Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

15 hours ago, burchy said:

If some of the rumours are true then could we see Goncalves, Kudus and Guler come in? 

That would be some skill coming in to add to the McGinn graft and Ramsey potential. 

Would certainly give us to more options up top and out wide.

I usually green light the players you recommend, i dont know much about Kudus but stats look good in his league, never seen Guler but heard hes a certified baller.

Goncalves is the link i feel has the most steam to become real. Does everyone think the days of us signing a player out of nowhere is gone because our new staff and set up is different and we will now see who we are on the verge of signing more out there in the air? 

4 minutes ago, gaz90 said:

I quite clearly didn't say that you've done nothing or looked at nothing. I simply said back up your opinion, rather than dismissing links based on flimsy reasoning (i.e. plays in an inferior league at 26). If you have more constructive reasoning then I and everyone else would probably like to hear it, as it'll add value to the debate, but you didn't offer that in your initial post.

I didn’t feel anything more would be required other than what I stated, to me it pretty much speaks for itself.

5 minutes ago, RicRic said:

I didn’t feel anything more would be required other than what I stated, to me it pretty much speaks for itself.

Guess you would not been a fan of signing Palhinha last summer?

20 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Your upset about me declining some Brazilian most of us probably never heard of 😂 takes years of understanding the game and this market to gauge certain opinions, i don’t believe or claim to know everything or know it all and can even get it wrong but more often than not in terms of a situation like this that is not the case.

Absolutely not!

I am annoyed at you dictating to everyone else what we/they should do based on your view.

I don’t give a monkeys what peoples views are on Pedro, but I think they should be able to make them themselves  without forced views or ridicule.

Thats my opinion of course!

• Like 1

I haven't got a clue who we will sign, but one thing I'm certain of is that Monchi will know every single detail about the suitability and availability of each of Emery's targets. Meanwhile as fans of the same club we should be able to speculate in a friendly manner while waiting for the signings to happen. UTV.

9 minutes ago, sne said:

Guess you would not been a fan of signing Palhinha last summer?

Same one that played in the Primeria Liga in Portugal for Sporting Lisbon? If so then i would have certainly taken more of an interest and delved abit deeper 🙂 comparison with that one is quite wild 

5 minutes ago, macandally said:

Absolutely not!

I am annoyed at you dictating to everyone else what we/they should do based on your view.

I don’t give a monkeys what peoples views are on Pedro, but I think they should be able to make them themselves  without forced views or ridicule.

Well for one most of us should know football insider is a sickening source, others mentioned them being that and nothing said , id rather not waste thread material on seeing nonsense, secondly i wasnt forcing anything with players its just my opinion on a potential transfer WHATS the problem bro 😂 

8 minutes ago, macandally said:

Absolutely not!

Couldn’t care less what your annoyed by I haven’t attacked anyone or said anything with any venom.

27 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Tbf the Brazilian league has more money these days so better quality players do stay there. You get them called up to the National team.  Wasn’t Ángel around 25 when we signed him?

I see your point though. If he was good enough for the Premier league you’d think he’d be in Europe by now. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

3 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Couldn’t care less what your annoyed by I haven’t attacked anyone or said anything with any venom.

And if you are not getting my point by now, you are not going to so no point going on 👋

Edited by macandally

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Tbf the Brazilian league has more money these days so better quality players do stay there. You get them called up to the National team.  Wasn’t Ángel around 25 when we signed him?

I see your point though. If he was good enough for the Premier league you’d think he’d be in Europe by now. 

I respect this and like i say its rare but can be done but preferably wouldn’t take the risk, last point spot on 👏🏽 

@macandally  @gaz90see pointers for how you should probably  respond

Edited by RicRic
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Same one that played in the Primeria Liga in Portugal for Sporting Lisbon? If so then i would have certainly taken more of an interest and delved abit deeper 🙂 comparison with that one is quite wild 

Just checking what the cut off point is for when you start delving 😉. Arguably biggest club in Brazil with 8 titles in the last 4 years including Brazil champions as recent as in 2019, 2020 and Copa Libertadores winners in 2022 not enough then?

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Just checking what the cut off point is for when you start delving 😉. Arguably biggest club in Brazil with 8 titles in the last 4 years including Brazil champions as recent as in 2019, 2020 and Copa Libertadores winners in 2022 not enough then?

If i had to put an age cap on them having the talent and leaving the league id probably say 24 max, the great sharks will be circling around the 20/21 mark usually and snapping them up, but they dont stick around in them leagues and want European football.

5 minutes ago, RicRic said:

I respect this and like i say its rare but can be done but preferably wouldn’t take the risk, last point spot on 👏🏽 

Thanks again for proving my point! 

Oh the irony! 😂😂😂😂

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, RicRic said:

You dont know what I’ve done or what I’ve looked at, i only said no thanks in a respectful manner and for some reason i have a few trying to turn it into something it doesn’t need to be , I responded to @JAMAICAN-VILLAN who i highly respect and get on with , now if you dont like my opinion then move on and ignore simple! Its not that serious relaxx

To be fair I've been away for a while.

What are we arguing about now? 😂

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Your right if they perhaps played in one of europes top leagues but you wouldn’t be in those leagues for so long if you had something different to stand out respectfully of course

I think your position is largely supported by how these things typically play out, but in MY opinion, you'd be a fool to dismiss a player outright based on this criteria. 

It took me all of a few seconds to think of a really good South American player who didn't move to a top European league until his late 20's (Martin Palermo). I'm sure there are plenty of others over the years.

I get what you're saying, but I just don't agree with the reflexive application of your prejudice.

10 minutes ago, RicRic said:

3 minutes ago, macandally said:

Thanks again for proving my point! 

Oh the irony! 😂😂😂😂

Its very rare mate my point outweighs it, read what @Vive_La_Villa says he makes a good point knowing how i laid the question rather than dismiss me completely like you did.