Mattéo Guendouzi

JayVTID

11 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

Yeah this imo.

In possession as we progress up the pitch he becomes more central, Bailey provides the width on the right and Moreno on the left, Mings Konsa and Young form a back 3

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

There has been no discussion between the two clubs since the start of the transfer window … it is not relevant for the moment

I’m sure this journalist is very reliable, sounds like it’s not that close unfortunately 😞

Emery himself stated we need to move Sanson and Nakamaba on before we can add another midfielder. Why on earth would we be bidding for Guendouzi before either of them have left? It sounds like we have discussed with player and he's open to move and wages probably discussed too. So if we move on those two players we can bid for Guendouzi and see if we can agree a fee with Marseille. 

It's really rather simple. Players move out and other player can come in. 

Just now, maqroll said:

All Gerrard signings.

So do we have the full list of all players signed and who's pick it was. The people who've been tagged as solely responsible for signings are

Suso, Lange, Purslow, Smith, Gerrard, Emery. 

So we should have the full definitive list of who - entirely on their own - signed which player. 

This is how football clubs work isn't it? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Emery himself stated we need to move Sanson and Nakamaba on before we can add another midfielder. Why on earth would we be bidding for Guendouzi before either of them have left? It sounds like we have discussed with player and he's open to move and wages probably discussed too. So if we move on those two players we can bid for Guendouzi and see if we can agree a fee with Marseille. 

I agree, that’s what I thought from the original report posted earlier that we may have verbally agreed with his agent on what his contract would look like. Hopefully we can shift some more players before the end of the window.

21 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

There has been no discussion between the two clubs since the start of the transfer window … it is not relevant for the moment

I’m sure this journalist is very reliable, sounds like it’s not that close unfortunately 😞

Sounds like something a club trying to find a replacement would say 👀

• Like 1

I don’t know who that French journalist is but why do they seem more credible when it’s bad news? The way we run things now journalists don’t get a sniff unless we want them too… so they’re all equally out of the loop in my opinion.

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

The interesting thing will be if Sanson and Nakamba don’t get moves by (let’s say) by 30th January through things falling through or another reason.  Then if Emery does want Guendouzi and we believe he wants to come, will the club push through the deal anyway and Sanson and Nakamba stick around until at least the summer because they haven’t got a move.  I’m guessing they will push the deal through in that case.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, messi11 said:

I believe it based on the Dendoncker, Chambers, Augustinsson, Olsen, Bednarek signings. 

Dendoncker - good signing, very good price. Experienced PL CDM who can play CB if needed. Also adds some size to squad

Chambers - Experienced CB signed for essentially free, improvement on Tuanzebe who was recalled and we were down to 2 fit CBs at the time with Hause injured.

Augustinsson - Loan signing as we badly needed LB cover, cheap too as he's not on high wages. Seems to have served his purpose if he leaves this window. 

Olsen - We had essentially no reserve GK and needed one. He was available and very experienced. 

Bednarek - only here because of an emergency loan with Carlos rupturing his achilles in his 2nd game. 

2 of the above are loans purely as cover. Two came essentially for nothing lasy Jan to fill gaps in the squad. I see nothing wrong / bad with any of these. Loans served their purpose. Chambers / Olsen cost nothing and can be moved on if we wanted to. Dendoncker is a good signing at a good price. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, nick76 said:

The interesting thing will be if Sanson and Nakamba don’t get moves by (let’s say) by 30th January through things falling through or another reason.  Then if Emery does want Guendouzi and we believe he wants to come, will the club push through the deal anyway and Sanson and Nakamba stick around until at least the summer because they haven’t got a move.  I’m guessing they will push the deal through in that case.

No they won't imo. This is because two things happen with this. Sansons value drops even further as he is now getting zero mins and just eats up wages (like Naka is now) and we take a bigger loss on him then we would. Secondly adding another player on big wages and a big fee hits this years accounts and FFP where if we waited until summer it would hit next years accounts. Sanson is a good player and Emery is happy to use him. 

So from a club perspective Sanson leaves we can sign Guendouzi for right price. If he doesn't leave we wait until summer to move Sanson on and bid for Guendouzi. We are not short of midfielders atm

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

No they won't imo. This is because two things happen with this. Sansons value drops even further as he is now getting zero mins and just eats up wages (like Naka is now) and we take a bigger loss on him then we would. Secondly adding another player on big wages and a big fee hits this years accounts and FFP where if we waited until summer it would hit next years accounts. Sanson is a good player and Emery is happy to use him. 

So from a club perspective Sanson leaves we can sign Guendouzi for right price. If he doesn't leave we wait until summer to move Sanson on and bid for Guendouzi. We are not short of midfielders atm

Hmmm I disagree, I don’t think they’ll restrict him and extend some leeway especially in our current position.  That won’t always be the case but I don’t think they’ll restrict him straight out the gate, I really don’t, not for one deal that Emery really wants.

7 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Hmmm I disagree, I don’t think they’ll restrict him and extend some leeway especially in our current position.  That won’t always be the case but I don’t think they’ll restrict him straight out the gate, I really don’t, not for one deal that Emery really wants.

It's not restricting him in anyway. We've too many midfielders and we need to move them on before signing more. It's totally logical and Emery himself seems to know that, saying they need to move on before we sign another midfielder. He's also praised Sanson

Â