Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

Nothing but, other than allowing for a bit of humour or exaggeration,  just pointing out how poor and limited of a player he is. We don’t need to put up with that standard of player anymore…

Check this out too - 

22/23 - 40 apps, 3 goals, 2 assists

21/22 - 40 apps, 1 goal 4 assists

20/21 - 41 apps, 3 goals, 3 assists 

No thank you…

Only have to watch him to see how limited he is, not a natural talent, lacks the game intelligence that is needed at this level.

With the “bulk” he is carrying, he’s likely to suffer from some injuries in future too… maybe a bit like Micah Richards…

Good luck to him wherever he ends up, not here please…

“Big lump, headless, brainless oaf…

Utterly devoid of grace, intelligence, elegance”

Remind me not to get on your ‘humorous’ side.

1 hour ago, MotoMkali said:

As far as I can tell it's 28 for Torres and 34.6 for Diaby. Plus 4.3 and 8.6 mil in add ons respectively.

So significantly less than 83 million (which I assume comes 33 + 50 which don't seem to be accurate figures). 

If that's true then yes the figure is more like £75m, but I've read that Diaby is set to cost £51.9m all in after add ons. The BBC and Guardian both reported £43.2m + £8.6m in add ons. Ornstein may be correct over both those sources, but his figure (£34.6m) + the add ons figure (£8.6m) actually comes to £43.2m. So I suspect the figures have been misconstrued and it is actually the higher figure of £43.2m we have actually paid + the add ons. 

16 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Difficult situation really. The player is clearly very talented but if he doesn't really want to come, is it the best thing for everyone involved? I look at Tonali and the disappointment he had in being forced to go to Newcastle and don't really want that for us.  

Only posting as said he’d be a good option for us but how the hell do Chelsea get away with this, including the loan to Strasbourg, who their owner has just bought hasn’t he. Boils my piss

• Like 1

Just now, lexicon said:

Difficult situation really. The player is clearly very talented but if he doesn't really want to come, is it the best thing for everyone involved? I look at Tonali and the disappointment he had in being forced to go to Newcastle and don't really want that for us.  

I can imagine it being very tough for Tonali but he was a regular stater for AC Milan, Ferran on the other hand can’t get sniff of first team football at Barca , I think he’s just digging his heels in and refusing to be bullied out of the club opposed to not wanting to come here.

4 minutes ago, lexicon said:

I don’t get the impression that we’ll try and force players in or even go for anyone who isn’t interested…however, a meeting or discussion with Unai could sway things… and is the best way to establish whether said player is actually interested or not. It’s hard to judge a club, environment and setup (including what the ambition, vision or intent is) from afar and from the outside…

Unai wants a “family” group and can establish whether a player will fit into that if he gets an opportunity to have a fairly in depth conversation with them…

For example, I was quite impressed by the knowledge Pau shared in his interview and he was clearly educated and informed on the “goings on” at the club…

I’m sure similar conversations were had with Diaby to convince him to join…

8 minutes ago, burchy said:

Only posting as said he’d be a good option for us but how the hell do Chelsea get away with this, including the loan to Strasbourg, who their owner has just bought hasn’t he. Boils my piss

They aren’t in the Europe and to preserve the integrity of the competition I agree with the fact we cannot sell/ loan our players and vice versa to Vitoria… nothing stops NSWE pumping money into them and sign a player with the view to selling them on to us … 

17 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

If that's true then yes the figure is more like £75m, but I've read that Diaby is set to cost £51.9m all in after add ons. The BBC and Guardian both reported £43.2m + £8.6m in add ons. Ornstein may be correct over both those sources, but his figure (£34.6m) + the add ons figure (£8.6m) actually comes to £43.2m. So I suspect the figures have been misconstrued and it is actually the higher figure of £43.2m we have actually paid + the add ons. 

On the other hand if the figures were given in euros which seems more likely given that our sporting director will be more familiar with euros and that the opposing club would also use euros then depending on what exact conversion rate they used 50-52 million euros is the same as what Ornstein said. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

I trust Ornstein over those two sources...

15 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

I can imagine it being very tough for Tonali but he was a regular stater for AC Milan, Ferran on the other hand can’t get sniff of first team football at Barca , I think he’s just digging his heels in and refusing to be bullied out of the club opposed to not wanting to come here.

Plus he just looks very inexpressive, there's a photo of him on a yacht with his unreal wife and he's just sat there boiling piss

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, MSvillain said:

I trust Ornstein over those two sources...

Agreed he has historically been by far the most reliable reporter for British Transfer fees and news. And has far more contacts overseas as well.