Nicola Bulley Missing Dog Walker

Lupinthe5th

1 hour ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

Why have the Police chosen to release information regarding her problems with alcohol?  

If she has a problem it's not going to help that it's now public knowledge.  Nor would it help find her.  She is not a criminal.  She is either missing or a victim.  

Disclosing this information is inexcusable.  Its an egregious breach of privacy that is completely unjustified. 

Data Protection and Human Rights only apply to the living. By making this statement it makes me think that the Police are confident that she's dead.   

Is she a victim if she took her own life?

Just now, Mandy Lifeboats said:

Famous trivia question.  

The actor Peter Falk only had one eye.  But did the character Columbo have one eye?  

The drummer from Def Leppard only has one arm.

30 minutes ago, YLN said:

Are they telling people to check local off licenses for her? That's the only reason I can think of for THE POLICE to release this information. Is there a pub in the local area that very rarely gets female customers, and releasing this information is to get them to check their ladies room. There's no reason for it to be public knowledge, unless they're just trying to get people less interested in the case.

Hey everybody. She was a bit of an alco, so it doesn't matter if she died. Now we can all move on. Agreed?

I honestly think it's a panic move to give credibility to the theory that she fell n the river.  It serves no purpose. 

1 minute ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

I honestly think it's a panic move to give credibility to the theory that she fell n the river.  It serves no purpose. 

If that's by far the most likely event and there is zero evidence to the contrary. Why is it a panic move to state that? 

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

If that's by far the most likely event and there is zero evidence to the contrary. Why is it a panic move to state that? 

The Policce are being criticised for concluding that she fell into the river without any indication that she did.  That's unlikely for a perfectly healthy person, especially when the dog was dry.  People are asking how they have formulated this opinion.  By mentioning the drinking they are hinting that there was another factor. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

If my body is found in a remote location it is reasonable for the Police to state it was suicide or that "no other person was involved".   It might even be reasonable to state I was depressed.  

If I go missing It's not reasonable to disclose my private life unless it will help ensure my safety.  

If I am a criminal and wanted for a crime its reasonable to disclose anything that leads to my apprehension.  This could include my alcoholism, depression, description, areas I frequent, state of mind etc.  

There is no indication that she is a criminal.  Nor do I see any reason why knowing she is menopausal and alcoholic will help ensure her safety.  It could do the opposite. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

It's a panic move because it hasn't contributed to resolving the investigation at all, but has helped to cover the police's arses.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Why couldn't they just say she had mental health problems from the start? It would of stopped the public from speculation.
The partner went on tv and thinks she 100% been abducted and not in the river. He never mentioned her problems....

2 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

If my body is found in a remote location it is reasonable for the Police to state it was suicide or that "no other person was involved".   It might even be reasonable to state I was depressed.  

If I go missing It's not reasonable to disclose my private life unless it will help ensure my safety.  

If I am a criminal and wanted for a crime its reasonable to disclose anything that leads to my apprehension.  This could include my alcoholism, depression, description, areas I frequent, state of mind etc.  

There is no indication that she is a criminal.  Nor do I see any reason why knowing she is menopausal and alcoholic will help ensure her safety.  It could do the opposite. 

I think the disclosure of an alcohol issue is because someone in the police mentioned “vulnerabilities” which set lots of tongues wagging and they had to disclose what they meant by it.

I think it was an attempt to tidy up another error of judgment (vulnerabilities).

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Genie said:

I think the disclosure of an alcohol issue is because someone in the police mentioned “vulnerabilities” which set lots of tongues wagging and they had to disclose what they meant by it.

I think it was an attempt to tidy up another error of judgment (vulnerabilities).

Human Rights Act.  Everyone has the right to privacy unless it's necessary to remove that right.  If the Police believe she is in the water there is no reason to discuss any vulnerabilities in detail.  

Also surely the person who said she was struggling with the menopause would not have told the police to get it out in the media.

I think I heard on the news the Sargent on this case said she had never known such a case in 29 years in the force, really?? Missing persons are commonly reported, are they not?

9 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I think I heard on the news the Sargent on this case said she had never known such a case in 29 years in the force, really?? Missing persons are commonly reported, are they not?

If it's the bit I was watching, she said in her 29 years she's not had a case in which the public have been such a distributive influence. The tiktok detectives are being a pain in the arse

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

If it's the bit I was watching, she said in her 29 years she's not had a case in which the public have been such a distributive influence. The tiktok detectives are being a pain in the arse

Yeah exactly, she was talking about the impact of online Miss Marples being unprecedented, not the circumstances of the case itself

6 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

Human Rights Act.  Everyone has the right to privacy unless it's necessary to remove that right.  If the Police believe she is in the water there is no reason to discuss any vulnerabilities in detail.  

