Tubby said:

Good to see how close the league is so far this season. No runaway leaders, no one team truly adrift.

Ah, memories... 

On a serious note:

WR/TE/RB added to post-season suggestions.

I have to say, I would be benefitting from this, also, this year. Reliable WRs and QBs seem to be the issue this season.

13 hours ago, maqroll said:

I have 4 viable RB's. 

I'd love to start 3 this week, but I have to start 2 TE instead.

Not everyone can say that they have the ability to play 3 RBs and that's where the imbalance is. Almost everyone can play 3 decent WRs.

If you have 3 spots, some people draft 4 or 5 RBs and the gap is wider still. 2 spots and theoretically you could get by with 3 RBs; then there are enough for everyone.

The alternative if going back to full flex, is to revisit the scoring for RBs (or all positions) as inferred by @Brumerican

We are a 12 team league, if we want every team to be competitive, 2 RBs feels like a reasonable compromise.

Edited by Tubby

20 minutes ago, Tubby said:

Not everyone can say that they have the ability to play 3 RBs and that's where the imbalance is. Almost everyone can play 3 decent WRs.

If you have 3 spots, some people draft 4 or 5 RBs and the gap is wider still. 2 spots and theoretically you could get by with 3 RBs; then there are enough for everyone.

The alternative if going back to full flex, is to revisit the scoring for RBs (or all positions) as inferred by @Brumerican

We are a 12 team league, if we want every team to be competitive, 2 RBs feels like a reasonable compromise.

Some people get players in front of me on the waiver wire, then DONT PLAY THEM 😡😳

21 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Some people get players in front of me on the waiver wire, then DONT PLAY THEM 😡😳

Ha ha, oh yeah? Waiting to see if he plays first cause I'm not going to make a decision on 7 carries alone. But at least I could if I wanted to... 🤣

12 minutes ago, Tubby said:

Ha ha, oh yeah? Waiting to see if he plays first cause I'm not going to make a decision on 7 carries alone. But at least I could if I wanted to... 🤣

I didn't mean you, but if the cap fits...😜

• Haha 1

Any interest in converting this to a keeper league next year?

We keep one player who we drafted and roster the whole season but lose the corresponding draft pick next draft. So if I keep Lamar Jackson I'd lose my 4th round pick next year. 

Keeper leagues reward savvy late round drafting in particular. If your last pick has a breakout season you can lock him in and not worry about giving up a late round pick, making your team next year potentially more formidable. 

Could be an interesting experiment for one season or more if we like it.

13 hours ago, maqroll said:

Any interest in converting this to a keeper league next year?

We keep one player who we drafted and roster the whole season but lose the corresponding draft pick next draft. So if I keep Lamar Jackson I'd lose my 4th round pick next year. 

Keeper leagues reward savvy late round drafting in particular. If your last pick has a breakout season you can lock him in and not worry about giving up a late round pick, making your team next year potentially more formidable. 

Could be an interesting experiment for one season or more if we like it.

Added to the suggestions list.

It could work though, since we have a pretty consistent set of returnee managers.

I think there should be a limit on the number of positions you can have in the team.

Every week I try to get a player off waivers and every week they go elsewhere, usually RBs.

Who then don’t get used.

Why stack your team with players you don’t need (unless you’re doing a Man Cit£h and just stopping anyone else getting a look in).

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

I think there should be a limit on the number of positions you can have in the team.

Every week I try to get a player off waivers and every week they go elsewhere, usually RBs.

Who then don’t get used.

Why stack your team with players you don’t need (unless you’re doing a Man Cit£h and just stopping anyone else getting a look in).

Unfortunately, you can't customise bench spots as particular positions. It would be a good feature though.

Regarding waivers, you appear to be somewhere around the middle of the pack for priority, hence players sometimes going elsewhere. Six ahead of you, currently. You'll move up the list the fewer moves you make.

There's lots of different reasons people might pick up and stash a player though (depth, bye week cover, strength of real-life opposition, emerging (yet not quite there) talents, etc etc), rather than it being out of tactical spite 😂

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

What a weird season.

I've only won one in 6, and most of those defeats were less than ten points, some less than five.

Then when I'm playing a team that isn't being managed (no changes since week one, half the team out on byes, RB been on IR since week one but still rostered) three of my team have their best game of the season and the team score more than all eleven others in the league.

Now next week they will probably revert to shit!

2 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Then when I'm playing a team that isn't being managed (no changes since week one, half the team out on byes, RB been on IR since week one but still rostered) three of my team have their best game of the season and the team score more than all eleven others in the league.

Hopefully they see this message and can start actively managing their team. I'm sure other people would like to take up the spot next season, if they're not bothered.

On a personal level, I'm sure we all hope everything is alright with them!

• Like 2

Â