Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

11 minutes ago, John said:

Nor can I, can't see Levy offering half that, or why Ollie would want to jump onto a sinking ship. 

I know loyalty isn’t a major asset for most footballers but as an arsenal fan you’d think he’d not be too keen on spurs 

• Like 1

According to Paddy, on the Love of Paul McGrath podcast (season preview), a club has bid for Diego Carlos and negotiations are ongoing…

Personally, I don’t want to see him leave and I want to see what he can offer..

If it happens, it might suggest that we’re bringing in a RB with Konsa predominantly being played at CB…?

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Maybe not, but Unai and Monchi are fans of both and if it can be done… we will sign one of them… again, Unai said we will be “ready” before the window closes… I do anticipate a big signing…

We already tried for Felix in Jan… Unai considers him “special”…

Doesn’t matter what us lot think…

Otherwise, we move on to other targets… who may be of a similar level/ability…

Whoever we get, I have faith that Unai will get the best out of them. He’s done so well with the players he inherited, just imagine what he can do with those of his own choosing…

I mean, it's a football forum. I actually sort of do want to hear what you lot think. I suspect that the working assumption of most of us here is that our posts on VT have about as much impact on Aston Villa's transfers as my yelling at the telly when Ollie misses affect his game.

I'd argue that in the case of Felix, he also considers himself "special," too, perhaps a bit too much, and what Unai thinks, consequently, may matter less than we'd hope.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

According to Paddy, on the Love of Paul McGrath podcast (season preview), a club has bid for Diego Carlos and negotiations are ongoing…

If it happens, it might suggest that we’re bringing in a RB with Konsa predominantly being played at CB…?

Depending on the fee, I'd be inclined to let him go, currently 4th choice on big wages and from the little we've seen from him he looks a bit of a liability, which is not out of character with his performances at Seville.

Re-invest in a versatile younger player or promote one of our top prospects to 4th choice.

Squad game and all that, but he's one we could afford to let leave as opposed to Digne, who needs to stay for now.

Edited by VillaJay

6 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I mean, it's a football forum. I actually sort of do want to hear what you lot think. I suspect that the working assumption of most of us here is that our posts on VT expressing our thoughts have about as much impact on Aston Villa's transfers my yelling at the telly when Ollie misses.

I'd argue that in the case of Felix, he also considers himself "special," too, perhaps a bit too much, and what Unai thinks, consequently, may matter less than we'd hope.

Mate, I was just pointing out that our thoughts/opinions don’t affect the club’s transfer activity… I wasn’t saying we shouldn’t express them. 

I think we take things a little too seriously on here at times…

Just because you don’t like, rate or want a player like Felix…. It doesn’t mean he won’t be signed. I’ve already shared Unai’s positive remarks on him on at least a couple of occasions…  are you and others going to be upset and not support him if he does actually join somehow? I don’t think so, I’m sure we all back and believe in Unai…

I’ve already said I don’t think it’s likely either and there are other options…

Feel free to continue to share your criticisms or doubts of him, I wasn’t stopping anyone… sharing opinions is part of the fun, as well as speculation,  but that’s all it is…

However, to continue to repeat myself, I don’t see how anyone could make an accurate judgement of his character/personality, nor have any insight into it…

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

While the Buendia injury is horrible for the plans we made i am confident we can react appropriately as a club.

We clearly have plans for youngsters like Ramsey and Archer, selling with buy backs so we can continue the development and bring them back if they progress as we hope they will.

I am sure until the end of the deadline Emery will be supported to the max allowed within FFP (if we bother to comply). Emery and Monchi now know where our weaknesses are. They will fill those gaps with the best player willing to come.

I am relaxed!

Edited by Hank Scorpio
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, VillaJay said:

Depending on the fee, I'd be inclined to let him go, currently 4th choice on big wages and from the little we've seen from him he looks a bit of a liability, which is not out of character with his performances at Seville.

Re-invest in a versatile younger player or promote one of our top prospects to 4th choice.

Squad game and all that, but he's one we could afford to let leave as opposed to Digne, who needs to stay for now.

Prefer if we kept him and gave him a proper chance, has had rotten luck and is exceptional “on his day”…

Apparently, it could be Inter that are interested and have bid…

I’m loving our CB department as is and had faith we may not fall apart for once should Mings have to miss the odd game… would make a pleasant change…

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Mate, I was just pointing out that our thoughts/opinions don’t affect the club’s transfer activity… I wasn’t saying we shouldn’t express them. 

I think we take things a little too seriously on here at times…

I don't disagree with any of that, @Jas10! I didn't think you trying to tamp down on comments or expression here, not at all. I was merely underscoring that the unimportance of our thinking about transfers in terms of the business itself is a working assumption here. "It's a too football forum" is my response both to people taking it too seriously -- and people not taking it seriously enough. 😁

2 hours ago, est1874 said:

We should test the waters for Emile Smith-Rowe again.

Don't care what Arteta says he is gonna get virtually no game time in the league this season, am sure he could be tempted here now to boost his international prospects etc.

This would be a great shout - He'll not be happy that Arteta's just dropped £60m on Kai Havertz so would surely be up for a move. I wonder how he and Emery got on when Emery was at Arsenal. He seems to have sent him out on loan during his time there.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

While the Buendia injury is horrible for the plans we made i am confident we can react appropriately as a club.

We clearly have plans for youngsters like Ramsey and Archer, selling with buy backs so we can continue the development and bring them back if they progress as we hope they will.

I am sure until the end of the deadline Emery will be supported to the max allowed within FFP (if we bother to comply). Emery and Monchi now know where our weaknesses are. They will fill those gaps with the best player willing to come.

I am relaxed!

We can't defeat bad luck like losing key players for entire seasons. Especially with so many games to play. We are too constrained by FFP to have our record signing out for entire season. 

We are a bit **** now really. A brilliant Loan is needed at a minimum somehow 

17 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Pretty sure it's Inter Milan

13 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I don't disagree with any of that, @Jas10! I didn't think you trying to tamp down on comments or expression here, not at all. I was merely underscoring that the unimportance of our thinking about transfers in terms of the business itself is a working assumption here. "It's a too football forum" is my response both to people taking it too seriously -- and people not taking it seriously enough. 😁

Oh right, sorry. Misunderstandings are rife where text is the form of communication…

I really can’t see Unai, Monchi and those working for them taking our opinions into account or logging on to VT though 😆

Proper and extensive research and scouting is a constant at the club now… hasn’t always been the case though!

I have more faith and belief in those at the club than ever before…it feels good!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Frodo said:

Pretty sure it's Inter Milan

Yeah, I just caught up to that bit 😆

I’m really not keen but if it happens… do we need or bring ANOTHER CB? Or just a RB? Fresneda has been mentioned again…

I would like us to get past the point where Ty is so essential for us… always lost and vulnerable when he hasn’t played… hoping we’ve strengthened enough to mitigate that now… I felt Diego could be the man to counteract that effect…

Just now, Jas10 said:

Yeah, I just caught up to that bit 😆

I’m really not keen but if it happens… do we need or bring ANOTHER CB? Or just a RB? Fresneda has been mentioned again…

I would like us to get past the point where Ty is so essential for us… always lost and vulnerable when he hasn’t played… hoping we’ve strengthened enough to mitigate that now… I felt Diego could be the man to counteract that effect…

Not sure maybe would of at the start of window brought in another alongside Torres if Carlos was still struggling but think Emery has been impressed with Chambers by all accounts so maybe we let Carlos go recoup some money & go with what we have. Shame as really rate Carlos beast of a centre half.