Mattéo Guendouzi

JayVTID

This is a big signing if we do this. Living in Islington, I watched a lot of him when at Arsenal, due to my pals following them, and he always looked good. A face you want to slap at times 😂. But a great player. 23, international, can play various positions, knows the manager (and loves him). This ticks loads of boxes. He also improves us massively. The ideal of him, Dougie and Kamara is exciting. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

So, if true, I guess we're waiting to get Sanson & Nakamba out of the door before we finalize this move. 

Yes, Emery said as much. We can't add Guendouzi to wage bill and his contract amortisation with those two still on our books

If Guendouzi is Emery’s top target let’s bring him in. We paid £35-40m for Buendia and this guy has been playing at a higher level than Buendia was at Norwich so we shouldn’t have an issue stumping up the cash for him. It sounds like he’d really fit the system as a more attack-minded midfielder who can drift wide similarly to how McGinn has been played recently. 

4 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

We’re trying to shift Sanson and Marv but if we get this guy in I wouldn’t be surprised if we moved Buendia on too if we got a decent offer. It would need to be a good chunk though. 

I think the club would listen to sensible offers for Buendia, Coutinho and Bailey. Doubt they’d arrive though!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, david-avfc said:

If Guendouzi is Emery’s top target let’s bring him in. We paid £35-40m for Buendia and this guy has been playing at a higher level than Buendia was at Norwich so we shouldn’t have an issue stumping up the cash for him. It sounds like he’d really fit the system as a more attack-minded midfielder who can drift wide similarly to how McGinn has been played recently. 

Buendia cost £33m with 5m add-ons (I imagine none of them have triggered other than maybe appearances) and a 10% sell on clause. 

I think paying £35-40 for Guendouzi is too much. Transfermarkt have him valued at €25m 

22 minutes ago, deeps said:

This is a big signing if we do this. Living in Islington, I watched a lot of him when at Arsenal, due to my pals following them, and he always looked good. A face you want to slap at times 😂. But a great player. 23, international, can play various positions, knows the manager (and loves him). This ticks loads of boxes. He also improves us massively. The ideal of him, Dougie and Kamara is exciting. 

Midfield 4 of Guendouzi, Kamara, Douglas and J. Ramsey is pure filth. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

The manager ON FRIDAY literally said that "we will not buy unless it is a clear upgrade on what we have". He didn't say, "we have no money and have to penny pinch any signings", he is waiting for the right player to become available. 

If a clear upgrade is available that fit's our world class manager system, then he will spend the money. Until then, I'd rather he didn't. 

Our owners have a combined wealth greater than the gross domestic product of Jamaica. Stop peddling this tripe that they don't have any money. 

Your posting for effect is becoming exhausting. 

May I direct your attention to the 'ignore user' function. Works wonders. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

I've never actually ignored anyone on these forums, but it's getting f**king close. 

Ignoring people on a forum just creates an echo chamber. I admire your decision not to. However, there are certain posters that are on the wind up constantly and it becomes tiring. 

• Thanks 1

Â