Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

1 minute ago, Sulberto21 said:

We’re not getting Felix. I’ll stop stalking that gorgeous Moreno if we do. I.E it ain’t happening.

Based on what? How do you know? No-one really knows who Villa are going to sign. It’s the way they do business.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

We’re not getting Felix. I’ll stop stalking that gorgeous Moreno if we do. I.E it ain’t happening.

Why? There is a reasonable chance it could happen 

14 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Well taken out of context there.

Please God no - to another saga over Felix.

He didn't show any top 4 level of form in the PL last season!

He got 4 goals in 10 games worth of minutes. That's 12 in 30 games worth of minutes (which is the typical minutes for a winger) what would be 12 goals in a team with zero creativity and attacking impetus aside from him. That's double any of our players not named ollie watkins scored. But no we couldn't do with him. 

Edited by MotoMkali
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, striker said:

Based on what? How do you know? No-one really knows who Villa are going to sign. It’s the way they do business.

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Why? There is a reasonable chance it could happen 

💴.

Digne would have to take a wage cut or leave .

28 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Yep, Unai talked about him in a press conference when we pursued him in January.

A hell of a lot has changed since January. Not least, the ridiculous loan deal that Chelsea did to get him in thr last window.

No way are we ever going to meet the terms Atletico would want and Unai is fully aware of this hence we have moved on. That's before the fact that the player himself wants a CL club.

We showed interest in Guendozi in January as well, and never went back in for him. Things change both within transfer windows and between them.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, GlobalVillan said:

A hell of a lot has changed since January. Not least, the ridiculous loan deal that Chelsea did to get him in thr last window.

No way are we ever going to meet the terms Atletico would want and Unai is fully aware of this hence we have moved on. That's before the fact that the player himself wants a CL club.

We showed interest in Guendozi in January as well, and never went back in for him. Things change both within transfer windows and between them.

Have you heard any more from your source about any pending deals? 

5 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

No more than before. The thing I have been told by several agents is that it will be a long and protracted window with most deals done late. I said this on here a few weeks back and it seems to be accurate. That is across the board and not just Villa.

I know we have a couple of targets but with the position we are in atm, players of a high calibre will bide their time in the hope that a CL club comes in for them. Pau was a different story because of the Emery connection.

We certainly aren't done in the window that's for sure. I won't be getting worried.

So it’s unlikely that any more players will be joining us on the preseason US tour?

Just now, Jas10 said:

So it’s unlikely that any more players will be joining us on the preseason US tour?

I don't know is the honest answer. But the club won't overpay for players and if it means taking longer to do a deal then they will. Some clubs are easier to do a deal with than others. Same for agents.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Fair enough and I don’t actually believe it’s realistic. I just shared the quote to prove that Unai actually has interest in the player and rates him.

You say a lot has changed since January (in a negative sense?)… it could have changed in a more positive sense… e.g. Felix and Atletico’s demands may have lessened…

I have no idea 🤷‍♂️ If anything, the relationship has soured even more…

I get what you’re saying regarding financials and I would never want the club to put themselves in a precarious position in that respect, certainly not for a single player.

I just wonder if a “reasonable” deal could be  negotiated somehow…

The point stands though: if Unai wants and rates a player. Who are we to question it?

We should be excited if Unai gets the players he actually wants..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GlobalVillan said:

I don't know is the honest answer. But the club won't overpay for players and if it means taking longer to do a deal then they will. Some clubs are easier to do a deal with than others. Same for agents.

Appreciate the honesty.

We shall see. Regardless, it’s bloody exciting times..

• Like 1

Luiz Henrique link has gone quiet… wonder if we’re still interested. With all the “noise” going on, we may sign some players who are more sort of “under the radar” in a sense… rather than the big, flashy ones…

16 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Luiz Henrique link has gone quiet… wonder if we’re still interested. With all the “noise” going on, we may sign some players who are more sort of “under the radar” in a sense… rather than the big, flashy ones…

I think that’s the way Monchi works, unearthing the gems, and potential taker rather than the huge names. 

2 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I think that’s the way Monchi works, unearthing the gems, and potential taker rather than the huge names. 

Which is precisely the market we need to be in, we'd need CL football to justify dropping £50m each on a couple of players. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

We could see a mix of both. I don’t think either Unai or Monchi will necessarily carry out their work in exactly the same way as at previous clubs.

Unai has more freedom and control, both of them have better resources and finances at their disposal. I do believe we have genuine ambition but are realistic and measured at the same time. NSWE know what they want and how to go about it, it seems…

I also believe… Unai wants to make a point and achieve great things back in the PL.

He said it himself, “I’m not here to waste time”…

I think we have great intent… and it’s so exciting!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Which is precisely the market we need to be in, we'd need CL football to justify dropping £50m each on a couple of players. 

100% - we are not in that environment yet. A few £25M-30M signings much more realistic than a few £50M+ signings. Steady progression throughout the whole club is the key to sustained success.

Edited by eholm
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, eholm said:

100% - we are not in that environment yet. A few £25M-30M signings much mor realistic than a few £50M+ signings. Steady progression throughout the whole club is the key to sustianed success.

Not sure I agree.  We don’t need much for this team, we are generally a quality squad.  What we need now is some top tier talent, just one or two for the near future in the attacking areas and then we can really kick on.  I think we are at the next phase from the previous phase of needing quantity or £20-30m players, we now need those change makers and that means more often than not a higher price or wage bracket, and probably both.

• Like 3