Groceries

maqroll

Cauliflower, if you can find it, is $8.99 USD a head!!

My go-to pasta brand just went up in price by 50 cents. 

And honey is now almost as expensive as maple syrup.

😠 

My monthly grocery bill is shocking.

Yeah, I feel it here in Norway too. What a time to be alive!

I try not to look at the prices and think about it too much, but I do find myself buying the bare minimum I need to feed myself decent food through the week and plan my shopping down to detail so as to not shop on impulse and spend unnecessarily. 

Edited by El Zen
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

Is that right or a typing mistake? 
They are about £1 in the UK. 

Sadly not a typo. Outrageous. And sad because I love cauliflower.

• Shocked 1

Groceries are up 17% on average in Sweden compared to last year. It's a few % higher than Norway and Denmark apparently for some reason. Sweden is a large country (as in it's a long way from north to south) so transports are expensive. The absurd electric prices and the cost for refrigerating and so on for stores has obviously gone up a lot too.

Pretty sure many grocery chains are also adding a few % on the prices as well just to make a little more while they are at it.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

Is that right or a typing mistake? 
They are about £1 in the UK. 

$9, but comes with a free gun.

AMIRITE?

Seriously though, that is a crazy price!

• Like 1

I never really take that much notice of individual prices, but my weekly shop has definitely increased substantially over the last couple of years. 

1 minute ago, Xela said:

I never really take that much notice of individual prices, but my weekly shop has definitely increased substantially over the last couple of years. 

For the first time in my long life I've started taking notice of individual prices and modifying purchasing choices accordingly. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Food shopping is our biggest bill here, it’s costing a fortune to feed us all each week. Things aren’t going up by a few pence anymore, it’s in 30p, 50p, 75p increments. On a big shop it’s a lot. 

Combined with energy, there will be a lot of hungry people this winter.

6qd8v7d2qc2a1.jpg

Edited by Davkaus
  • Sad 4

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Combined with energy, there will be a lot of hungry people this winter.

6qd8v7d2qc2a1.jpg

I hope it won’t get that bad for me, but with interest rates, fuel, electric and food all increasing substantially, on a single wage, it’s certainly not the comfortable middle class relative luxury I’ve been used to for most of my life. 

• Like 1

On 27/11/2022 at 20:46, mjmooney said:

For the first time in my long life I've started taking notice of individual prices and modifying purchasing choices accordingly. 

Its the same,way down here in Perth as well

Â