Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

7 hours ago, VillaChris said:

He had a fantastic game for them in the week against Roma by all accounts aswell so more proven than just Dutch league.

I still think we'll sign Guendouzi so not sure we have room for two new CMs but sounds an interesting player although Turks are a bit hit and miss in the premier league.

I see him as a more offensive option to Luiz and he has a decent delivery on him. A good knack of scoring too. He’d give us some options in the middle I think to change things up depending on the opposition. 

Obviously Guendouzi could do this too but I’d prefer Kokcu in the middle and a Guendouzi type signing for the RM slot

• Like 1

22 hours ago, sne said:

Ramsey, Iroegbunam and Archer makes 3 who could come in

This 100%

They may not be starters - but they have to be able to make the squad most weeks. Their performances are the type that if they didn't play for us we'd be saying to go buy them!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pez1974 said:

This 100%

They may not be starters - but they have to be able to make the squad most weeks. Their performances are the type that if they didn't play for us we'd be saying to go buy them!

Tim would certainly be useful at the minute never mind next season.

10 hours ago, paul514 said:

My understanding is both AWB and Dalot are out of contract in a year. They are going to have to sign one of them on a new deal and bring a new right back in.

Odds are that contract will be given to Dallo as he can play the managers way IMO.

The wages will doubtless be 100k or more the price would definitely be sub 30m maybe around the 20m mark.

As far as defensive right backs go, I would put him up there with the very best around in football, but most people don't want a defensive right back they want a James or Hakimi.

For me he is definatly worth the money

edit - 'Apparently' his wage is 90k currently

I do.

I have never been in favour of 2 full backs tripping the light fantastic.....one yes, but not 2....I think it leaves too few in numbers with defensive Nous.

I know, Liverpool do, but that's them.

Is Guendouzi still likely to be an option given that McGinn has that particular position nailed down, is club captain, and in form of his life? If he's going to cost £50-60m he'd need to be starting. Who's position would he take?

17 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

Is Guendouzi still likely to be an option given that McGinn has that particular position nailed down, is club captain, and in form of his life? If he's going to cost £50-60m he'd need to be starting. Who's position would he take?

Guendouzi makes a lot of sense.

Can play either on the left side of midfield or in a central position. That means he'll be pushing Ramsey for a place and can also fill in if Kamara/Luiz can't play centrally. I've also heard £20m mooted, not sure if that's correct or not. 

I'd hazard a guess we'll bring in Guendouzi, two forward players (Lee Kang-In and Williams?) and a right back (Foyth?).

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Can play either on the left side of midfield or in a central position. That means he'll be pushing Ramsey for a place and can also fill in if Kamara/Luiz can't play centrally. I've also heard £20m mooted, not sure if that's correct or not. 

I'd hazard a guess we'll bring in Guendouzi, two forward players (Lee Kang-In and Williams?) and a right back (Foyth?).

Guendouzi's a no-brainer at that sort of money. Seems crazy cheap though.

I reckon we'll go all out for an elite level right winger to take Bailey's place - break transfer record to get whoever it is. It's clear we need to invest in a No.2 goal-keeper who might be a cup goal keeper or play the European games if we make it. Wonder will they pick-up an experienced keeper from Spain with a similar age and value profile to Moreno.

31 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Think that would be a decent window, 4 players who can push for starting positions.

54 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

Think this is a nailed on transfer & would only be in the region of £30 million

16 minutes ago, burchy said:

According to some reports Gabri Veiga at Celta Vigo has a release clause of £35m, wouldn’t he be a better option to Guendouzi?

Bro, that's like saying we should go after Haaland last summer...  He's going to have all the elite clubs chasing after him.  Veiga and Kvaratskhelia are going to be the two most in demand players in Europe this summer.  

1 minute ago, KMitch said:

Bro, that's like saying we should go after Haaland last summer...  He's going to have all the elite clubs chasing after him.  Veiga and Kvaratskhelia are going to be the two most in demand players in Europe this summer.  

Didn’t we say the same about Kamara though. Surely if there’s a release clause and we meet it we’ve got a chance at least.

I’d put Kvaratskhelia in a higher bracket to Veiga though.

24 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Lo Celso and Almeida linked once more in The Mail. 

I'd 100% take Lo Celso if Coutinho is making an exit this summer.  Would be experienced competition for Buendia/Ramsey/McGinn in the midfield.  

1 minute ago, burchy said:

Didn’t we say the same about Kamara though. Surely if there’s a release clause and we meet it we’ve got a chance at least.

I’d put Kvaratskhelia in a higher bracket to Veiga though.

I'd never even heard of Veiga until someone mentioned him in this thread 🤣

1 hour ago, El-Reacho said:

Squad rotation and competition for places will do no harm.

Besides, If we qualify for Europa League then it adds to a long season, Combined with the two other cups we might want a run at and not forgetting injuries & suspensions along the way too.

• Like 1