Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

33 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

The Premier League wage bill alone is £2bln per year. Add to that the transfer fees to take it to £4bln let's say.

Saudi have to pay nearly double to get players to go there so they can't be spending £8bln to £10bln a year almost total loss of money. 

That's just the PL - take all the league's in Europe. Saudi have to always import players as they won't be able to develop them as we do in Europe.

I think Saudi want to be a top 10 league be a place for top talents at end of their careers to go to. They can achieve that. They'll push for the World Club cup etc.. and try be competitive in that 

You go to Saudi when you're not worth your current salary to anyone else who is able to pay. Or you're not wanted because you might disrupt a dressing room or be high maintenance. Place for has-beens in one form or another.

https://x.com/marshallavfc/status/1690853258049265664?s=46&t=a1VZjtKAHTyjmI8pdQJOGQ

Tweets won’t embed for some reason;

Net Spend since June 2021

Chelsea - £515 million
Arsenal - £431 million
Man Utd - £430 million
Newcastle  - £353 milllion

Villa - £115 million.

Are we being too nice trying to play by the rules 

-

Chelsea have spent more in 26 months than Villa have in 20 years
Chelsea are spending 170 million on Lavia and Caicedo.
Chelsea spend since June 2021 once Lavia and Caicedo join - £977 million

Aston Villa spending since June 2003 - £914 million 

-

Could just be an indication that we have money to spend but just waiting on the right targets… it’s harder for us to attract high calibre players compared to those teams…

City have a lower net spend since bringing in big fees for outgoing players recently… something we’re unable to do due to the lack of quality beyond our first 11 and competing at a lower level…

Net Spend - 99 million

Spent - 353 million
Received - 254 million

Our revenue streams are far inferior to those teams too, so much work to be done but we have excellent owners who are pretty much doing and done all they can…

Chris has a heck of a job to do…

But corruption is rife too… good old 115 charges FC and something very dodgy is going on at Boehly/PIF FC and their reckless spending…

https://x.com/simonlines/status/1690981958782738432?s=46&t=a1VZjtKAHTyjmI8pdQJOGQ

Chelsea have spent 400m more than Villa since June 2021 after the Caicedo deal. They have spent more money in 26 months than Villa have in 20 years. Let that sink in. Eye watering stuff. Makes you realise how ridiculous FFP really is and how it only ever benefitted the top clubs.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

You go to Saudi when you're not worth your current salary to anyone else who is able to pay. Or you're not wanted because you might disrupt a dressing room or be high maintenance. Place for has-beens in one form or another.

AKA Turkey with money.

Brighton… wow…

Wonder what they’re going to do with all that moolah!

Credit where it is due.

In no way is Caicedo a 115m player… lovely to see the big clubs get fleeced though…

Chelsea think Brighton are their feeder club but they’re just ripping them off 😂

Edited by Jas10

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

https://x.com/avfctranstweet/status/1690986083381555200?s=46&t=a1VZjtKAHTyjmI8pdQJOGQ

If #MCFC are facing multiple FFP breaches then what comes of Chelsea? Idiotic spending , ridiculous contracts and amortisation periods. 

It’s a joke and it’s just being allowed to happen.

I think Chelsea have found loopholes. City have committed mass financial fraud for over a decade. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

https://x.com/simonlines/status/1690981958782738432?s=46&t=a1VZjtKAHTyjmI8pdQJOGQ

Chelsea have spent 400m more than Villa since June 2021 after the Caicedo deal. They have spent more money in 26 months than Villa have in 20 years. Let that sink in. Eye watering stuff. Makes you realise how ridiculous FFP really is and how it only ever benefitted the top clubs.

and lets face it, in the grand scheme of things, in the context of allfoorball worldwide,  Villa arent exactly tight with their spending either

A Putin stooge bought Chelsea 20 years ago. Back then we were, arguably the bigger club than Chelsea- though they had had a decent 4 or 5 years prior to that.

That dirty money has allowed them get to where they are now.

Next up Man City and Newcastle.

Shame on English football.

Edited by Captain_Townsend

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Before Caicedo & Lavia deals:

spacer.png

@Jas10 what is the timescale of that chart? 

