Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

Someone like Bafodé Diakité sounds like it would make sense. RB/CB who can also fill in at LB. 22 y.o France u-21 playing for Lille. That's based on his profile thou, can't say I watch enough Ligue 1 football last season to really judge him.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

When Buendia stands out as one of your most physical players then maybe there’s a bigger issue. Not many teams have a Casemiro, rodri or rice, kamara would be the closest we have to them but I think we have a lack of intensity and pressing which might cost us and probably expose us in the middle 

Yeah, we have made up for it with tenacity and aggression (which is what McGinn usually brings but was sorely lacking against Newcastle) and have players who are usually supremely composed and comfortable on the ball with proper passing prowess… we like to pass our way out of trouble as well as excel in build up play… which I love…

But, I still think an injection of strength - physically dominant player who is still excellent in possession, would help us massively… and prevent us from wilting…

• Like 1

Sangare still available?

Would Guendouzi still be a useful option?

I’m conflicted… we do have a great midfield but… are they getting enough help? The same players can’t be expected to perform at peak levels in every game either… Kamara is still young and developing too… might pack on some muscle as he ages…

Easy to make too much of yesterday’s performance and result…

Definitely need fullback and attacking reinforcements imo…

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Sangare still available?

I’m conflicted… we do have a great midfield but… are they getting enough help? The same players can’t be expected to perform at peak levels in every game either… Kamara is still young and developing too… might pack on some muscle as he ages…

Bayern are interested in him apparently 

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Everton have everything to do with it, they are the type of players they buy.  Given your Everton allegiance (“Title” on Avatar says Everton) you would or should agree these are the types they would be normally interested in ie names but meh players, which have gotten Everton to where they are the last few seasons.  

As for Poch, as it was shown, Adams was a back up option which they backed out of but they did it because their DM (in fact midfield) was really weak and he needed somebody urgently and so far other deals for that position weren’t eventuating but as soon as one did they dumped Adams like a wet towel.  Plus I’m not sure using Chelsea as the argument for credible transfers is good for your argument given their recent extensive buying and selling equivalent to a small country’s population size.

They didn’t dump Adams. Dunno where you got that from? They, being Adams and Chelsea couldn’t agree terms!

Concerning Chelsea’s transfer policy they purchased a lot of players in the past but have sold several of those for good money. They’ve also won the Champions League in that period on two different occasions so to a large extent their transfer policy has brought them great success! 

Poch is widely regarded as a coach and known to develop younger players. Trying to buy Adams therefore shows that he has seen something in Adams that you don’t and if you’ll forgive me I’d prefer to use Poch’s judgement rather than someone who bends the truth to suit his arguments.

Totally agree that Everton have purchased poorly in the past. Every club has including Villa who were relegated because of it. Everton however managed to stay in the Premiership last season under a new manager whom you deride due his choice in player.

There are so many contradictory comments in your posts concerning our debate. I’ve pointed those out as best I can but we all have our own opinions.

15 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Sangare still available?

I think the midfield is fine if used correctly unfortunately due to injuries we were forced into shoehorning yesterday. Luiz nor Tielemans are athletic and robust enough to do what Mcginn, Beundia and Ramsey do their strength is passing in risky tight areas to beat the press. 

1 minute ago, striker said:

They didn’t dump Adams. Dunno where you got that from? They, being Adams and Chelsea couldn’t agree terms!

He’d had his medical!

He failed to agree terms!

Chelsea worried about how long his hamstring injury would take to heal!

Three reasons reported why the deal didn’t final from various sources.  Interesting the deal collapsed just as the Caicedo deal moved to the final stages….hmmm

7 minutes ago, striker said:

Concerning Chelsea’s transfer policy they purchased a lot of players in the past but have sold several of those for good money. They’ve also won the Champions League in that period on two different occasions so to a large extent their transfer policy has brought them great success! 

Under the Boehly ownership not the Abramovich era, I thought that was obvious in recent dealings comment.  That’s like talking about Villa’s transfer dealing under the previous than NSWE….it doesn’t make sense.  I thought that was obvious.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, striker said:

Everton however managed to stay in the Premiership last season under a new manager whom you deride due his choice in player.

Did I deride him? I said he’s a Dyche type player….how is that derision?  Players like certain type of players for their kind of system.  I think we all have ideas of which players certain managers choose.

20 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Sangare still available?

Not sure Villa’s midfield is as great as you say it is. Also concerning consistency it was Villa’s first game of the new season and their midfield was still schooled by Newcastle’s as well as most of the top six last season.

I say top six because that’s where the Villa owners wanna be.

Villa have had the likes of Luiz and McGinn in midfield for several seasons now and generally come up short against the top teams.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, striker said:

There are so many contradictory comments in your posts concerning our debate.

What!  All I’ve said is they are Everton type buys and furthermore Dyche type players and Meh players.  Not contradicting comments there.  Not for us! You can have them at Everton.

1 minute ago, striker said:

Villa have had the likes of Luiz and McGinn in midfield for several seasons now and generally come up short against the top teams.

You like Adams but don’t rate Luiz enough!

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

What!  All I’ve said is they are Everton type buys and furthermore Dyche type players and Meh players.  Not contradicting comments there.  Not for us! You can have them at Everton.

Think we’ll agree to disagree.

2 minutes ago, striker said:

Not sure Villa’s midfield is as great as you say it is. Also concerning consistency it was Villa’s first game of the new season and their midfield was still schooled by Newcastle’s as well as most of the top six last season.

I say top six because that’s where the Villa owners wanna be.

Let’s not go down this road again…

Are you actually a Villa fan at all? Sure doesn’t ever seem like it… 

After your criticism of Luiz…. It’s hard to take much of what you say all that seriously.

A midfielders are great.. one bad performance or result doesn’t change that…

Leagues ahead of whatever Everton have to offer…

Just now, Steero113 said:

Beat (and in some cases battered) Spurs, Man Utd, Newcastle, Chelsea, Brighton. Drew at Anfield and the Etihad. 

Where is this schooling you mention? 

Thank you…

he’s chatting shit again…

dunno why he’s even here…

We destroyed “big teams” with these midfielders last season….

Interesting one to keep an eye on.

May have sneaked in to steal Harrison from under Evertons nose from Leeds. Obvs it could be BS but sure we'll know soon enough if he's had an issue with his transfer

Edit: this is the Everton deal. Some clause in his contract that means he can go on loan to a PL club and Leeds can't really stop it. So effectively a free loan and an option to buy next year.

Edited by HalfTimePost

16 minutes ago, nick76 said:

He’d had his medical!

He failed to agree terms!

Chelsea worried about how long his hamstring injury would take to heal!

Three reasons reported why the deal didn’t final from various sources.  Interesting the deal collapsed just as the Caicedo deal moved to the final stages….hmmm

Think it depends on who you believe because Chelsea claimed he failed his medical due to an injury that will keep him out for at least another month or two.

• Like 1