Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

7 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

It seems that the alleged Montiel incident has gone quiet now. Who knows what the situation is. But that aside he’s a a decent player and would complete our defence, two outstanding players in each position across the back four. And another World Cup winner joining Villa will be good.  

Moreno/Digne
Mings/Pau
Konsa/Carlos
Cash/Montiel

Would be some back four, able to change or rotate any player without losing much.

Montiel wouldn't be that expensive either, a Moreno tier signing.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

The Jaden rumour came from some no name who writes for an obscure transfer rumour site. I don’t know where the Ollie stuff came from. But c’mon. Let’s be logical here. 

Why do people feel the need to regurgitate this absolute nonsense on the forum?

• Like 2

So… AgentVilla… the guy many were debating on whether was legit (doubt it)… has changed his name to Bosch… and claims we’ve hijacked a deal for Pubill and are interested in Cherki and have offered a loan to buy deal for Felix…

Claims we turned down a low offer for Olsen from a Swedish club…

Make of that what you will..

Edited by Jas10

Just now, Don_Simon said:

Why do you want to discuss something that you know is a work of fiction?

Maybe to say something like....look at this, isn't it silly, what utter rubbish. Can you ever imagine us doing that? People like to discuss transfers, realistic or not and this is the transfer thread. The place to do just that. Why are you trying to police other people's harmless conversations on the internet?

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Try telling that to the other women in my book club. We LOVE fiction. 

Yeh, you heard. Delphinho got a book club thing going on. 

I suppose I'm not allowed in this club?

1 minute ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

Maybe to say something like....look at this, isn't it silly, what utter rubbish. Can you ever imagine us doing that? People like to discuss transfers, realistic or not and this is the transfer thread. The place to do just that. Why are you trying to police other people's harmless conversations on the internet?

Woah, easy tiger. I'm asking why people want to discuss fiction. "Policing conversations on the internet" is the sort of lunacy Donald Trump spouts. You do you mate, UTV.

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

What are your thoughts on Jill Mansell's 'Promise Me' ?

One of my favourites! This is a wonderful story at the heart of it is love and the many forms it takes. Lou thought her life was going well after building up her life after an abusive marriage ended in tragedy. Then all of a sudden she needs to find a new home but at least she has her job. When the job goes she is upset but understands. She is a caregiver a role that she fell into and loved.

In a turn for the worst she bumps into the worlds most grumpiest octogenarian Edgar Allsopp. He mistakenly thinks she is about to attack him when they trip into each other. He then asks her to drive him home in his mini. He happens to be the owner of Foxwell Hall. Edgar wants her to move in and look after him. Lou needs a job but he is far too miserable to be stuck with.

Edgar decides to make her an offer. His offer means that she would leave the area she knows to be closer to someone who she has her eye on. He is not available so another distraction is on the way, is the object of her desire doing the same thing?

We also see how Lou changes how Edgar views the world and there is a beautiful moment towards the end of the book that had me in tears. Edgar makes a monumental mistake and he is powerless to change it.

• Shocked 1

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

PL team bid 50 big boy€ for this guy. They AREN'T in the Champions League. If true, could be us? 

Could be although West Ham have also been linked recently.

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Where would he fit in? Doesn’t seem likely…

Replacement for Dendoncker? Competition for places would be fierce… but he’s not a DM is he?

Wouldn't surprise me if he ended up at West Ham. Feel like if we were going to sign him we would have done so already.