The Not Villa Summer Transfer Window 2023

His Name Is Death

Franca is a bit of a coup for Palace IMO.

I keep a close eye on Brazilian footy due to the ridiculous amount of talent that pops up over there and I'd have thought some bigger teams would have been in for him. 

9 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Franca is a bit of a coup for Palace IMO.

I keep a close eye on Brazilian footy due to the ridiculous amount of talent that pops up over there and I'd have thought some bigger teams would have been in for him. 

He's great in fm23

Feels like every summer I find myself saying they're signing some great youngsters they just need a goalscorer

• Like 1

12 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I would guess that with the number of players Leeds have out on loan they didn't put wage reductions in the contracts and are now having to shift them all off the books, that's now 6 first teamers out on loan

Leeds apparently put specific clauses in a lot of players' contracts that they could leave on loan if the team were relegated. OK in principle to lessen the wage bill, but not so great when players you hoped would stay (like Wober) decide the Championship is not for them. Gnonto and Harrison are two players without the loan clause it seems.

41 minutes ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

Leeds apparently put specific clauses in a lot of players' contracts that they could leave on loan if the team were relegated. OK in principle to lessen the wage bill, but not so great when players you hoped would stay (like Wober) decide the Championship is not for them. Gnonto and Harrison are two players without the loan clause it seems.

Koch contract expires next summer and he had a clause. Its poor management

So the Dembele to PSG deal is happening after all despite PSG missing the sell clause deadline. There was yet another €50m clause in his contract that they've now activated according to Romano.

Shambles of a club if correct.

Edited by sne

4 hours ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

Not just him who has that clause. Very poor strategy by previous owners/sporting director.

Ironically Victor Orta was seen as being a brilliant Sporting Director and a real couple for Leeds for ages.

6 hours ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

Not just him who has that clause. Very poor strategy by previous owners/sporting director.

It's almost as if he didn't care as he was leaving anyway!

2 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Leeds are a shambles - I had no idea so many left on loans they put in their contract clauses 

How is it possible to let that many go yet spend double on the only incoming player?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Ironically Victor Orta was seen as being a brilliant Sporting Director and a real couple for Leeds for ages.

He seemed to get worse as the transfers got more expensive. The amount Leeds have wasted on players like Aaronson, Rutter, Dan James, Llorente etc. is criminal. The fact that Orta managed to get the Sevilla job after all that is mind boggling.

• Like 1