VT Biohacking

Vive_La_Villa

So I’ve had times when I’ve tried to get in to being the best version of myself in terms of more energy and vitality. Be from Keto, IF, tracking sleep, meditation, supplements etc. But theres a minefield of information out there and it’s very easy to get lost in it all.

So I would love to hear if any VT’s are in to this type of thing and what lifestyle changes they have made which have really made a difference to how they generally feel.  Supplements being a big one.

Mods apologies if already threads on this or if it’s not appropriate..  

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

So I’ve had times when I’ve tried to get in to being the best version of myself in terms of more energy and vitality. Be from Keto, IF, tracking sleep, meditation, supplements etc. But theres a minefield of information out there and it’s very easy to get lost in it all.

So I would love to hear if any VT’s are in to this type of thing and what lifestyle changes they have made which have really made a difference to how they generally feel.  Supplements being a big one.

Make a massive difference to you day 464685011_0_640x640.jpg?identifier=83ae3f9020b70a22f5364ca6b80db0b3

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

You take this regularly mate ?

pretty much every day, they really help with mental focus and concentration and keep me going on the devils tricycle longer. Work a treat with a hangover as well.

downside is they are quite pricey

• Thanks 2

The best thing you can do for more energy is sleep more. And when you're not wrecked you're not reaching for the sugar and other rubbish. You'll make better choices. You'll be more inclined to get some exercise done.

Easier said than done of course.

Edited by Mr_Dogg
  • Like 2

I haven't really exercised since my son was born nearly 4 years ago now.

I feel like shit basically all of the time - Now we have 2 boys and the oldest is at the germ factory (pre-school) we are basically ill all the time too.

I used to do P90 and yoga almost daily :(

I know yoga is on the same level of vegans but if you can be dedicated it really is awesome for you body and mind.

2 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

pretty much every day, they really help with mental focus and concentration and keep me going on the devils tricycle longer. Work a treat with a hangover as well.

How many do you take a day? Looking at this to now. Hopefully there's a refer a friend thing for you....

8 minutes ago, DeadlyDirk said:

How many do you take a day? Looking at this to now. Hopefully there's a refer a friend thing for you....

Maximum of four, I do 1 1/2 tablets, first thing 1 1/2 tablets at lunch and then the last one late afternoon. This method also make sure you’ve get enough water in the day.

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

something that really helped me was making more of a conscious effort to have veg in the fridge to snack on. Celery, cucumber, carrot, etc with a pot of humus or whatever to dip it in. Swap out one of your snacks for raw veg & dip or add it to your meals. Sorts out your digestion, keeps your appetite down, bla bla.

Other thing is one long (hour+) walk per day, on top of any other exercise you do. As early in the day as possible, but evening is fine if that’s your only gap.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Looks like it’s similar to Berroca with the benefits of hydration too. Ordering some now. Nice one.

• Thanks 1

I'm in a similar boat as I head towards 40 (some years left...) and there seems to have been one thing that "everyone" bangs on about when they've said they've felt better about themselves - probiotics.

As someone who suffers with eczema/asthma/allergies generally, I sometimes have flare ups of crap skin or crap health or whatever.  My control overall is probably "OK", but I want to be better...

...so am going to take the plunge on Symprove.  It's expensive (£40/month for a year!) but has rave reviews and those who I've spoken to who are using it have said how much it's changed their lives for the better.  I think the conscious effort of taking something and trying to be healthier is that you will also make those healthier choices like not reaching for an 11am snack etc.

But yeah, about to take the plunge and will report back :D 

Edited by bobzy
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I'm in a similar boat as I head towards 40 (some years left...) and there seems to have been one thing that "everyone" bangs on about when they've said they've felt better about themselves - probiotics.

As someone who suffers with eczema/asthma/allergies generally, I sometimes have flare ups of crap skin or crap health or whatever.  My control overall is probably "OK", but I want to be better...

...so am going to take the plunge on Symprove.  It's expensive (£40/month for a year!) but has rave reviews and those who I've spoken to who are using it have said how much it's changed their lives for the better.  I think the conscious effort of taking someone and trying to be healthier is that you will also make those healthier choices like not reaching for an 11am snack etc.

Been hearing/reading loads about the important of our gut health and microbiomes on our overall health and how it’s an area that has been overlooked for years.   I recently had to take different types of antibiotic for a finger infection and I’ve felt shitty since. Apparently they kill all your ‘good’ bacteria.  Or it could be just a bit of knowledge giving me a placebo affect and in reality I felt shit before taking them too. 

Let us know how you get on with these mate. It’s definitely something I’ve been looking in to. 

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

...so am going to take the plunge on Symprove.  It's expensive (£40/month for a year!) but has rave reviews and those who I've spoken to who are using it have said how much it's changed their lives for the better.  I think the conscious effort of taking something and trying to be healthier is that you will also make those healthier choices like not reaching for an 11am snack etc.

Would you not get the same benefits from a good yoghurt or Kefir?

Just now, Mr_Dogg said:

Would you not get the same benefits from a good yoghurt or Kefir?

Not sure - I can only go by what people are saying I suppose.  I've been having Kefir daily for the last 2 weeks or so, so not a long enough amount of time at the moment.

Â