Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

2 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Seeing more people being excited about Ugarte today than Marco Asensio yesterday.  Never change, VillaTalk.  Never change...

These rumour mongers are clever, but I guess they have to be to make a living out of it.

4 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Seeing more people being excited about Ugarte today than Marco Asensio yesterday.  Never change, VillaTalk.  Never change...

The only time to get excited is when the inks dry.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have to admit the Ugarte links surprise me a little as a DM was perhaps on my Winter shortlist and not necessarily a priority as of yet. 

I always thought Emery preferred a holding midfielder and a more deep lying playmaker. I know Ugarte comes with a good rep but is he this deep lying playmaker? I see him as more of a dynamic DM. 

As others have already suggested could this mean Dougie moves LM. I thought we’d be buying a RM and LM this window but perhaps not. 

6 minutes ago, burchy said:

I have to admit the Ugarte links surprise me a little as a DM was perhaps on my Winter shortlist and not necessarily a priority as of yet. 

I always thought Emery preferred a holding midfielder and a more deep lying playmaker. I know Ugarte comes with a good rep but is he this deep lying playmaker? I see him as more of a dynamic DM. 

As others have already suggested could this mean Dougie moves LM. I thought we’d be buying a RM and LM this window but perhaps not. 

It would mean we have options, either Doug left and Kamara and Ugarte in pivot. Or possibly Ugarte and Doug in pivot, with Kamara as a defender alongside Mings or Carlos. Flexibility.

Zaha is attracting interest from Saudi Club Al Ittihad. I know quite a lot want him here, i'm not sure myself, would prefer williams but no doubt zaha is talented. However i expect palace would prefer to sell abroad and no doubt the player would want the petro dollars too

Just now, Villatillidie95 said:

Zaha is attracting interest from Saudi Club Al Ittihad. I know quite a lot want him here, i'm not sure myself, would prefer williams but no doubt zaha is talented. However i expect palace would prefer to sell abroad and no doubt the player would want the petro dollars too

Palace won’t have a say where he goes, his contract is up in June. Free transfer.

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

Palace won’t have a say where he goes, his contract is up in June. Free transfer.

your right, palace have offered him a 4 year deal worth 200k per week. If thats the case we need to look elsewhere, it will be too disruptive for the dressing room atm

23 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Definitely a small minority wants him here

No to Zaha, please.

Some interesting links. Re Ugarte, I wouldnt be so quick to dismiss us vs Liverpool/Newcastle/Chelsea. We have quite a compelling offer. The names mentioned will be mentioned in most instances as that’s the pond we are fishing now, but they wont buy everyone we are linked with, especially Liverpool. Liverpool and Newcastle will only buy one or two players of a certain calibre so there will be plenty to go around, and Chelsea are looking like a selling club this summer having spunked £600m and missed out on Europe, with a MASSIVE squad and wage bill.  

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, thunderball said:

No to Zaha, please.

Some interesting links. Re Ugarte, I wouldnt be so quick to dismiss us vs Liverpool/Newcastle/Chelsea. We have quite a compelling offer. The names mentioned will be mentioned in most instances as that’s the pond we are fishing now, but they wont buy everyone we are linked with, especially Liverpool. Liverpool and Newcastle will only buy one or two players of a certain calibre so there will be plenty to go around, and Chelsea are looking like a selling club this summer having spunked £600m and missed out on Europe, with a MASSIVE squad and wage bill.  

I see us in the same place Newcastle were last season. We’re just a year behind them.

• Like 1

Didn’t we announce Kamara really early? Like the week after the season ended or something like that?

We could have deals almost done at this point.

Edited by duke313
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Didn’t we announce Kamara really early? Like the week after the season ended or something like that?

Just checked and we announced Diego Carlos on May 26th last year so really early 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Basically confirmed during the City match, officially announced a bit later

1 minute ago, MSvillain said:

Just checked and we announced Diego Carlos on May 26th last year so really early 

1 minute ago, bose said:

Basically confirmed during the City match, officially announced a bit later

I’d be surprised if we don’t announce our first signing before the end of June. Probably nobody we’ve been discussing. 

• Like 1

It’s really difficult to have a decent handle on what will happen in the summer in terms of budget or players coming in.

you might say well, yea that is every summer but not really.

it’s a new system, a new manager, a manager who has done really well, a manager with a higher reputation than we have had for decades.

they may sell some expensive players we don’t expect and they may give him 200m literally no clue

Edited by paul514

4 minutes ago, paul514 said:

It’s really difficult to have a decent handle on what will happen in the summer in terms of budget or players coming in.

you might say well, yea that is every summer but not really.

it’s a new system, a new manager, a manager who has done really well, a manager with a higher reputation than we have had for decades.

they may sell some expensive players we don’t expect and they may give him 200m literally no clue

Whatever happens, it's going to be a wild ride.

• Like 1