Maybe it’s appropriate context given the huge public interest and intrusive speculation/accusation. Maybe, and I suspect,  the family agreed to this information being released because it has become a free for all circus affecting lots of peoples lives.

Maybe this lady stopped her “frequent” social media posting in December because she slipped into depression or suffered mental health issues, after all Christmas can be a catalyst to mental health issues as I know from first hand experience. Maybe a relapse into alcohol issues ensued which resulted in a further deterioration of her mental well being in January when an incident was referred to whereby Police and health professional attended their home (suicide attempt?). Maybe the family were coping with a downward spiral where suicide has been threatened or attempted, maybe she might even have said “I’ll throw my self in the River Wyre”. Maybe the partner wearily isn’t surprised by the turn of events, hence his reaction. Maybe he is utterly stand up, the strength of the family with young kids to this point while trying to care for some one with a challenging mental health issue, he could well be a saint rather than her killer as some would have it? 

Who knows? 

I do know bodies do fall into water and either take ages to come to light or are never found. There are plenty cases of misadventure by students or revellers disappearing when out with groups of friends in the vicinity of docks or rivers, some never turn up. It can happen.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Maybe it’s appropriate context given the huge public interest and intrusive speculation/accusation. Maybe, and I suspect,  the family agreed to this information being released because it has become a free for all circus affecting lots of peoples lives.

Maybe this lady stopped her “frequent” social media posting in December because she slipped into depression or suffered mental health issues, after all Christmas can be a catalyst to mental health issues as I know from first hand experience. Maybe a relapse into alcohol issues ensued which resulted in a further deterioration of her mental well being in January when an incident was referred to whereby Police and health professional attended their home (suicide attempt?). Maybe the family were coping with a downward spiral where suicide has been threatened or attempted, maybe she might even have said “I’ll throw my self in the River Wyre”. Maybe the partner wearily isn’t surprised by the turn of events, hence his reaction. Maybe he is utterly stand up, the strength of the family with young kids to this point while trying to care for some one with a challenging mental health issue, he could well be a saint rather than her killer as some would have it? 

Who knows? 

I do know bodies do fall into water and either take ages to come to light or are never found. There are plenty cases of misadventure by students or revellers disappearing when out with groups of friends in the vicinity of docks or rivers, some never turn up. It can happen.

You've probably nailed it somewhere in here on what really happened that's why the police have been positive from day 1 that she's in the river. 

The communication of the police and the family have been poor. They have created this massive media circus. They should of been straight with us from day 1.

3 hours ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

Why have the Police chosen to release information regarding her problems with alcohol?  

If she has a problem it's not going to help that it's now public knowledge.  Nor would it help find her.  She is not a criminal.  She is either missing or a victim.  

Disclosing this information is inexcusable.  Its an egregious breach of privacy that is completely unjustified. 

Data Protection and Human Rights only apply to the living. By making this statement it makes me think that the Police are confident that she's dead.   

2 hours ago, YLN said:

Are they telling people to check local off licenses for her? That's the only reason I can think of for THE POLICE to release this information. Is there a pub in the local area that very rarely gets female customers, and releasing this information is to get them to check their ladies room. There's no reason for it to be public knowledge, unless they're just trying to get people less interested in the case.

Hey everybody. She was a bit of an alco, so it doesn't matter if she died. Now we can all move on. Agreed?

They've already stated why they released that particular info...

39 minutes ago, Lupinthe5th said:

The communication of the police and the family have been poor. They have created this massive media circus. They should have been straight with us from day 1.

I’m not sure it has been poor given we are not in possession of all the facts?

What if Nicola was depressed, had a history of depression, even suicide attempt(s). What if this family was in crisis, and the police were aware as had been involved with this family because of previous intervention, all of which sounds to be the case. They may have suspected she had taken her life but without a body it’s very difficult to immediately jump to a definitive conclusion hence the public appeal. If she had just decided to take time out only to reappear it wouldn’t be helpful the whole world knowing of her disposition so they were discrete, sensitive and selective at that stage.

I suspect the Police had substantial grounds leading to the strong suspicion that it was suicide due to everything that hasn’t been said in public and remains private and personal but without a body can’t say much, let alone turning everything upside down chasing down every murder/abduction/fake death-insurance claim conspiracy, and framed it as suspect she “fell into the river” rather than “drowned herself in a suicide” to be sensitive. Without a body and suffering poor mental health she may have turned up days/weeks later and no one would thank the Police if they had been explicit and presumptuous so publicly in that manner?

PS, click bait media, social media, arm chair detectives/conspiracy theorists, and specifically motor mouth self proclaimed expert Peter Faulding  holding his own media briefings have made this a circus, not the Police.

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 1

Â