Midweek Football 15/18 May

andykeenan

Just now, fightoffyour said:

We're starting from the (now looking unlikely) scenario of Brighton beating Newcastle though.

Yeah if Brighton lose tonight then Newcastle for top 4 is done and no longer something that bothers me

I obviously want villa to win at anfield and smash Brighton, it flips to it realistically being a case of Brighton picking up 3 more points vs southampton and finishing on 61 points plus a much better GD than us so we would need to win both games as I still don't see southampton getting points Sunday

But I still think being honest and realistic it's us or spurs for 7th, us winning these last 2 games is mad enough but to do it with then also Brighton and spurs results going in our favour is a whole lot of good luck which villa don't tend to get

Crystal ball - we lose to Liverpool beat Brighton, spurs beat Brentford lose to Leeds and it all comes down to that Harry Kane penalty...

47 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Asked in the Europe thread, but it's pretty unlikely that Brighton manage to be "done" in 5/6th but can't still get 4th on the last day.

If you've got a set of possible results that does it, let's see them.

If Newcastle win this, and then both Newcastle and Man U win at the weekend. Brighton can’t finish above either of them.

Â