What I find interesting is that amongst my footballing friends there is a feeling that Villa have spent a LOT of money in the last three years whereas the reality is that (just in terms of outgoings) we're pretty much spending mid-table amounts.  It is also interesting that Villa fans think that our outgoing transfer business is rubbish and yet we are in the top 6 or 7 earners from player sales (admittedly a good chunk of that coming from Jack).

It will be interesting to compare  the same table at the end of the transfer window as I suspect there's still plenty of transfer activity to take place over the next two weeks.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

https://x.com/marshallavfc/status/1690853258049265664?s=46&t=a1VZjtKAHTyjmI8pdQJOGQ

Tweets won’t embed for some reason;

Net Spend since June 2021

Chelsea - £515 million
Arsenal - £431 million
Man Utd - £430 million
Newcastle  - £353 milllion

Villa - £115 million.

Are we being too nice trying to play by the rules 

-

Chelsea have spent more in 26 months than Villa have in 20 years
Chelsea are spending 170 million on Lavia and Caicedo.
Chelsea spend since June 2021 once Lavia and Caicedo join - £977 million

Aston Villa spending since June 2003 - £914 million 

-

Could just be an indication that we have money to spend but just waiting on the right targets… it’s harder for us to attract high calibre players compared to those teams…

City have a lower net spend since bringing in big fees for outgoing players recently… something we’re unable to do due to the lack of quality beyond our first 11 and competing at a lower level…

Net Spend - 99 million

Spent - 353 million
Received - 254 million

Our revenue streams are far inferior to those teams too, so much work to be done but we have excellent owners who are pretty much doing and done all they can…

Chris has a heck of a job to do…

But corruption is rife too… good old 115 charges FC and something very dodgy is going on at Boehly/PIF FC and their reckless spending…

And people are baulking at the idea of selling youngsters, which is one of the main ways we can do that. 

Edited by lexicon

2 minutes ago, allani said:

@Jas10 what is the timescale of that chart? 

What I find interesting is that amongst my footballing friends there is a feeling that Villa have spent a LOT of money in the last three years whereas the reality is that (just in terms of outgoings) we're pretty much spending mid-table amounts.  It is also interesting that Villa fans think that our outgoing transfer business is rubbish and yet we are in the top 6 or 7 earners from player sales (admittedly a good chunk of that coming from Jack).

It will be interesting to compare  the same table at the end of the transfer window as I suspect there's still plenty of transfer activity to take place over the next two weeks.

June 2021 to before Chelsea sign Caicedo and whoever else!

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Brighton… wow…

Wonder what they’re going to do with all that moolah!

Credit where it is due.

In no way is Caicedo a 115m player… lovely to see the big clubs get fleeced though…

Chelsea think Brighton are their feeder club but they’re just ripping them off 😂

I do wonder what the reaction of fans would be on here if our owners kept selling our best players (admittedly making good money on them) and had recorded an £80million + profit.  I suspect that there would be plenty of talk of "lining their own pockets" and not "re-investing enough of the money back into the club".

I don’t want us to be amongst the biggest spenders anyway or be known for splashing the cash but we have to strengthen and recruit intelligently…

No doubt there are clubs that have an unfair advantage and are very corrupt…

But I’d like to see us be more intelligent and savvy… while bringing in genuine quality.

You just have to admire Brighton… but we can adopt an even better approach imo. Identify and sign impactful, high quality players and keep them, build around them and keep progressing… our ambitions are probably higher and more “realisable” than theirs…

Our manager gives us so much hope, capacity and ability to continue improving and succeeding…

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, allani said:

I do wonder what the reaction of fans would be on here if our owners kept selling our best players (admittedly making good money on them) and had recorded an £80million + profit.  I suspect that there would be plenty of talk of "lining their own pockets" and not "re-investing enough of the money back into the club".

I get your point and noticed your comments on this subject in the past… all very fair and reasonable.

I don’t expect or want us to replicate Brighton’s model to a tee but… they deserve credit imo.

It hasn’t hit them negatively YET. Everything has pretty much worked out for the better/positive… losing (the overrated?) Potter and all of his team… bringing in (the superior?) De Zerbi…

Replacing the players they have sold for relatively minimal outlay and actually kicking on by qualifying for Europe…

It’s been pretty rosy for them but who knows how sustainable it is and for how long…

As we are aware, it can’t be all sunshine and rainbows all the time 😂 there will be setbacks…

But they can be used or looked at as some form of inspiration…

• Like 1