Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

7 hours ago, paul514 said:

Here is one to keep the conversation flowing.....

If you had to buy 3 players from the bottom 8 teams so that excludes Palace as they 100% aren't going down now they have 33 points......

Who would they be bearing in mind what we need so not just the three best players?

Timothy Castagne

Romeo Lavia

Kamaldeen Sulemana

20 minutes ago, trillvillan said:

No one mentions Wilfred Ndidi - was hyped up a lot a couple years back. Haven't watched him much but is he even worth a shout anymore? Only has 1 year left on his contract. 

Already has an assist for Traore. Sign him up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Already has an assist for Traore. Sign him up.

Im thinking along the lines of, if we qualify for Europe, we'll need the extra "experienced" midfielder for Europe even tho he's still relatively young... He can hold either Conference/Europa down while giving valuable Premier League minutes on rotations with others. If we snuck UCL, then forget him and shoot for the stars lol. 

But I wouldn't think he'd cost that much either with 1 year left and the position Leicester are in. Lavia I guess matches the mold, but he seems pricy as he's the flavor of the summer. 

Edited by trillvillan
  • Like 1

For the 3 players from the bottom 8, I don't like many of the strikers or RBs, so Paqueta, Rice and Collins would be my 3.

I think RB is the easiest upgrade to the first team, and the second striker is the most important, but I think Rice and Paqueta are a much bigger upgrade over Ramsey and McGinn than we could get at any other positions from the bottom 8. Neither are happening, but it's a hypothetical question anyway. 

Collins might actually be a good target for us this summer if we sold Konsa. Great on the ball, very good in the air. More mobile than a guy his size has any right to be. Very similar to Mings in a lot of ways actually. Not sure why the Wolves manager doesn't fancy him but he'll be a top class CB imo, and could even do a similar role at RB as Dan Burn at LB for Newcastle. Wouldn't fancy him against a nippy little winger, but CB would be his primary position anyway. 

Gift Orban is playing vs West Ham tonight interesting to see what he is like, lots of hype about him and type of forward I think Unai would like from his profile

Edited by Zatman

20 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Gift Orban is playing vs West Ham tonight interesting to see what he is like, lots of hype about him and type of forward I think Unai would like from his profile

One of the best names in world football at present is a good starter for 10.

2 hours ago, Shaun Teales Moustache said:

For the 3 players from the bottom 8, I don't like many of the strikers or RBs, so Paqueta Rice and Collins would be my 3.

I think RB is the easiest upgrade to the first team, and the second striker …

That’s my shopping list.

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Haha 4

21 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Just watched some highlight clips, looks like he’s a similar player to Ollie.  Is that a fair assessment generally?  Could be good although I think Emery would like a different style as an option when buying a striker to give him variety or as a complementary player to play with Ollie.

17 hours ago, paul514 said:

Southampton - Tino Liveramento for right back, always good to have home grown players too.
Leicester - Wilfred Ndidi for DCM, bit of a long shot as I suspect a big 6 club would want him if they went down.
Forest - Brennan Johnson for forward, again home grown.

Tempted by Maddison

Ndidi has been poor for a while, his passing is a weakness too, no top 6 team will be in for him and he wouldn't get in our team ahead of Luiz or Kamara. His injuries have killed him I suspect. 

Just now, Leeroy said:

Ndidi has been poor for a while, his passing is a weakness too, no top 6 team will be in for him and he wouldn't get in our team ahead of Luiz or Kamara. His injuries have killed him I suspect. 

Exactly the period that Leicester have been poor for? 

Have we learnt nothing from writing off Luiz, McGinn et al during Gerrards reign? Being at a club that's rotten to the core doesn't suddenly make you a bad footballer. 

48 minutes ago, Zatman said:

What a name.

18 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Exactly the period that Leicester have been poor for? 

Have we learnt nothing from writing off Luiz, McGinn et al during Gerrards reign? Being at a club that's rotten to the core doesn't suddenly make you a bad footballer. 

I just think injuries have caught up with him and he's not the player he once was, he's also very limited.

If you can get him in a team where he's just breaking up play maybe in a counter attacking team he'd be potentially brilliant, but in a progressive team like ours I'm not sure he'd work plus it's not an area of the team that needs serious attention. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SecretVillaScout said:

Marcus Thuram
Daichi Kamada
Mohammed Salisu
Dani Ceballos

If we signed all the above this summer on free transfers but spend 0. Would you be happy with the transfer window?

**** YEAH! Shouting because I’d shoot my proverbial with those. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, SecretVillaScout said:

Marcus Thuram
Daichi Kamada
Mohammed Salisu
Dani Ceballos

If we signed all the above this summer on free transfers but spend 0. Would you be happy with the transfer window?

Yes I would be as Thuram, Kamada and Ceballos would almost certainly improve us considerably and give us a mix of different attributes.

My worry would be not enough work on the defence but given our defence has been pretty solid since Unai arrived we would probably be OK.

4 minutes ago, SecretVillaScout said:

Marcus Thuram
Daichi Kamada
Mohammed Salisu
Dani Ceballos

Delighted but “free” has some major baggage like major signing on fees and huge wages, much greater than usual. Total deal will be less than a usual deal but comes with its own baggage.  But deals like Kamara was are brilliant for that quality of a player.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SecretVillaScout said:

Marcus Thuram
Daichi Kamada
Mohammed Salisu
Dani Ceballos

If we signed all the above this summer on free transfers but spend 0 overall. Would you be happy with the transfer window?

Salisu is not available on a free this summer, his contract is to 2024, he probably wouldn't be that expensive mind.  But if you're keeping it free transfers than change Salisu to N'Dicka at Frankfurt

• Like 2