Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

We are done for this window.  We have kept hold of our best players, we have Moreno and Ramsey coming back in the next few weeks. A really positive transfer window will plenty of attacking threat with Diaby and Zaniolo, solidity with Tielemans, absolute class with Pau and cover with Lenglet.  If there is anyone else tonight, I expect it to be Lo Celso, but I think we are done. 

• Like 3

The reality is we are good to go, anything incoming needs to be better than what we've got or its a waste, we really dont need the numbers with Ramsey and Moreno coming back. I reckon Diaby, Traore and most convincingly Zaniolo could all play in place of Watkins if needed.

Looking at our European squad last round and with Lenglet and Zaniolo coming in there needs to be at least 1 departure, which I assume is Coutinho. Anyone else joining would require another departure again, unless we leave someone unregistered for Europe… just feels like we might be done now. If that is the case then I think it’s been a solid window, another forward would have been nice but we’ve obviously signed Zaniolo and Diaby who looks a real gem

2 minutes ago, david-avfc said:

Looking at our European squad last round and with Lenglet and Zaniolo coming in there needs to be at least 1 departure, which I assume is Coutinho. Anyone else joining would require another departure again, unless we leave someone unregistered for Europe… just feels like we might be done now. If that is the case then I think it’s been a solid window, another forward would have been nice but we’ve obviously signed Zaniolo and Diaby who looks a real gem

We could unregister traore. We are stacked on the right side and its not like he will be getting a new contract. will be gone at the end of the season.

Sounds like anything else might be dependent on whether Phil’s sale is completed today… 

Wouldn’t class it as a complete/steadfast/absolute denial of further business but it makes more sense to assume that we are done… but who really knows…

Where is Monchi n what is he up to?

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

One more attacking player would have been nice 

Looks like the big warchest was all made up bullshit

or more realistically the players we wanted to add weren't available or chose other clubs to join. Demebele joining PSG clearly scuppered the possibility of Torres joining. They were forced to sell Dembele instead basically.

I assume Qatar will not have to worry about tonights deadline to complete any possible Coutinho deal. Hence the lack of urgency on Phil's potential departure.

The club would obviously prefer the money in hand before completing any replacement deal.

• Like 1