World Cup: Matches

Genie

9 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Almost reminded me of Jack, who I assume Messi has based his game off.

Funny as this may seem, we have seen similar from Jack  at his height of form. Passes that normal players can only see on TV. 

• Like 1

If England should fail tomorrow, and, let's be honest, the French is our first proper test, however, without England, there's still Emi, and I couldn't think of a nicer chap to win a World cup winners medal. Also the honour of Villa having a goalkeeper of such prestige. 

I do hope all this media talk of him and Emery having a tense relationship is just a load of bollocks. It's been a long time since we've had a goalkeeper who we actually feel so secure about and with the bonus of that infectious personality. Of all our players, he's the one who I would be gutted most about were he to leave. Hopefully he becomes the legend we all hope for, up there with Jimmy, Nigel, Burridge and Bozzie. 

• Like 1

Just now, Genie said:

Ridiculous that Messi didn’t get a yellow for that when the dutch player got one for exactly the same offence :lol: 

It was Romero, not a Dutch player, but yes, should be a yellow.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, il_serpente said:

It was Romero, not a Dutch player, but yes, should be a yellow.

Ah yes, of course. 

Same point though, it’s bad enough that nobody tries to tackle Messi. The refs won’t book him either.

1 minute ago, NoelVilla said:

That this ref is rated highly is mindblowing.  It's like he don't know the rules 

He’s desperate to be the star of the show. You can see he wants to send someone from the bench off before the end of the match.

• Like 1