Álex Moreno

Delphinho123

Hard to dislike. Brave (and will occasionally be foolish) with the ball and able to dribble his way out of trouble. Crucially and unlike Digne, has the ability to dribble infield even on his left foot so that defenders have to think twice when trying to force him down the line. 

• Like 3

Emery will sign more ‘unexciting’ players like this who will be great. We have to remember that when the transfer rumours aren’t as jazzy as we might like.

Edit: unexciting meaning name/price not style of play.

Edited by Adam2003

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

We have only conceded 5 goals when he has been on the pitch since he has signed, we have conceded 13 goals since he joined us

Digne earns over double his wage as well.

37 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I heard it was triple. 

Isn’t Moreno only on about £35k whereas I Digne is our top earner on about 160k!

I think we’re desperately trying to get shot as the wages he’s on are ridiculous. 

2 minutes ago, burchy said:

Isn’t Moreno only on about £35k whereas I Digne is our top earner on about 160k!

I think we’re desperately trying to get shot as the wages he’s on are ridiculous. 

Not a chance Moreno is on £35k. It's the PL in 2023, if he's on 35k he needs to sack his agent, I'd get him more than that

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, weedman said:

Not a chance Moreno is on £35k. It's the PL in 2023, if he's on 35k he needs to sack his agent, I'd get him more than that

Capology (I know) has his ‘verified’ salary as 35k, it has him on 11.5k when at Betis.

It doesn’t really matter as he’s a little gem of a fullback, great pick up regardless of his salary. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, weedman said:

No chance? Why? If he was on 11k at Betis, why would Villa have to give him anywhere near 80-100k a week? 

We’ve tripled his wages and given him the chance to play in the best league in the world. He’s also approaching 30, so no need to go mental on the wages.

Honestly, this was just a deal that made sense for everybody. We needed a more dynamic left back, Betis got a very good fee for a player who won’t command one at all in a couple of years and Moreno more than tripled his wages. 

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

No chance? Why? If he was on 11k at Betis, why would Villa have to give him anywhere near 80-100k a week? 

We’ve tripled his wages and given him the chance to play in the best league in the world. He’s also approaching 30, so no need to go mental on the wages.

Honestly, this was just a deal that made sense for everybody. We needed a more dynamic left back, Betis got a very good fee for a player who won’t command one at all in a couple of years and Moreno more than tripled his wages. 

Just because the PL players demand more, not a slight on anyone, but a player willing to play for 35k would get 50k just due to the PL tax. I doubt there are many starting players across the entire league on £35k a week with the possible exception of players that have come through the youth setup recently and not been awarded a new contract yet 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, weedman said:

Just because the PL players demand more, not a slight on anyone, but a player willing to play for 35k would get 50k just due to the PL tax. I doubt there are many starting players across the entire league on £35k a week with the possible exception of players that have come through the youth setup recently and not been awarded a new contract yet 

What’s PL tax out of interest?

Just now, WHY said:

PL teams have to pay more for players because every man and their agent knows how much money is in the PL and if you don't pay it, another PL team will because they're also loaded

A bit like the English player tax in that you have to pay English players more because they're more in demand due to squad quotas 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, burchy said:

Capology (I know) has his ‘verified’ salary as 35k, it has him on 11.5k when at Betis.

It doesn’t really matter as he’s a little gem of a fullback, great pick up regardless of his salary. 

Couldn't agree more, it's not my money, I don't care what he's paid, as far as I'm concerned he's at least as good as Digne (I'd say better but early days so far) so their salaries should be comparable and I'm confident he's on far far less than Digne, so it's a bargain even if he's on double that £35k

10 minutes ago, WHY said:

The insane TV rights money compared to most other leagues.

Majority of players in La Liga outside the Madrids and Barca are earning what most premier league players earnt in 2007-08 period.

Not sure what Moreno was on at Betis compared to here but he could've been in 20-25k bracket and now earning 70k here so it's a very good wage boost.

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

The insane TV rights money compared to most other leagues.

Majority of players in La Liga outside the Madrids and Barca are earning what most premier league players earnt in 2007-08 period.

Not sure what Moreno was on at Betis compared to here but he could've been in 20-25k bracket and now earning 70k here so it's a very good wage boost.

I don’t think a lot of players get as much as you would think. No chance Moreno is on anywhere near 70k a week imo. You don’t sign a player for £12m and give them 70k a week. He will be on 40’s tops, will still be a good bump on what he was on at Betis mind. 

Â