Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

If and when Newcastle sell or loan any players to PIF teams I suspect the PL will create a new fair value rule for related party player sales, similar to how they do already for sponsorship. It won’t stop an easy sale if one is needed but would hopefully stop silly money being declared for sales. Even better would be if it was declared as owner capital injection since it the same owner after all!

9 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

If and when Newcastle sell or loan any players to PIF teams I suspect the PL will create a new fair value rule for related party player sales, similar to how they do already for sponsorship. It won’t stop an easy sale if one is needed but would hopefully stop silly money being declared for sales. Even better would be if it was declared as owner capital injection since it the same owner after all!

There are a lot more variables that can be manipulated aside from transfer fees. Things like exploiting the loan market to avoid FFP and signing players to stop the competition getting them some other factors.

The simplest way is to ban transactions between clubs under the same ownership. It doesn't address all issues but will stop most of them. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

There are a lot more variables that can be manipulated aside from transfer fees. Things like exploiting the loan market to avoid FFP and signing players to stop the competition getting them some other factors.

The simplest way is to ban transactions between clubs under the same ownership. It doesn't address all issues but will stop most of them. 

Holding companies

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

The problem is getting someone whose willing to come in as backup whom is an upgrade on Olsen… Also you don’t want to unnecessarily block Sinisalo, Zych, Marschall by signing a young keeper like Josh Griffiths from WBA if the club believe one of them could make the step up in time.

So you’re left with players like Olsen, Matt Ryan , Adrian, Karius… Are any an upgrade on Olsen ?

Then you move down the ladder into the EFL - Anthony Patterson at Sunderland. Stefan Bajic Is a fine prospect at Bristol City but is only 21 yo. Then there’s Viktor Johansson whose now playing for Rotherham was once on our books. 

You’ve got Arnau Tenas as mentioned by some before. Djordje Petrovic Is highly rated in the MLS… 

So you think it’s best to stick with Olsen? 😱

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I remember last season, Eddie Howe was pretty adamant he wouldn't be partaking in this sort of thing, and/or wasn't interested.

Has something since changed, or was he taken out of context?

I haven't seen the quotes by the way, but I do know how capable media or of setting up loaded questions and then creating a headline.

Did he simply not comment? lol

spacer.png

• Haha 2

Just now, DJBOB said:

Lots of winger links but curious that not a lot of right back links right now considering we only have one natural right back!

Also no backup GK links.  Been tracking the goalkeeper for Botafogo - Lucas Perri.  Top notch every time I see him play. Had a short stint at Crystal Palace.

2 minutes ago, villan95 said:

Could get Pepe Reina back? 😆 Was signed by Villarreal last season while Emery was there..

Getting on at 40 and most people think he is and was shite 🤣

Better than Olsen, especially with his feet. More assured but… no longevity at all there…

3 minutes ago, villan95 said:

Could get Pepe Reina back? 😆 Was signed by Villarreal last season while Emery was there..

Soria is the one to go for… previous relationship with Unai…

13 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

Lots of winger links but curious that not a lot of right back links right now considering we only have one natural right back!

We’ll sort it one step at a time… central defence and midfield has been bolstered… attack is our main priority or deficiency… 

I’m confident Unai will get who we wants/needs, out of the targets that are attainable, we’re already in a much better place and a lot stronger…

More to come…