Jhon Durán

PieFacE

He’s been ok and shown lots of potential but I think some fans are getting a bit carried away. I still reckon a loan next year where he can play a lot of football would do him wonders. Maybe a lower end Premier League team. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He’s been ok and shown lots of potential but I think some fans are getting a bit carried away. I still reckon a loan next year where he can play a lot of football would do him wonders. Maybe a lower end Premier League team

No way I'd want him going to Man Utd 😂

• Haha 3

On 21/01/2024 at 18:37, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Saw photos of him and John Gregory on social media mate.

Saying " It's been 25 years since we last saw each other " etc along those lines.

Nothing ground breakingly ITK whatsoever 😂.

I'll try to find the post.

Edit: Found @DaveAV1

Come to think of it... JG actually could have been in Colombia FFS 🤦🏿‍♂️

Thanks JV now there’s a couple of proper Villa men, no matter which continent they were in. Would have been great to listen in to their chat! UTV!!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zero7 said:

How on earth can people make money from masking up complete and utter Bolloc** - I must be in the wrong job 

How do you know it's utter ******** ?

A kid who's not starting (also rumoured to be unhappy), with huge potential, wanted by a club with striker problems? I can see it being true.

Edited by Tom13

6 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

If Chelsea offered big money for him I'd be tempted tbh. 

If it was stupid money maybe, but it would have to be stupid money, like £100m.

If we're confident we can manage his character and he's not a problem in the squad then we shoudl see if we can get him to fulfill his potential here.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, romavillan said:

If it was stupid money maybe, but it would have to be stupid money, like £100m.

If we're confident we can manage his character and he's not a problem in the squad then we shoudl see if we can get him to fulfill his potential here.

I'd take £40m tbh :D 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

I'd take £40m tbh :D 

We should be asking for more than that, finding potential in his position is really hard and any young striker with even like one season of decent numbers in a good league costs a shitload.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

How do you know it's utter ******** ?

A kid who's not starting (also rumoured to be unhappy), with huge potential, wanted by a club with striker problems? I can see it being true.

let me rephrase, 90+% of these so called in the knows, know actually nothing and just make up or regurgitate other made up crap. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, romavillan said:

We should be asking for more than that, finding potential in his position is really hard and any young striker with even like one season of decent numbers in a good league costs a shitload.

Yeah that's fair. 

I have my reservations about him as a player and how happy both parties are with the situation. But that's largely just guesswork. 

Wouldn't be totally shocked if Villa decided to move him on for profit and bring in someone else. Time will tell I guess. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

If Chelsea offered big money for him I'd be tempted tbh. 

Yep. Getting our money back would be enough for me tbh. Plus it weakens a rival (for next season) so win win.

Its all nonsense though I reckon.

All sounds likes a bit of BS and constant rumours inc agent talk, fake itks etc.

Where exactly is Duran gonna go and get more game time?

Unless it’s abroad (couldn’t afford him) or a level down… in which case it’d have to be a loan. And we’d have to source a replacement in a short space of time…

He’s a rookie, a youngster with potential, can’t imagine him being a regular or guaranteed starting CF in PL for a team he might be interested in…

He just needs to be patient and make the most of his chances… so much time on his side and is playing for one of the best managers and coaches around… it’s a wonderful opportunity and environment for him.

Dunno what he is even thinking or feeling, there’s just too much speculation and who knows how much of it contains any grain/form of truth?

It’s kind of an unnecessary distraction or disruption but I hope it’s more fabricated rather than there being any real issue at all… too much noise out of people around him too, esp when he goes on international duty… leave the kid be and let him work and develop.

Â